ESET Fixes

shought

I'm slightly confused jofre, tnod 1.41 final created a folder C:\Program Files\TNod User & Password Finder. Why did you say "Nothing will be installed ; just one .exe file, shortcut on desktop."

It unrared with an installer file.

By the way, it works flawlessly!

------------------------

You are right :- At the moment I posted, I thought it was equal to previous beta version. Anyway... it has an installer...

• Replies 1k
  • Views 148.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm slightly confused jofre, tnod 1.41 final created a folder C:\Program Files\TNod User & Password Finder. Why did you say "Nothing will be installed ; just one .exe file, shortcut on desktop."

It unrared with an installer file.

By the way, it works flawlessly!

------------------------

You are right :- At the moment I posted, I thought it was equal to previous beta version. Anyway... it has an installer..

I went ahead and copied the exe file to another location and uninstalled the program, changed the location in scheduler to the stand alone exe file and it seems to be working okay by itself.

I went ahead and copied the exe file to another location and uninstalled the program, changed the location in scheduler to the stand alone exe file and it seems to be working okay by itself.

@ugatme :

I`ll try that later.No time now

-----------------------------------------------------

The TNOD User and Password Finder 1,4,1 Final, with just the .exe file :

OK , I am crazy... I get to go out, with a lot of things to do...

Tried the way you said, and in fact it works...Do not forget to configure for to "Run at Windows StartUp"...

I was succesfully able to install ESS now, But whenevr I tried checking for updates, I can't check for updates now. :(

I was succesfully able to install ESS now, But whenevr I tried checking for updates, I can't check for updates now. :(. It always says that Update is not necessary because the virus signatures are up to date. :(

I was succesfully able to install ESS now, But whenevr I tried checking for updates, I can't check for updates now. :(

I was succesfully able to install ESS now, But whenevr I tried checking for updates, I can't check for updates now. :(. It always says that Update is not necessary because the virus signatures are up to date. :(

Hi, BoXX28 :

I suppose you are talking about ESET PureFix 2.0.2.

If after all those attempts, you can not make it work right, I suggest you try TNOD 1.4.1 above posted that is Great.

Cheers !

Thanks jofre... :D

Any info how to use the TNOD 1.4.1 ?!

Check out jofre's post #992. It comes as an installer package but you can do what I did in post #1005.

I had Nod32 v4.x installed on a different pc (windows xp sp3 x86)

here's what i did:

• disabled purefix then uninstalled nod32.
  • rebooted, installed smart security v5
  • activated trial license
  • tried to update but stuck at update (6364 20110809)
  • tried multiple times to manually update, no success.
  • used tnod32 v1.4.1, acquired a license valid until 12/21/2011
  • tried update again but still stuck at that same 6364
  • restarted in safe mode, installed purefix v2.02
  • booted normally, tried update but still stuck at 6364.
now what?

edit: (changing update servers is not allowed as that's grayed out)

it happened to me also and am not using the PUREFIX i use TNOD... dont know what happened... i reinstalled ess and now it updated to the latest virus definition

I had Nod32 v4.x installed on a different pc (windows xp sp3 x86)

here's what i did:

• disabled purefix then uninstalled nod32.
  • rebooted, installed smart security v5
  • activated trial license
  • tried to update but stuck at update (6364 20110809)
  • tried multiple times to manually update, no success.
  • used tnod32 v1.4.1, acquired a license valid until 12/21/2011
  • tried update again but still stuck at that same 6364
  • restarted in safe mode, installed purefix v2.02
  • booted normally, tried update but still stuck at 6364.
now what?

edit: (changing update servers is not allowed as that's grayed out)

Hit update many times in sequence it will finally update - busy servers...Trial have no priority for updates, and with fix its trial

I have Protocol filtering issue after importing my settings!

Before that it works as described: install, trial key, update, safe mod, PureFix, update. I am not clear why importing brake it?

I NEED my firewall settings, there are too many to write by hand again, please help! Or someone knows how to export firewall only?

Thanks.

To reply to my self since no one did:

I had pre-release update enabled, after that a 42MB update followed by noting working correctly, so DO NOT enable that!

• Administrator

Staff Note: Thread closed. Please continue posting here, on a newer thread. :)

Archived