ESET Fixes

shought

• Administrator

I'm sure PurplebeanZ should think about it. It will benefit all. Just need the approval to use the method for the better for all. :)

• Replies 1k
  • Views 149.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after changing the fix from box,mara in the PurpleBeanZ my Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1 uses less memory, than usual..now 400mb before 500mb in the idle...with 50 applications installed nothing change...

i think the PurpleBeanZ fix work more smothly whit eset..It is my opinion and do not want to offend anyone...thanks

Obviously you don't have any idea what are you talking about. You only offended yourself with that thinking, not anybody else. Both fix only do simple registry change which can not in any way affect your system. You can only blame that SP1, which is beta btw, to have some strange behaviour. Also, read something about superfetch. WIndows 7 is designed to take advantage of all RAM memory you got, not waste it like Windows XP.

Cheers ;)

I could easily add this feature to box, mara- fix, but I don't want to be, maybe, accused of stealing ideas. I can add it if PurpleBeanZ agrees.

Now, that . . . . . . . . . . . . . is well said; like a true :pirate:

(. . . . . . . you deserve the rep.)

Does PurplebeanZ's fix "obscure" the virus signature number in the tray icon like mara-box fix?

No

So that's an interesting difference between the two fixes :yes:

Does PurplebeanZ's fix "obscure" the virus signature number in the tray icon like mara-box fix?

No

You sure about that? Once key us locked, you can't see correct virus signature database. You are probably seeing number which was before using fix. In box, mara- fix I simply removed that information, but probably in that fix that informations is not changed. So, to sum it, number you see in tray will not change with ESET updates.

Cheers ;)

@ hullboy & mara-

Wait a minute - I think, I know what the matter really is. Just now, I restored my settings from a previous back up & the U/p is showing up because I was using a valid registration, earlier. No wonder the pop-up showed up. Shall perform a clean re-install of NOD32 and report tomorrow (too fagged out, right now.)

all that matters is that box/mara fix is working great.

I prefer this variant of the mara fix, because it can be activated after installing ESET. I do not know, what is the advantage of the fact that during installation you can activate ESET? :D

I really like Box, Mara-fix Ive been using this for a long time and it never fails.

is it possible Box, Mara, PurplebeanZ -Fix ? B) I think that will be good.

I really hope that Box, Mara, PurplebeanZ work together and make together fixes for ESET in the future man!

Anyway, great fucking work! +1 for you guys... :)

Hi Guys,

I experience some installation problems in ESS v. 4.2.67, at the end of the setup during installation. It says that the setup has ended prematurely due to some error. I have un installed my previous version of ESS to upgrade. But unfortunately this problem pops up :( tried all the options (deleting the registry etc..) but still this problem occurs :(

Hope somebody can help me :(

Thank you in advance :)

After uninstalling...did you re-start your PC before installing again?

You need to re-start.

Also need to remove existing fix.

Hi Guys,

I experience some installation problems in ESS v. 4.2.67, at the end of the setup during installation. It says that the setup has ended prematurely due to some error. I have un installed my previous version of ESS to upgrade. But unfortunately this problem pops up :( tried all the options (deleting the registry etc..) but still this problem occurs :(

Hope somebody can help me :(

Thank you in advance :)

Hi Josh,

Sorry to hear of your problem - there're numerous reasons which can cause this issue. Suggest you start a new topic to receive wider assistance. ;)

No

You sure about that? Once key us locked, you can't see correct virus signature database. You are probably seeing number which was before using fix. In box, mara- fix I simply removed that information, but probably in that fix that informations is not changed. So, to sum it, number you see in tray will not change with ESET updates.

Cheers ;)

The tray icon displays:-

ESET NOD32 Antivirus™ 4.67.10

Virus signature database ready

Nice trick, you monitor installation and while self-defence is down, you apply the fix. It's shame that fix is dependant on .NetFramework.

Cheers ;)

Don't worry mara-. You'll have one follower forever. :D Unless I leave ESET that is. :P

On a side note, can it be also implemented in box, mara- fix (this method that doesn't require to disable self defense manually)? I know the chances are less because both are totally different methods of fixing, but just for assurance.:)

I'm not worried at all, box and mine fix is well know. I could easily add this feature to box, mara- fix, but I don't want to be, maybe, accused of stealing ideas. I can add it if PurpleBeanZ agrees. He can be also added as author of the fix, like box, mara-, PurpleBeanZ fix :D.

Cheers ;)

mara, you are most welcome to include this option in your fix - it will benefit the forum, as many people know and trust your fix :) I can advise on the finer details of how I've done it if you like? or you can work it out youself (the fun part) and possibly come up with a better method... :dance:

It is an option to work together on these fixes, but I fear that may stifle creativity for new features as it may become too easy to depend on each other for ideas? Also it may create disagreements if one party is not happy with something. We shall see what the future brings...

Also the reason all my fixes are .NET, are because this is what I use at work - so when things are quiet I can work on fixes and people think i'm working :ph34r: I don't see it as a problem because it is quite rare not to have .NET installed.

Yes, unfortunatley there is no way around this yet. I just mask it with the word 'ready'

I prefer this variant of the mara fix, because it can be activated after installing ESET. I do not know, what is the advantage of the fact that during installation you can activate ESET? :D

My fix can also be used after installation. Fixing during install/uninstall is just an option to make things easier :)

mara, you are most welcome to include this option in your fix - it will benefit the forum, as many people know and trust your fix :) I can advise on the finer details of how I've done it if you like? or you can work it out youself (the fun part) and possibly come up with a better method... :dance:

Was damn sure you'd respond somewhere along those lines. :rockon:

(. . . . . . . . . you deserve a rep.) :)

Thanks guys. You're all GENIUS!

@PurplebeanZ: Can u named it Stable Release instead Beta? :D

Was damn sure you'd respond somewhere along those lines. :rockon:

(. . . . . . . . . you deserve a rep.) :)

Cheers, I would have replied sooner, but I was out yesterday and only able to browse on my phone - I really can't type properley on my phone :lol:

Thanks guys. You're all GENIUS!

@PurplebeanZ: Can u named it Stable Release instead Beta? :D

i will release a final version in the next few days - there are a few bit in the interface I would like to tweak first, also I want to stop it freezing while monitoring the installation & add a cancel button :)

PurplebeanZ, very nice to hear that possitive vibe from you, one question though, is it so that the virus def. updates take longer if you are a trial user, I bought a license a while back and updates were quicker I think....

Grtzz.. :)

PurplebeanZ, very nice to hear that possitive vibe from you, one question though, is it so that the virus def. updates take longer if you are a trial user, I bought a license a while back and updates were quicker I think....

Grtzz.. :)

The first update always takes a long time, but after that i'm not sure if there is any difference. Maybe someone has compared both and can give a more accurate answer?

The process of updating takes the same time but trial users get their updates from servers so they get them later, that's why I prefer minodlogin :rolleyes:

The process of updating takes the same time but trial users get their updates from servers so they get them later, that's why I prefer minodlogin :rolleyes:

so what is the fuss to get the definition right away. No problem even with a delay, not so much bad luck to pick up a virus that is covered by these definitions are not updated :lol:

Archived