ESET Fixes

shought

Hi Guys,

I experience some installation problems in ESS v. 4.2.67, at the end of the setup during installation. It says that the setup has ended prematurely due to some error. I have un installed my previous version of ESS to upgrade. But unfortunately this problem pops up :( tried all the options (deleting the registry etc..) but still this problem occurs :(

Hope somebody can help me :(

Thank you in advance :)

Steps to fix this issue..

1. Uninstall any fix you may have installed.. ( some simply need to be re-run. )

2. Try uninstalling using the Uninstall link that is in the ESET Folder in your Start Menu. The one in the Control Panel will always fail and if you run it once then it will fail regardless.

3. Go to eset.com and find the
    Uninstaller
    for your version of Windows. This is a simple tool created to remove all installation of ESET. Sometimes it is necessary.

4. Boot into Safe Mode where you will now run the tool.. Safe Mode ONLY...as Administrator.. follow instructions on eset.com..Then Boot normally..

5. Delete all folders and files relative to ESET in each account's Application Data section(s) and Program Files.

6. Disk Cleanup to clear out temp files.. or you can use something like WinASO to clean files..

7. Clean your registry ( again even if you did it before ).

8. Install most recent version of ESET Product you desire.

9. Any mods/fixes whatever your going to do. Import your settings file if needed.

10. Run an update. Downloads all current updates and creates the files on your system..

11. Defrag Your HD. Makes sure your new files are where they should be to have quickest access..

12. Clean the registry again.. for some odd reason this seems to speed ESET's Startup when loggin on..

13. Defrag your registry.. Just compacts your registry to have a quicker response time on boot.

14. All should work efficiently and properly..

Those are the basic steps I must perform each and every time I upgrade. I used to even Boot up with a disc to remove the ekrn.exe in some case before I had the Uninstaller...way back.. but this seemed to work and have the new installation fresh as it could be.. and running like it did before if not better with the new version.

• Replies 1k
  • Views 149.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys,

I experience some installation problems in ESS v. 4.2.67, at the end of the setup during installation. It says that the setup has ended prematurely due to some error. I have un installed my previous version of ESS to upgrade. But unfortunately this problem pops up :( tried all the options (deleting the registry etc..) but still this problem occurs :(

Hope somebody can help me :(

Thank you in advance :)

Steps to fix this issue..

1. Uninstall any fix you may have installed.. ( some simply need to be re-run. )

2. Try uninstalling using the Uninstall link that is in the ESET Folder in your Start Menu. The one in the Control Panel will always fail and if you run it once then it will fail regardless.

3. Go to eset.com and find the Uninstaller for your version of Windows. This is a simple tool created to remove all installation of ESET. Sometimes it is necessary.

4. Boot into Safe Mode where you will now run the tool.. Safe Mode ONLY...as Administrator.. follow instructions on eset.com..

5. Delete all folders and files relative to ESET in each account's Application Data section(s) and Program Files.

6. Run 'Windows Installer Cleanup' just as a precautionary measure to remove previous installers for ESET.

7. Disk Cleanup to clear out temp files.. or you can use something like WinASO to clean files..

8. Clean your registry ( again even if you did it before ).

9. Install most recent version of ESET Product you desire.

10. Any mods/fixes whatever your going to do. Import your settings file if needed.

11. Run an update. Downloads all current updates and creates the files on your system..

12. Defrag Your HD. Makes sure your new files are where they should be to have quickest access..

13. Clean the registry again.. for some odd reason this seems to speed ESET's Startup when loggin on..

14. Defrag your registry.. Just compacts your registry to have a quicker response time on boot.

15. All should work efficiently and properly..

Those are the basic steps I must perform each and every time I upgrade. I used to even Boot up with a disc to remove the ekrn.exe in some case before I had the Uninstaller...way back.. but this seemed to work and have the new installation fresh as it could be.. and running like it did before if not better with the new version.

Where are find 'Windows Installer Cleanup' :D

Actually skip that.. I just read where support for the Tool ended in June.. because it was found that it can damage other installations.. ( somehow I think its user error.. ) and for the most part I have never really had to use it... Why I stated it as a precautionary measure.. ( except with Adobe and a few others, I did use it once but I think that was because the link that I was given was to the old version so I kept installing the same version like twice )... so I am now editing the first post..

