What is your ISP speed

Atasas

http://www.speedtest.net/

Posted Image

Beat That! :frusty:

http://www.technohugs.com/2010/08/04/top-10-countries-with-fastest-internet-speed/

about top internet speed users came in public. Its surprising to know that Two Asian countries are on the top of the table, Who have the highest downloading speed. South Korea and Japan are on 1st and 2nd position respectively.

Top 10 Countries

Following are the top ten countries of the world with respect to their Broadband Internet speeds:

South Korea 17187 kbps

Japan 16,365 kbps

Lithuania 11,295 kbps

Sweden 11,280 kbps

Romania 10,236 kbps

Latvian 9,782 kbps

Bulgaria 9,074 kbps

Netherlands 8,734 kbps

Germany 7,447 kbps

Russian Federation 7,260 kbps

• Replies 178
  • Views 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Beaten. :D

Posted Image Posted Image

But unlike shought. I hate the speeds. It's been almost two years that they haven't increased their speeds. And yeah, when I started using Unlimited Plan, it was just 25KB/s download speed.

even tho we have alot of sanctions (technology wise ) but pretty impressive

Posted Image

the question is how much do you pay for your connection ?! (120 usd mine :frusty:)

Posted Image

Officially it is (20/5). I'm most pleased with the upload speed.

Edit:

Price: 518 NOK ($90) a month (I do pay less since our apartment block have a collective deal for all residents for a basic plan included in the monthly maintenance fee)

PS

The Big Mac index could be used to adjust the real cost also. Norway 63% over US would mean the $90 equals $55 adjusted

even tho we have alot of sanctions (technology wise ) but pretty impressive

the question is how much do you pay for your connection ?! (120 usd mine :frusty:)

well I got what I pay for (cheap) as it is £15 PCM~ $25 with data transfer limit of 15GB PCM, any above £1 p Mb= one decent page to open its~ 07-2.5 Mb

• Administrator

I would be paying about Rs. 999 ($21.89) (£13.58) + taxes for that 1Mb/s dl and 256kb/s ul.

I would be paying about Rs. 999 ($21.89) (£13.58) + taxes for that 1Mb/s dl and 256kb/s ul.

mine is wireless though! used to be better, but lately... :mellow:

ROMANTICGUY50

I have 50mbs down 10mbs up. the download speed can go higher. and a bandwidth cap of 250 gigs a month. I stream Netdlix so I like the faster speed. With my package its only 30.00 more but they do have 100.00mbs down but who in their right mind would pay for that. I have comcast

http://results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/62148122.png

Posted Image

And happy with it! :) (Though a faster speed would be always better, :P)

EDIT: Did that on a WiFi (Have a WiFi router in the appartment)

^ Sick :P

That's downloading a HD movie of 8GB in about 10-12 minutes!

Yes sir ;)

a bit of sympathy? :angry:

Yes sir ;)

a bit of sympathy? :angry:

Hehe yeah i actually feel a bit sorry for you :D

Hehe yeah i actually feel a bit Badly/awfully /ever so much sorry for you :D

fixed that for ya! :evil:

On a serious note- it has been similar difference for a while now, why the heck INTERNET speed(life) is so unfair :frusty:

• Administrator

On a serious note- it has been similar difference for a while now, why the heck INTERNET speed(life) is so unfair :frusty:

I feel you man. I have similar views. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Oh, guys, someone is hatin' on ya'll !!! My connection (not even sure how it is rated by the ISP) is costing me 12 USD/month. I'm now behind a very crappy router with firewall enabled. The figures up there depend on the server I download from, but if I get peers with optical lines speeds are awesome, and if they're from RO, even better, and if they're from my ISP, then my HDD cannot cope at times with the write demands! That would be without the router.

But I'm behind this router for years now. Why? Because I used to have tens of attacks reported by Kaspersky's firewall before I bought the router. Since I bought it, I never got another attack. Not even one.

Speeds behind the router reach 4.5 MB/sec download and 1 MB/sec upload. The upload can be higher (up to 3.5-ish) with good peers.

The ISP is pretty stable, little downtime. It improved very, very much in the last few years.

I too will not post my speed ... I don't wanna cry in here :( ....

Posted Image

my upload is such crap :frusty:

i pay around 150 usd (packaged deal internet/phone/cable)

Posted Image

Oh, guys, someone is hatin' on ya'll !!! My connection (not even sure how it is rated by the ISP) is costing me 12 USD/month. I'm now behind a very crappy router with firewall enabled. The figures up there depend on the server I download from, but if I get peers with optical lines speeds are awesome, and if they're from RO, even better, and if they're from my ISP, then my HDD cannot cope at times with the write demands! That would be without the router.

But I'm behind this router for years now. Why? Because I used to have tens of attacks reported by Kaspersky's firewall before I bought the router. Since I bought it, I never got another attack. Not even one.

Speeds behind the router reach 4.5 MB/sec download and 1 MB/sec upload. The upload can be higher (up to 3.5-ish) with good peers.

The ISP is pretty stable, little downtime. It improved very, very much in the last few years.

Holy c**p, I envy you, that you have such a fast internet connection and with such a low price/bandwich ratio, man Romanian ISPs rule then! :blink: (Though I've got to say, that in here, Estonia, there are very fast home internets too (like 100 Mbit/s down, 20-30 up), but not with that cheap montly payment. You're definately lucky, dude, :D (here it costs 3-4 times more)

EDIT: Wait, hold your horses, is that just for the internet or it includes (Digital) TV and telephone too? (If no, then yes, the prices are pretty much the same)

Archived