London Bombings

Samurai

A terror group linked to al Qaeda says it carried out a series of terror attacks on London that have left a number of people dead and hundreds injured.

A previously unknown group calling itself "Secret Organisation al Qaeda in Europe" said it carried out the attacks as revenge for British "military massacres" in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Two London hospitals have reported a total of 185 wounded after a series of blasts hit locations across the city on buses and Tube stations.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said there was evidence of explosives at at least one of the six sites.

Scotland Yard has denied reports they were warned of an attack by Israel minutes before the blasts.

Two people have been confirmed dead and at least 90 people injured in the explosion at Aldgate Station.

Prime Minister Tony Blair, issued a joint statement from all the leaders at the G8 summit.

"This is not an attack on one nation - it's an attack on all nations and civilised people everywhere," he said.

"It's important however that those engaged in terrorism realise that our determination to defend our values and way of life is greater than their determination to cause death and destruction to innocent people."

Witness, Angie, saw the bus explode in Russell Square. She said: "There were a whole lot of people around the bus. Next thing I was on the floor and there were a lot of people on me.

"I thought I was going to be crushed. The bus was ripped out at the back. It must have been a bomb."

The entire Tube network has been shut down and police have confirmed blasts at four sites: Russell Square and King's Cross Underground; Moorgate, Aldgate, and Liverpool Street Underground; Edgware Road Underground; and Tavistock Square where there has been a confirmed explosion on a bus.

One witness said the packed underground train he was on was 200 metres from King's Cross when there was a huge flash.

The train stopped and people were using umbrellas to smash windows of the trains. Passengers were led out of the train by underground staff.

He added people were milling around King's Cross covered in soot.

Source(s): Sky News | Yahoo News

More To Follow...

• Replies 73
  • Views 49.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

London Blasts Timeline...

08.49 - Emergency services called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion on the Metropolitan Line between Liverpool Street and Aldgate. Reported as "some kind of power surge".

08.50 - Police called to Aldgate station, east London.

09.22 - King's Cross, Liverpool Street and Aldgate stations cleared.

09.31 - The incident caused major disruption to the entire network with stations across the capital being closed.

09.33 - London Underground said that there has been "another incident at Edgware Road" station in north west London.

09.53 - Mainline train company First Great Western said its services into London's Paddington station were terminating at Reading in Berkshire because of the Underground crisis.

10.00 - The National Grid, which supplies power to the Underground, said there had beenno problems with its system this morning which could have contributed to the incidents.

10.13 - Union officials said their sources had told them there had been at least one explosive device on the Underground. One explosion happened at Edgware Road and there were suggestions of two other explosions at King's Cross and Aldgate.

10.14 - Reports of a bus being ripped apart in an explosion in central London.

10.19 - Mainline services were being halted short of London. The Silverlink company, which normally operates into Euston station, was terminating trains at Watford Junction in Hertfordshire.

10.32 - Mainline London to Scotland train company GNER said it did not expect its East Coast Main Line services to run as far as London at any time today.

11.02 - Home Secretary Charles Clarke confirmed that there had been "terrible injuries" in the explosions across London.

11.24 - Mobile networks report delays for people trying to get through to friends and relatives, after a surge in the volume of calls.

11.30 - Met Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said: "We are not aware of any warning at the moment. We have concluded that this is a co-ordinated attack."

11.51 - St Mary's Hospital said it had received four critically injured patients, eight seriously hurt and 14 with minor injuries so far. It could confirm no deaths and had treated no children.

12.00 - Tony Blair says: "It is reasonably clear that there have been a series of terrorist attacks in London."

12.01 - A spokeswoman for University College Hospital in central London, near the scene of the Russell Square bus blast, said: "We have started to receive casualties but we cannot say how many."

12.05 - Reports that the Stansted Express rail service is suspended, although flights are operating normally at Stansted airport in Essex.

12.16 - Emergency services called to Leicester Square underground station, a spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said.

12.21 - More than 100 casualties and one of the dead were taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel. Three double-decker buses loaded with casualties had brought the injured to the hospital.