EDIT: You can find this tool in several places.. but Microsoft itself has removed it from the Download Center... so especially on Windows 7 and newer systems I would not use it.. Not to mention there have been improvements in these areas...

does not work for me, purplebeanZ ESET Updater, windows 7 x64 :frusty:

MY fault. Run fix as administrator and works perfect. Thnaks PurplebeanZ for great fix :dance2:

• Administrator

@PurplebeanZ: Nice to hear that. :)

I would recommend you to try AutoIt. mara- also uses it. All the nsaneforums TR makers use it. It's very easy and does the job very well. Even I've learned the basics of it. :D

Not that .NET is bad, almost most of the computers can run it, just that trying new things can unlock new talents. ^_^

AutoIT! is not a bad program... easy for most to get a place to start.. problem that I see is that MANY programs created in AutoIT! wind up being tagged and becomes a false positive.. I think .NET Framework is going to be on most systems by default.. I mean your getting down to some really stripped OSes.. that would not have it..

• Administrator

I'm not talking about the fix(es). Just new opportunities to learn. ;)

i'm not keen on AutoIt. If .net becomes a big problem then I can either use xenocode to make an exe with .net files bundled or just write fixes in C++ and create native exe's, although I am not as familier with this as I am with C#

i'm not keen on AutoIt. If .net becomes a big problem then I can either use xenocode to make an exe with .net files bundled or just write fixes in C++ and create native exe's, although I am not as familier with this as I am with C#

Certainly, don't use Autoit. Let the others learn from you instead :dance2: Autoit is detected as false positive by every antivirus on Earth!

• Administrator

DKT not farts.

He definitely farts and . . . . . . . . . . . . . quite noisily, too. :ph34r:

So does Peter Griffin. :P

Certainly, don't use Autoit. Let the others learn from you instead :dance2: Autoit is detected as false positive by every antivirus on Earth!

Well, go and blame antivirus companies. Why do you think they do it? Because it easier to classify whole language as a virus then to identify the real threat.

Cheers ;)

PurplebeanZ, very nice to hear that possitive vibe from you, one question though, is it so that the virus def. updates take longer if you are a trial user, I bought a license a while back and updates were quicker I think....

Grtzz.. :)

The first update always takes a long time, but after that i'm not sure if there is any difference. Maybe someone has compared both and can give a more accurate answer?

Under normal circumstances, there's no difference in the time it takes to receive signature definitions.

It's only when the ESET servers face a downtime that the Registered (Licensed) Users receive updates on a priority basis. 8)

DKT not farts.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

loooong noisy ones!

w00t ? ... :party: ???- Hey, who was the guy that pierced holes on those :balloon: + :balloon: :balloon: ?? Humm ?

Have you already thought the name to give to the new ESET.Fix ? -- Let me see...

How about---» ESET Pure.fix ?

other suggestions, please ...

How about ---> ESET EatbeanZ .Fix .... ;) :hehe:

------------------------------------------------

I don`t thik that would be a good name...... Brrrrrr.... all the time ( ? ).

DKT not farts.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

loooong noisy ones!

Like this? :unsure:

:P

The one that killed me was the one where it was about being a bully or something.. and he starts chasing Meg around the kitchen table backwards farting.. they go faster and faster until she falls down and pukes...

BTW.. Not all AutoIt! files get detected.. it is certain ones that have certain code structure if your AV is good... sometimes it cannot be avoided.. other times it is simply just bad FP % on the AV.. because of lack of thorough definitions and protection..

Personally I think its good to have a variety and new skill set welcomed here...

• Administrator

The one that killed me was the one where it was about being a bully or something.. and he starts chasing Meg around the kitchen table backwards farting.. they go faster and faster until she falls down and pukes...

BTW.. Not all AutoIt! files get detected.. it is certain ones that have certain code structure if your AV is good... sometimes it cannot be avoided.. other times it is simply just bad FP % on the AV.. because of lack of thorough definitions and protection..

Personally I think its good to have a variety and new skill set welcomed here...

Yea that's the best. Though I didn't find it fast enough.

About AutoIt, I'll tell you why it has so many programs being false positive. If you make a program in AutoIt, it will have 0 (Zero, None, Nil) in the virustotal. But if you encrypt (or what ever it's called) the program to avoid anyone stealing your work, it will get caught my AVs, probably because they wont be able to scan through the file because of encryption, even if that wouldn't be correct, it's pretty much the same case.

Archived