ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 3.0.560 Final

Lee

After installing nsane's (final) fix, updating works again. So I think nsane's fix is the best for now.

I understand there is no nsane's final, only beta. :wacko:

If there was it would be posted here I would think.

I have a question;

Which nsane patch works for Win98se using 2.70.39?

Regards,

Whack

• Replies 96
  • Views 71.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question;

Regards,

Whack

I guess nsane fix v2.2 would work, that one is supposed to be working for 2.7 so i think the operating system doesn't matter...

If you can't find a download link pm me and i'll find you one.(Because of the main site being offline.)

Greetz shought

After installing nsane's (final) fix, updating works again. So I think nsane's fix is the best for now.

It's still a beta that's right, but from what I understand there is nothing more to change. So then it becomes the final.

It's still a beta that's right, but from what I understand there is nothing more to change. So then it becomes the final.

Thanks, but that is the very meening or the word "official" Final.

There must be some reason for the delay.

I have a question;

Regards,

Whack

I guess nsane fix v2.2 would work, that one is supposed to be working for 2.7 so i think the operating system doesn't matter...

If you can't find a download link pm me and i'll find you one.(Because of the main site being offline.)

Greetz shought

Thanks.

Will the old v2.2 work for the 98 trial version? Should I update to full version with a AV first?

Regards

he's talking about the new build i released internally to our ViPs & Donators on Nov 10th, the leaked build floating around is the beta released on the 4th (thanks to ebait & jfe for verifying that) :angry:

md5 for the latest:

7872c51d614e67a818a3eae6ad86b21b

md5 for the previous leaked one:

096d2955e38ca76e8b5ebca63ccf85ab

according to our tests tho, i shouldn't have to fix anything and the Nov. 10th build should be released as final whenever the frontpage and proxy are back online :)

edit: in regard to FiX 2.2, it doesn't work now. for 1) the View_CLSID entry is gone and 2) 3.0 now REFUSES to use the /nod_eval/ update folders. so it's a no go on both fronts now :sneaky:

he's talking about the new build i released internally to our ViPs & Donators on Nov 10th, the leaked build floating around is the beta released on the 4th (thanks to ebait & jfe for verifying that) :)

md5 for the latest:

7872c51d614e67a818a3eae6ad86b21b

md5 for the previous leaked one:

096d2955e38ca76e8b5ebca63ccf85ab

according to our tests tho, i shouldn't have to fix anything and the Nov. 10th build should be released as final whenever the frontpage and proxy are back online :)

edit: in regard to FiX 2.2, it doesn't work now. for 1) the View_CLSID entry is gone and 2) 3.0 now REFUSES to use the /nod_eval/ update folders. so it's a no go on both fronts now ;)

Thank you nsane for clearing that up. Also do you have the answer to my other question regarding win98se?

Thanks again. Rock on!

I wonder how this compares to Kaspersky 7.0.0.125. My previous experience with NOD32 2.70.39 was horrible. Meaning even if it detect the virus and quarintined it the files already somehow initialized and was already infected. So after a reboot or something nod will detect new viruses and before I know it, I'm already infected. Kaspersky on the other hand kept them form happening so I was wondering how much of an improvement ESET made to this v3 release. Funny how the final already now have 2 fixes so far :\

I've also noticed that the two .exe files that ESET uses are twice the amount of Kasperskies. Totally at around 31mb-42mb for one and 9mb for the other. While Kaspersky only uses avp.exe with 9-30ishmb. Just a heads up but :)

Tried installing both AV's at once. Worked but hella slow. Yes I know you can't do that and it'll conflict but I thought I tried the best of both worlds since ppl have one sided views on which one is better. Only way to tell is through those company tests of numerous AV comparisons.

Only way to tell is to try yourself, those company tests are biased.

Strangly i have never had such an experience with NOD as you have had, I do HATE Kaspersky though...slows my systen down.

Lol really? How so? Ok here's how I do I would rate this.

Kaspersky 7.0.0.125:

- Selective install

- Deletes only the infected file itself even if the virus is in an archive

- Scan speed decent but doesn't compare to 2.70.39 of NOD32

- Uses only around 9-20mbish of ram

- Uses one .exe

ESET SS 3.0.563:

- Installing forces you to install all components even though you can disable them in the advanced setup but iirc will re-enable after reboot or was it a crash? Either or.

- Scan time increased and is now slower than Kaspersky. Could be due to new scan methods but who knows. Point is it's increased.

- When it detects an infect file, it deletes the it as a whole. Say if the virus is in an .rar file, it'll get rid of the whole file not just the infected file itself.

- Bloated in the sense it uses 35-50+ mb of ram depending on the situation and what stuff you got going.

- Uses two .exe's

Both Firewalls perform as they should and are excetionally good for detecting incoming and outgoing port access or whatever an app tries to make contact with the internets.

Well this is my mini review but I'll leave the rest of you guys to decide yourself. :)

alright thanks nsane :)

tx nsane,"but that is the very meening or the word "official" Final....". So could you post the final one, please?

alright thanks nsane :)

tx nsane,"but that is the very meening or the word "official" Final....". So could you post the final one, please?

"according to our tests tho, i shouldn't have to fix anything and the Nov. 10th build should be released as final whenever the frontpage and proxy are back online"

Can it be any clearer?!

I have the problem with "File not Found" even if ive use the reg file with the Trial servers to put them in the update list of Eset Antivirus.

The only thing that works until now its the user and password from the beta version.

I checked with NodView and the Trial version servers seems not to exist anymore. :)

Hope something will come up!

Where to supply for participation in beta test of fix?

Become a VIP, you could donate some money. It's quite expensive to run all this.

- Scan time increased and is now slower than Kaspersky. Could be due to new scan methods but who knows. Point is it's increased.

- When it detects an infect file, it deletes the it as a whole. Say if the virus is in an .rar file, it'll get rid of the whole file not just the infected file itself.

its the way YOU set it up... play/fiddle with the settings :)

But then again, i like NOD and you like KIS, some like Coke and some like Pepsi...lol.

its the way YOU set it up... play/fiddle with the settings :rolleyes:

But then again, i like NOD and you like KIS, some like Coke and some like Pepsi...lol.

Ok fine. How did you set yours up then :D Enlighten. I usually have them both on defaults. Besides, the new nod auto quarantines for you even if your in interactive mode. Only brings a ask first for suspicious heuretics.

I have the problem with "File not Found" even if ive use the reg file with the Trial servers to put them in the update list of Eset Antivirus.

Yeah, they have done something with the trial servers. The reg file worked for a short time, but they have changed or blocked them.

The new NFiX.3.0 will not add to NOD32 schedule on x64 Vista.

Can't get the NOD32 to update anymore.

Thanks!

:rolleyes: the fix isn't out yet mate you must be using the beta...

Archived