12.30 - 54 patients have been taken to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead, north London. Two of those were taken into theatre, said a hospital spokeswoman. Six are described as major injuries, two more are in high dependency and one is in X-ray. Two of the 54 were children but their condition is not thought to be serious.

12.36 - A British Transport Police spokeswoman said it had no knowledge of any reports of an explosion at Leicester Square.

12.45 - Superintendent Jon Morgan of the Metropolitan Police said there had been a number of fatalities as well as serious casualties at Edgware Road station. All the dead and injured have been moved from the scene, which is now being examined forensically.

12.51 - A spokeswoman for Guy's and St Thomas' hospital said eight casualties, some critically injured, were being cared for so far.

12.51 - Scotland Yard confirmed that seven explosions have been reported in four sites. The first site is around Russell Square and Kings Cross Underground stations. The second is the area including Moorgate, Aldgate, and Liverpool Street Underground station. The third is Edgware Road Underground and the fourth is Tavistock Square, where a bus was ripped apart by a blast.

13.01 - Al Qaeda terrorists claimed responsibility for the London blasts on an Islamic website and said: "Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters."

13.03 - Metropolitan Police deputy assistant commissioner Brian Paddick said initial reports were that 150 people had been seriously injured in the blasts. "It does appear from the information we have at the moment that these were caused by explosives but we are awaiting forensic confirmation of that."

busrippedapart1jb.jpg

networkclosed3ky.jpg

roofblownoff9ib.jpg

traffic9zg.jpg

Al Qaeda terrorists have been messing up big time this whole freaken month of july. they are not going to get a spainish de coup by the communist party. britian was a left wing government to begin with.

you dont kill egyptian diplomats nor the other crap they been doing.

well we have 3 more week in july. maybe they will get more stupid and attack other european governments. all that they will end up doing is waking up europe, how dumb can one get. they just destory the muslim movement in europe. just as they did in the usa. fastest growing religion in the usa was islam until 9-11.

i see the support for the death penalty coming back in europe.

oh i bet you the news media in britian wil not try to sneak onto buckahams palace now. they will shoot those repoters this time.

no, england can't attack the terrorist harboring countries...they have oil. IT AIN'T RIGHT DAMNIT! :lol: :lol:

any ways, like myidisbb said, this might be a good example for the rest of the EU. critisizing us americans for fighting back against those ass holes. finally shut the fucking BBC up too :lol:

My room mates sister had a close scare....who is in London..

Poor guy was very tensed yesterday....

:lol: :lol:

Intelligence failure... I guess...

no, england can't attack the terrorist harboring countries...they have oil. IT AIN'T RIGHT DAMNIT! :lol: :lol:

any ways, like myidisbb said, this might be a good example for the rest of the EU. critisizing us americans for fighting back against those ass holes. finally shut the fucking BBC up too :lol:

can you image the paris tower falling? buckhams palace, big ben blown up? pope city getting hit by a airplane/bomb and burning? it would make hilters piant/book burning look like nothing.

I was actually meant to be visiting my girlfriend who lives just outside North London today. Thing is I need to go through Kings Cross to get to hers. I'm just thankful I cancelled and arranged to visit on Sunday.

I was actually meant to be visiting my girlfriend who lives just outside North London today. Thing is I need to go through Kings Cross to get to hers. I'm just thankful I cancelled and arranged to visit on Sunday.

if you had and was a victim would the others in the Administrator know or find out? just asking. you guys, and gals if there are any, are everywhere in the world. how would you all know if one of you all die anyway?

I still haven't hear any news from my ex housemate :usama:

Hope they'll be all fine...

