ESET Fixes

shought

• Administrator

DKT,

it does not matter, how many of them find it as a virus, it is important to do well and that the errors corrected! Is you a hard reboot in safe mode, to activate ESET? Differences were none, it is important that ESET is activated (essentially all work the same TRICK), now how the least!

Conclusion: It does not matter which of these fixes will be used.

That's pretty much my point of view from a year or so. I just want to look into things. ;)

• Replies 1k
  • Views 150k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-4 days ago box, mara- fix was giving 8/42. Either way, does it matter at all? ;)

@PurplebeanZ: I'll be pleased if you re-introduce us how the fix actually works how you made it possible to fix it without disabling self-defense, is there a hole in ESET?

Nope, no holes in ESET to worry about yet :)

Works by watching the installation and taking advantage of a window where self protect is not enabled to apply/remove the fix.

Ok, here's the new version in beta form - there may be bugs so please take care with it.

Instructions for installation:

1) Run ESET updater & make sure forced mode is ticked.

2) Click 'Enable' and Install your prefered ESET product.

3) Reboot.

When you want to uninstall your ESET product:

1) Run ESET updater & make sure forced mode is ticked.

2) Click 'Disable' and uninstall your prefered ESET product.

3) Reboot.

Site: http://www.mediafire.com/

Sharecode: ?h38x4t5o0b99fws [?]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

@PurplebeanZ :-

Got 1st update without rebooting computer after installation of ESS 4.2.67.10 on mine WinXP PRO SP3 ( x86 ).

It`s a very, very good fix and as said before, people just have to follow instructions and all will be fine !

There is nothing else to explain --» Apply fix in 1st place, then the ESET in 2nd place and update.

My Congratulations ! You are a winner ! :dance: :clap: :king: :win: :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Jofre

Nice trick, you monitor installation and while self-defence is down, you apply the fix. It's shame that fix is dependant on .NetFramework.

Cheers ;)

• Administrator

Nice trick, you monitor installation and while self-defence is down, you apply the fix. It's shame that fix is dependant on .NetFramework.

Cheers ;)

Don't worry mara-. You'll have one follower forever. :D Unless I leave ESET that is. :P

On a side note, can it be also implemented in box, mara- fix (this method that doesn't require to disable self defense manually)? I know the chances are less because both are totally different methods of fixing, but just for assurance.:)

Microsoft.NET Framework is a program that almost everybody has installed... @Purplebeanz forgot to mention Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 is needed.

It is an excellent fix this one and people not lazy or afraid should test and give your opinion here.

Common guys !... :)

• Administrator

@jofre: It's best if you edit the post than to double post and later edit/removing the content of the 2nd one.

Always been & will be a big fan of Box-mara fix, but....

I think it's good to have healthy competition. Now we have PurplebeanZ Fix, so it's good for all of us. It's gives us hope & opportunity to pick & choose , whatever works best for you... :sneaky:

@ PurplebeanZ

Thank you for the new fix... :dance2:

I'll give it a try & let you know...;)

keep up the good work

Competition is always nice :)

This shouldn't 'be' competition though, I mean both fixes seem to be working perfectly fine.

;)

@purplebeanz

nice job man! keep up the good work!

I wouldn`t call this competition...more likely diversity! :P

@ PurplebeanZ :angry:

Re-installed NOD32 just to test your new fix - it bloody shit . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . works!!!

I sincerely believe your ESET Updater needs to be FrontPaged - am sure more people shall vote for it.

Re-installed NOD32 just to test your new fix - it bloody shit . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . works!!!

I sincerely believe your ESET Updater needs to be FrontPaged - am sure more people shall vote for it.

+1 vote for ESET Updater 1.5b to be FrontPaged when recognized as good by other members with different Operational Systems.

To All --» do not forget to mention which Operational System you used for testing and also if it is x86 or x64

Maybe it's a good idea to work together mara and PurplebeanZ, I tested the PurplebeanZ's fix on W7 Ultimate x64 and works like a charm! :D

Thanks to all you guys man, you're the reason I turn my PC on every day.. ;)

Regards... and respect! :wub:

@ jofre - good idea. ;)

Tested the 'ESET Updater' from PurplebeanZ on Windows Se7en Ultimate RTM (x86) on and off over a span of 4 hrs (without a single misfire.)

+1 vote..keep up the good work....realy one big RESPECT PurplebeanZ....

Agreed :D

FRONTPAGE.. NOW!!!!!

+1 vote for PurpleBeanZ......and Front Page............good work.....box,mara- fix 1.4 good fix,too.... :dance2:

I have not tested PurpleBeanZ's ESET Updater, but I see that praise, so it is probably all right. So, what's the difference compared to the mara fix, except in self defense and safe mode, I assume that there is no difference :lol:

:wtf: My Defense+ module (HIPS) from COMODO throws up a series of pop-ups when NOD32 is being installed, but not a single pop-up when your ESET Updater is run, PurplebeanZ. :o

I think you've hammered the NOD32 'Self-defense' system without compromising on the protection aspect. ;)

Cheers ;)

Don't worry mara-. You'll have one follower forever. :D Unless I leave ESET that is. :P

On a side note, can it be also implemented in box, mara- fix (this method that doesn't require to disable self defense manually)? I know the chances are less because both are totally different methods of fixing, but just for assurance.:)

I'm not worried at all, box and mine fix is well know. I could easily add this feature to box, mara- fix, but I don't want to be, maybe, accused of stealing ideas. I can add it if PurpleBeanZ agrees. He can be also added as author of the fix, like box, mara-, PurpleBeanZ fix :D.

Cheers ;)

How about PurpleBean'z box of -mara Fix... or LOL -mara's box of PurpleBean'z.. :lmao: Don't want PurpleBean'z n -mara's box Fix.. :o Pun intended.. LOL.. ' MBP Fix '

I really like Box, Mara-fix Ive been using this for a long time and it never fails.

is it possible Box, Mara, PurplebeanZ -Fix ? B) I think that will be good.

I really like Box, Mara-fix Ive been using this for a long time and it never fails.

is it possible Box, Mara, PurplebeanZ -Fix ? B) I think that will be good.

that's it. really good idea :cheers:Let's wait to PurpleBeanZ to give personal opinion.

after changing the fix from box,mara in the PurpleBeanZ my Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1 uses less memory, than usual..now 400mb before 500mb in the idle...with 50 applications installed nothing change...

i think the PurpleBeanZ fix work more smothly whit eset..It is my opinion and do not want to offend anyone...thanks

Archived