vevo content

implague

guys need some help

frm the last few days i saw videos (actually not able to see :P) which is blocked in my it says this video contains vevo ur country has blocked vevo content so my questions is what is vevo is it name or something else and what type vevo content is and why this is blecked in my country( well in most countries :tease: ) and the last how can i see em? :whistle: :coolwink:

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VEVO is the leading premium music video and entertainment service with 1.7 billion worldwide streams and over 60 million unique visitors in the U.S. and Canada each month. VEVO's programming is made available across the VEVO platform, which includes VEVO.com (the service’s marquee destination site), VEVO Mobile (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Android), VEVO connected devices (Google TV, Boxee) and a VEVO-branded embedded player. VEVO also syndicates its programming to additional internet destination sites, including AOL, BET, CBS Interactive Music Group (including Last.fm), Univision and, through a special partnership, VEVO on YouTube, expanding the platform’s reach across the worldwide web.

Ranked by comScore as the #1 Music platform on the web, VEVO was named by Billboard as one of the top startups of 2010 and received the prestigious Advertising Age Media Vanguard Award for Online Video Platform Launch of the Year. Turning online music programming on its heels just one year into launch, VEVO’s “meteoric rise” (Mediapost) has been applauded by the Associated Press as a “striking example of the music video's dramatic comeback” while its mobile launch was called “stellar” by Mashable.

VEVO was created in partnership by Universal Music Group (UMG), Sony Music Entertainment (SME) and the Abu Dhabi Media Company. It is operated independently by a dedicated management team with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit and San Francisco. VEVO features the most extensive catalog of premium music content found anywhere on the web thanks to deals with such leading music companies as Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, EMI Music, ABKCO, Beggars Group, Big Machine Records, CBS Interactive Music Group, Concord Music Group, Hollywood Records, Lyric Street Records, Razor & Tie Entertainment, Ultra Records, Walt Disney Records, Wind-up Records, Caroline Distribution, Entertainment One Distribution, Fontana Distribution, INgrooves, IODA, RED, SAAVN and The Orchard, among many others. Explore VEVO at www.vevo.com.

This is a quote from the 'About' section on their site...

Okay so basically it is a music platform that hosts video in association with some of the major corporations.. Now in that effort.. the same way that some content streaming is blocked in some countries.. yours might be as well.. because of the laws there.. It could also be blocked by sending the referrer from the site in which it was posted.. or even if your using proxy which identifies itself with a country or site which is blocked..

As per normal, if a song is owned and tagged by SONY, UMG, or other entity you must buy licensing for what your doing and to stream the content to be able to post video on your site..and pay maintenance costs of said license to possibly 3 other entities as well..

Archived