Guest tensegg

I think all police and security forces get special training in talking a lot without saying anything, it used to be called lying, now its called 'press release' :D

Is there a difference between terrorist and bomber? But yes, they call it an act of terrorism, what esle would you call it. Latest I've seen is 3 are dead, and one arrested, and all 4 were british born. That will probably change by morning :lol:

I think all police and security forces get special training in talking a lot without saying anything, it used to be called lying, now its called 'press release' :D

Is there a difference between terrorist and bomber?  But yes, they call it an act of terrorism, what esle would you call it.  Latest I've seen is 3 are dead, and one arrested, and all 4 were british born.  That will probably change by morning :lol:

news here is bus suicide bomber is dead and they dont know if the other 3 are dead for sure yet. news media here thinkgs the one arrested was part of the cell. but not one of the 3 known attackers. a inside memo for the bbc said they where reminded to not use the word "terrorist" and to use "bomber" instead and not to use "islamic extremest" either. the word "terrorist" would shut the door on talking to them and "understand them". the ira attackers where called bombers too and not a terrorist.

still have you even seen the 4 known attackers faces? that is something that should and would be on the front cover of ever magazine and newspaper here. a picture helps in leads. i dont see a picture anywhere so im taking that they havent released it there neither. i dont mean to poke fun or anything at the british officials in charge of the attacks but they are sounding like aruba. i google around and they are talking 2 weeks. this doesnt make any sense.

Put yourself in their position... they still haven't identified bodies that are still underground while grieving parents wait for news. There could be dozens more underground that can only be identified by dental records alone, so maybe, just maybe they're trying to be sensitive for the families involved.

Pictures will be released, when it is safe to do so. For all we know these guys could have ties to another cell elsewhere in the country and are trying to close in on them. The last thing they (officials) want to do is alert possible others and effectively ruin any chances of arresting these "people".

All purely speculative, but considering today's day and age it itsn't entirely unthinkable. I think we owe them that much.

I spoke to my father about this and he brought up another good point. One of the bombers' families was unaware of what he had planned, and as such, upon hearing the news about the bombings proceeded to London to await news of her "murdered" child.

Now, knowing this, and the release of their names, pictures etc... what do you think is going to happen to his family? They'd be dead within a day, guaranteed.

Again, another plausible explanation but worth taking note.

I know everyone is wanting answers but it's best not to start jumping to wrong conclusions about the way the authorities are handling the situation. From what I've seen so far, the Police, Ambulance Service, London Fire Briagde and the general public have all been great so far.

Not everything makes the papers, and while it may be good reading for some elsewhere, there's still a lot going on right now and people still missing.

Pictures will be released, when it is safe to do so. For all we know these guys could have ties to another cell elsewhere in the country and are trying to close in on them. The last thing they (officials) want to do is alert possible others and effectively ruin any chances of arresting these "people".

I spoke to my father about this and he brought up another good point. One of the bombers' families was unaware of what he had planned, and as such, upon hearing the news about the bombings proceeded to London to await news of her "murdered" child.

Now, knowing this, and the release of their names, pictures etc... what do you think is going to happen to his family? They'd be dead within a day, guaranteed.

a murder should still have their faces shown. they already said on tv that they had pictures of the 4 together in kings cross before they went on their attacks. so that shouldnt effect others cells actives. besides showing their faces would let the public call in more leads.

as for the murder's families. yes they are victims too if they didnt know what was going on. but when you do a crime you are giving up your family's privacy. i couldnt think of the "btk" killer not having his face shown over here. sadly we cant put that one in the usa to death. if one of the other 3 are alive or someone else involved with the act/planing and helping of the bombings, what is the min and max that they could get over there in britian?

a murder should still have their faces shown.  they already said on tv that they had pictures of the 4 together in kings cross before they went on their attacks.  so that shouldnt effect others cells actives.  besides showing their faces would let the public call in more leads.

as for the murder's families.  yes they are victims too if they didnt know what was going on.  but when you do a crime you are giving up your family's privacy.  i couldnt think of the "btk" killer not having his face shown over here.  sadly we cant put that one in the usa to death.  if one of the other 3 are alive or someone else involved with the act/planing and helping of the bombings, what is the min and max that they could get over there in britian?

Like I said there could be mitigating circumstances which only the Police and investigators are likely to know. How do you know that by showing their faces you will be doing more harm than good?

As for "but when you do a crime you are giving up your family's privacy" that is complete rubbish. Why do families have to suffer because of what their child has done? Parents will already be distraught to learn their "golden child" with good grades, excellent job and wonderful partner could commit such atrocities in the first place. It sounds like you want them to get some sort of "flogging" because of this?

