Spybot Search & Destroy 1.5.2 RC1 (aka 1.5.1.19)

jalaffa

SpyBot.pngSpybot - Search & Destroy can detect and remove spyware of different kinds from your computer. Spyware is a relatively new kind of threat that common anti-virus applications do not yet cover. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you didn't intentionally install, if your browser crashes, or if you browser start page has changed without your knowing, you most probably have spyware. But even if you don't see anything, you may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging that is silently tracking your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile of you that will be sold to advertisement companies. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm in trying to see if something snooped into your computer too.

Download

• Replies 11
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No shell extensions spotted installed here. About the startup speed. I was wondering why my computer took so long to get ready after a reboot all of a sudden. Probably this program.

...and does it still take forever to load?

If you mean the delay between launching the program and having the window appear, that was fixed in a previous beta 1.5.1.18.

If you mean the delay between launching the program and having the window appear, that was fixed in a previous beta 1.5.1.18.

I hadn't noticed that that was fixed either, that was really annoying.

No shell extensions spotted installed here. About the startup speed. I was wondering why my computer took so long to get ready after a reboot all of a sudden. Probably this program.

@jfe i don't think Spybot S&D has anything to do with your computer booting up slow, maybe if you selected Tea Timer to install, but otherwise not.

i think they are talking about the programs slow start.tea timer starts with windows but the spybot search and destroy has gotten very slow to load .over the years i dont know why.i use it now,only when i am finished with my computer.

i think they are talking about the programs slow start.tea timer starts with windows but the spybot search and destroy has gotten very slow to load .over the years i dont know why.i use it now,only when i am finished with my computer.

dock98 i think jfe wasn't talking about the slow program start here. And as bob1234 already posted, this issue was fixed ;-)

Spybot S&D proved to be a really helpful program for fixing my own and my friends pc's. But as you get more well-known with the Internet you develop a better sense of what to download and what to leave out there, so i don't need it a lot anymore.

It seems to be alot faster than other versions, for me anyway..

Yeah it was wrong of me to put this program to blame for my abnormal long boot up time. Did some testings of programs during the weekend for the proxy (involving maybe 20 programs). After some reshuffling I'm back to normal :)

Archived