Firefox deleting favorites?

Myrak

Alright, I'd been running my laptop for about 2 days without shutting it down or hibernating it or whatever, in which time I upgraded my Firefox to ver 1.0.5. I also updated my CCleaner. I also turned off System Restore and removed the 'Indexing' setting on my drives, if that affects anything (the thing that holds a list of all the files on a certain drive, used by the Windows search function). :D

Updated Firefox, used CCleaner (with all the default settings). Used the computer a bit more and finally shut it down late yesterday. Boot it up today and ALL my favorites/bookmarks are completely gone. My IE favorites are fine, just Firefox's are completely gone. Before I shut it down all my favourites were still there. :wacko:

Anyone know what might've happened/how I could restore them? Or if anything else I did could've caused it? Thanks.

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

zip/rar bookmarks.html in this folder, upload it to rapidshare.de, and PM me the link. i'll take a look at it for you :D

C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\.default

or, if your a bit tech savy just open it in notepad and look for any 'screw ups' in the code :D

:D!! I browsed to Doc's+Settings but no Application Data folder. I know I've seen it there before, I even browsed into it once or twice just recently. WTF

Oh, and I just remembered I defragged my drive using PerfectDisk yesterday. If that affects anything.

App Data is hidden by default :D

You'll need to go to "View Hidden Folders" :D

So that's where it was! *headdesk* :D

It's probably because I usually have 'show hidden' enabled by default, but with all the shuffling I've been doing to all my stuff I must've set it to off. :wacko:

Alright, I looked around and found a couple of backup files, and the HTML file you requested. Except I'd already re-imported most of my lost bookmarks from IE, only missing about 5 or 6 now. The HTML file and one of the backups are already overwritten with the favourites I imported, but one wasn't. I included both backups and the HTML file in the ZIP file. See what you can do.

If worst comes to worst I can simply read through the one backup and recover my lost links manually.

http://rapidshare.de/files/3053634/bookmar...l.sbsd.zip.html

bookmarks.html.sbsd.bak seems to be more up to date, try deleting bookmarks.html and renaming bookmarks.html.sbsd.bak to take it's place...should work :D

Archived