Let's say you go out tonight and decide to go clubbing with some friends. You notice this guy who has been giving you crap for weeks, on the other side of the room. Picking up a glass you walk across the room and break it in front of him before slashing his throat. Within seconds he's dead and you are now a murderer.

Now... would you be happy with the Police giving out your name to every person in your country, knowing that somewhere along the line, someone from this dead guys family is watching and decides to get some payback. Knowing you're in jail he calmly visits your parents house and decides to massacre them.

There is no difference.

Don't get me wrong, if these guys weren't already dead I'd be pushing for the death penalty (if only it still existed over here). However, there are circumstances where it is not always prudent to give out such information for other reasons.

As for sentancing it will of course depend on the judge etc... but for any that are still alive I'd bet on life sentances (if not multiple) for these cowards. A life sentance for every life he took without the possibility of parole should do the trick.

• Administrator
no, england can't attack the terrorist harboring countries...they have oil. IT AIN'T RIGHT DAMNIT! :lol: :D

any ways, like myidisbb said, this might be a good example for the rest of the EU. critisizing us americans for fighting back against those ass holes. finally shut the fucking BBC up too :D

Sorry to dampen your thoughts... but still most british people are against attacking WHOLE nations. It's know these guys are from ENGLAND - i'm certain there are are many others like them - people in there own nation are terrorists, the same can be said for the US and others.

Why dont other nations attack the UK now? Seems there is terrorists here too.....

War doesnt solve a single problem. For every "terrorist" killed, i'm certain more will take their place. Especially true in Iraq at the moment. Theirs other ways to stop the terrorists - not outright war.

A little note: I've only glanced over most of the rest of the thread.

Despite what i've said, politics is something which shouldnt really be discussed on a forum of this kind, anymore "political" style posts may result in the closure of this thread (i know... a bit hypocritical).

SliverSamuel
Despite what i've said, politics is something which shouldnt really be discussed on a forum of this kind, anymore "political" style posts may result in the closure of this thread (i know... a bit hypocritical)

I agree too... :lol:

Sorry to dampen your thoughts... but still most british people are against attacking WHOLE nations. It's know these guys are from ENGLAND - i'm certain there are are many others like them - people in there own nation are terrorists, the same can be said for the US and others.

Why dont other nations attack the UK now? Seems there is terrorists here too.....

War doesnt solve a single problem. For every "terrorist" killed, i'm certain more will take their place. Especially true in Iraq at the moment. Theirs other ways to stop the terrorists - not outright war.

A little note: I've only glanced over most of the rest of the thread.

Despite what i've said, politics is something which shouldnt really be discussed on a forum of this kind, anymore "political" style posts may result in the closure of this thread (i know... a bit hypocritical).

ok, pretend it never happened like we did with the first WTC attack in '91. it'll happen again, even worse than last time, and it's ganna take 3,000 dead britains in a plane crash or something to prove that the people aren't playing. they don't wanna talk it out with us, they don't care what we think, they just wanna kill everyone in the free world, and return to the stone age. i mean, face it, these people are out there. ignoring it and making up excuses why we should feel sorry for them isn't ganna help...we already tried that. it's like asking a bank robber for a hug when he's about to blow your brains all over a counter top :D

also, those TERRORISTS had links to al-qeada, they weren't just british supporters of the group. i'm talking about an actual physical meeting of an al-qaeda leader to plan attacks on the UK train system :lol:

btw, according the the international treaties passed after 9/11. terrorists aren't apart of any country, they're apart of their terrorist orginization. so being british doesn't matter for shit once they attacked those civilians, they might aswell call themselves Usama...

i was trying to stay out of this convo btw, but thanx any how...

TUBE EXPLOSION REPORTED

furtherincidents7aa.jpg

There have been unconfirmed reports of an explosion on the London Underground, and an incident on a bus in Hackney, East London.

Stations at Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd's Bush have been closed.

The Ambulance service reports one injury at Warren Street station.

Services on the Victoria, Northern and Hammersmith & City Lines have been suspended.

Emergency servies started receiving calls just after 12.30.

At Warren Street there were reports of a nail bomb explosion. Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said police believe this may have been the sound of detonators going off.

