• Replies 1k
  • Views 148.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

box, mara- 1.4 is up on the frontpage.

Changes:

- Fixed trial removal on protection status page;
- Added trial removal for all languages for 64-bit version;
- Added detection of Safe mode, so fix won't try to launch Eset after applying when in Safe mode;
- When fix is used to fix Eset, after closing the fix, Eset update will be launched;
- Scheduler modification so update is launched as soon as possible if previous attempt was failure;
- Smaller size of the fix, because now only one tool is used for removing trial marks (before it was two different tools, one for x86 other for x64).

There is no need to do fixing ESET again with this version, if you already have previous. Only if you want to properly remove trial marks, then you can apply the fix again.

Cheers ;)

Thank you Box & Mara for the 1.4 fix update.. :dance2:

Your fix rokzzz.....;) keep up the good work...:D

+1

Do we need to close application before applying the fix? Sorry for this noob question...

Do we need to close application before applying the fix? Sorry for this noob question...

No, but you must disable Self-defense in ESET which requires a reboot of your PC. Then you run the box, mara- fix (use "Run as administrator" in either Windows 7 or Windows Vista).

is it possible that the trial version upgrade modules with existing servers, or to be added to the alternate server EAUS?

Cheers ;)

nice! thanks alot mara & box!

purplebeanz said his fix will be soon out!

let`s crack those ESET bastards!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess the fix is disabling the self-defence by itself and after that enables it again...

Great man, can't wait for another cool ESET fix.. :P

C'mon PurpleBeanz, keep it up dude!! :D

As a matter of convenience, I would say it sounds like a good idea. Form the perspective that something else is going to circumvent/alter/change my Self-Defense in some way.. I say no... Booting up in Safe Mode, once.. would seem fine.. and really less problematic... Anyway.. just and 'IMHO' thing..

Ok, here's the new version in beta form - there may be bugs so please take care with it.

Instructions for installation:

1) Run ESET updater & make sure forced mode is ticked.

2) Click 'Enable' and Install your prefered ESET product.

3) Reboot.

When you want to uninstall your ESET product:

1) Run ESET updater & make sure forced mode is ticked.

2) Click 'Disable' and uninstall your prefered ESET product.

3) Reboot.

Site: http://www.mediafire.com/

Sharecode: ?h38x4t5o0b99fws [?]

Time to see how it works.

Thanks, PurplebeanZ !

To people asking how it works : - Try first and then give your opinion !

PurplebeanZ, could you tell us what the difference is between this fix and Box, mara fix 1.4 ?

Regards.. :)

You no longer need to disable self protect or boot into safe mode. :)

makes it easier to upgrade to a newer version or switch from NOD32 to ESS - less reboots

one of the differences is that this does not get so many virus alerts.

On virustotal this one gets 0/ 43 but the mara gets like 17/ 43.

That is what I like about this one.. :) ( not that I dont like the box-mara fix. I used it until this came)

• Administrator

3-4 days ago box, mara- fix was giving 8/42. Either way, does it matter at all? ;)

@PurplebeanZ: I'll be pleased if you re-introduce us how the fix actually works how you made it possible to fix it without disabling self-defense, is there a hole in ESET?

DKT,

it does not matter, how many of them find it as a virus, it is important to do well and that the errors corrected! Is you a hard reboot in safe mode, to activate ESET? Differences were none, it is important that ESET is activated (essentially all work the same TRICK), now how the least!

Conclusion: It does not matter which of these fixes will be used.

Archived