Resetting Bios on Fujitsu Lifebook

elohelomg

So, a customer brought in their computer, and, they "somehow" set a bios password on it. Now, usually when this happens, i open up the computer and look for the cmos battery. But, this particular one does not have one.

Its a figitsu lifebook a series, pretty old, one at that.

Now, i know you have to "jump the cables", but, i dont know which one, or what they look like. So, do you guys have any idea?

Oh, and the computer wont boot unless you put the password

• Replies 8
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I haven't tried it myself and dunno how it will work. But have you tried Hiren's BootCD's BIOS / CMOS Tools thingy?

They started a work around with laptops and resetting the CMOS with battery a long time ago.. so doing the jumpers is the only option or if its outdated enough you may still be able t run a few tools.. found these while doing the first search online..

I wonder if anyone of you is still facing the problem of forgotten BIOS password.

I lost my BIOS password in unknown circumstances. The price given by fujitsu ervice was unacceptable, so I decided to remove password by myself.

I did it 10 minutes ago.

Here are the data of the tool I used

1) program site: http://www.cgsecurity.org/index.html?cmospwd.html

2) directo download link: http://www.cgsecurity.org/cmospwd-4.5.zip

Unfortunately I was not able to run the program directly from windows explorer so I had to open "command line" first

I run it on windows XP, so prior to run cmospwd_win itself I had to install procedures to open the access between xp and cmos (included in above .zip file)

I didn't suceed to reveal the password with the command "cmospwd_win", so I used

"cmospwd_win /k" - option 2 ("try to save date/time"). and reset the whole CMOS.

After restarting computer all the passwords were gone, the startscreen didn't appear in its usual way but after few seconds I saw the BIOS interface screen!!!

I used "factory settings" or ("default settings?") like that to re-set the basic settings, saved the changes to CMOS Wink and restarted computer.

Everything works fine!

BTW, I use Fujitsu Lifebook E Series (E7110) with PhoenixBIOS (version unknown).

Get your Fujitsu-Siemens bios master password here. They also do this for Dell, HP/Compaq and Sony

Just go to http://www.mastermindit.biz/fujitsusiemensbios.html

The Master Password will delete all Bios passwords giving you access to your locked computer again.

All three on the same thread...

Average pic of the average Jumper method..

clearing-the-cmos.jpg

Old laptops usually have a battery soldered to the board at a hard to reach location. :angry: Manufacturers hate giving customers the ability to fix things themselves because it takes away their money in tech support. It might be very difficult to reach the battery itself so explore the options posted above first.

Since you mentioned it is pretty old then there is usually a jumper located on the board and you can access it by removing the memory compartment cover. Now the jumper itself will be a flat pair of copper contacts on the board so you may not find physical pins sticking upwards as with desktops. You may have to remove any expansion cards and look under them. Use a flashlight to help you find it faster.

Old laptops usually have a battery soldered to the board at a hard to reach location. :angry: Manufacturers hate giving customers the ability to fix things themselves because it takes away their money in tech support. It might be very difficult to reach the battery itself so explore the options posted above first.

Since you mentioned it is pretty old then there is usually a jumper located on the board and you can access it by removing the memory compartment cover. Now the jumper itself will be a flat pair of copper contacts on the board so you may not find physical pins sticking upwards as with desktops. You may have to remove any expansion cards and look under them. Use a flashlight to help you find it faster.

After taking the computer apart all the way, i finally found that stupid cmos battery. Now something weird has happened. I took out the cmos batter, and figured heck, that should be it right?

So, i turn on the computer, and it says the cmos was reset. Restore defaults or enter setup. I restored defaults. Right after, once again, that mystic enter system password pops up. Its not on the hard drive either, i tried swapping it out and putting in a new drive, and that wont do either.

Ideas?

Did you remove ALLL power sources and try the other rest methods..? and are yo sure that this is not a DriveLock that has been put into place? Did you properly clear these passwords to make sure in the BIOS?.. Have you tried to get in with a BootCD ( after the reset ) and do a system scan for infection - there seems to be one that actually causes this.. )...

Did you remove ALLL power sources and try the other rest methods..? and are yo sure that this is not a DriveLock that has been put into place? Did you properly clear these passwords to make sure in the BIOS?.. Have you tried to get in with a BootCD ( after the reset ) and do a system scan for infection - there seems to be one that actually causes this.. )...

The computer wont boot without the password. Yes, i've checked it through the bios. Yes, the power supply/cord was disconnected. The computer will not boot.

If it was a drive lock password, the alternate hard drive i put into place wouldn't require a password either.

Did you remove the laptop battery? ( J.I.C. ).. and though I realized it will not boot.. the reason I said have you tried the BootCD.. is because you were able to make it boot once... if you can do it again .. you may be able to go that route.. and when a drive lock is in place .. not always will it change with just simply replacing the HD.. if its setup to be in place and not removed or properly reset it will again be active after a boot or two... so its has to be cleared or inactive... reason why I mentioned..

I think the best way would be to look for the ultimately tiny little places ( little contact points... ) to manually reset the CMOS... after the reset I would still take the battery out..but each thing in its time... and done thoroughly... THEN IF.. you can get it to boot go directly into BIOS and change the PASSWORD to nothing...for any and all entries of DriveLock BIOS protection... all of them some have like two-four different areas for it.. and see what happens... IF not you may have to flash the BIOS after a similar reset... or boot form the CD and use some of the tools to go about it..

If its infection which is causing this.. I will have to do some more research to see where exactly it originates from/resides in to be more direct in the repair..

Did you remove the laptop battery? ( J.I.C. ).. and though I realized it will not boot.. the reason I said have you tried the BootCD.. is because you were able to make it boot once... if you can do it again .. you may be able to go that route.. and when a drive lock is in place .. not always will it change with just simply replacing the HD.. if its setup to be in place and not removed or properly reset it will again be active after a boot or two... so its has to be cleared or inactive... reason why I mentioned..

I think the best way would be to look for the ultimately tiny little places ( little contact points... ) to manually reset the CMOS... after the reset I would still take the battery out..but each thing in its time... and done thoroughly... THEN IF.. you can get it to boot go directly into BIOS and change the PASSWORD to nothing...for any and all entries of DriveLock BIOS protection... all of them some have like two-four different areas for it.. and see what happens... IF not you may have to flash the BIOS after a similar reset... or boot form the CD and use some of the tools to go about it..

If its infection which is causing this.. I will have to do some more research to see where exactly it originates from/resides in to be more direct in the repair..

problem is, anything that requires tools needs the computer to boot. I've tried everything im capable of, all the batteries, power cord, everything were pulled out. It still wont do anything. If i can't boot, how can i flash the bios? I cant boot off a cd, before the computer even gets to a boot screen, it wont open up.

Archived