Victoria Line train passenger Ivan McCracken told Sky News he spoke to an Italian man who witnessed an explosion just after the train arrived at the platform.

"He told me he had seen a man carrying a rucksack which suddenly exploded. It was a minor explosion but enough to blow open his rucksack. Everyone rushed from the carriage. People evacuated very quickly. There was no panic.

"I didn't see anyone injured but there was shock and fright.

"There was a smell of smoke."

"The man who was holding the rucksack looked extremely dismayed.

Police have cordoned off the streets around Warren Street station. They said a suspect package had been reported on a Victoria Line train.

Sky reporter Mark White said authorities are "pushing everybody as far back from the station as they can".

"Police activity suggests that they are looking for somebody on the outside here."

Another eyewitness, Sosiane Mohellavi, said "Everyone panicked and people were screaming. We had to pull the alarm. I am still shaking."

Scotland Yard said emergency services have responded to an "incident" on a Number 26 bus in Hackney Road, on a junction near Colombia Road, east London.

The bus windows are apparently blown out.

Sky News Foreign Affairs editor Tim Marshall said: "There is a bus parked there which is empty and there is nobody anywhere near it. This does indicate that police think the bus is still dangerous."

Sky News Online's Rob Cole is at Shepherd's Bush. He said: " The whole of Shepherd's Bush Green is sealed off. About 400 metres on both sides of the Tube station is affected."

It is two weeks to the day since bombers attacked three Tube trains and a bus in central London.

This thread has been cleaned up by myself. Please keep anything you have to say relevant, and no off-topic posting on CIA activities or whatever. If you want to discuss anything such as conspiricy theories etc... create a new thread in an appropriate forum.

Thank you :angry:

the warren station explosion has been confirmed, they also had a reliable report that the bus bomb was true. it, supposedly, exploded on the second floor of a double decker :ninja:

only 1 injury reported so far, it's still unconfirmed as of yet, hope no one else is hurt tho :angry:

LONDON (Reuters) - Emergency services rushed to three London underground stations in London on Thursday after reports of explosions two weeks after bomb attacks killed more than 50 people in the British capital.

London fire brigade said smoke was seen coming from one train and there were also reports of a minor explosion on a bus in the Hackney area of east London. Its windows were blown out.

Transport authorities said no one was reported injured in the incidents. London police said they were not treating the emergencies as "a major incident yet."

Sky TV, quoting a police source, said the explosions were detonators rather than bombs themselves.

One witness told Sky TV a passenger on a train near Warren Street underground station had told him there had been a small explosion in a passenger's rucksack.

"The rucksack was blown open by the force of a minor explosion," he said.

London's entire underground network was reported to be closed down and streets were cordoned off near the incidents.

But a source at the underground transport company said one nail bomb exploded at Warren Street underground station. There were also unconfirmed reports of a shooting.

One witness said he was told by a fellow passenger that a small explosion blew apart a rucksack on one underground train.

Bomb attacks on three underground trains and a bus in London killed 56 people, including the four bombers, on July 7.

A spokesman at Scotland Yard police headquarters told Reuters: "We can confirm emergency services are responding to reports of incidents at three locations on the underground -- Oval, Warren Street and Shepherd's Bush."

The Fire Brigade said Warren Street underground station was evacuated after reports smoke was seen coming out of a train.

A television reporter at Oval underground station said police had cordoned off the area and brought in sniffer dogs.

Source: Reuters

the gunshots were the detonators going off without the bomb, some reported it sounded like champagne corks popping, it's been confirmed by the london police :angry:

Latest information:

• Apparently armed police have entered a hospital local to the tube station, although why, we don't know yet.
  • All high officials (Police Commisioner, PM etc...) are entering "Cobra". Underground bunker under Whitehall where they can be close to the situation and can see everything on CCTV and operate from there.
  • Commuters are being advised to stay where they are, and to avoid high congested areas.
  • No reports of injuries, apart from one person, but no info on this yet.
  • Everyone is being advised NOT to use their mobile phones, as any devices that haven't gone off could be sensitive to radio frequencies.

Archived