HX1

that is really nice heath! gonna use a banner of yours as my sig! :P

• Replies 349
  • Views 437.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool.. tipo :thumbsup: ... Did anyone have any performance problems out of the AVS.. is it doing what it says on the package..LOL Reason I ask is differences in plugins and so on..

EDIT: Small update to the avs....

These are 10 more nsane.holiday.banners.. I started to make a personal winter banner and for some reason this is where I wound up.. I think, personally these are the times when I do some of the best stuff.. :P ( minus some of the extra variations )

Post #2 is too full of images... :eek: So this is extended from that ... a few of these I could have not posted.. but I chose to post everything I put down for variation.. ( Might want to use two sheets of paper to decide on which one.. to block out others around it )

Credit for resources goes to alexander-gg, where you can find the matching Wallpaper ( which I used in this as Stock ). Brushes and Textures also belong to their original respective owners/artist and authors.. who have put them up for free use... No animals were harmed during the making of these banners... :D

Happy Holidays.. and Have a Great New Year!..

nsane.holiday.banner.extended:

Download: Copy Image Location... ( PNG's available on request )

ALSO: I will make Avatars and Userbars, in this format.. on Request ONLY..

nsane.holiday.winter:

Download: Copy Image Location... ( PNG's available on request )

• Administrator

Doing great my friend. Keep it up. :)

BTW, need some help, is there any way, any trick, with which you can use Lens Flare on a transparent layer? I really really need to use it on a blank layer. :frusty:

Thanks...:D especially for the +1's.. DK, the best solution I would say would be to look for LensFlare Brushes.. or Lighting Effects.. create two layers one dark.. and render or paint on the LensFlare.. then turn the background layers off.. Then save the PSD, then open the PSD in Fireworks, and save as a PNG ( which will be a large file ). Then Open that PNG with Photoshop.. then select it with a Marquee...Hit Ctrl + C.. go back to the document you want to put it on.. Create a new layer.. then hit Ctrl + V.. and you will have a new layer with LensFlare.. transparent background.. on w/e.. There are some brushes like that somewhere I can't remember where and I will look through mine to see if I have any..

EDIT: Or just find a brush and create/use on it's own layer.. I think the process above just allows you to have a layer with lens flare thats completely transparent.. IF you do that after you save it in Fireworks.. reopen the PNG with Photoshop and save it again as a PNG ( because you may not have the option the first time around ).. It will reduce the file size dramatically.. without loss of quality.. or problems that will come from trying to optimize it in Fireworks..

Found some here.. http://colorburned.com/2010/01/more-lens-flares-25-high-resolution-photoshop-brushes.html and some extra stuff.. http://designm.ag/resources/light-effect-brushes/ could probably find some on dA ( actually a !@#$load of them there ) ..as well You may also need to play around with gradients and color overlays to get the effect you want or desire.. Depending on that reacts with the layer you may want to do it after on top of the PNG in Photshop before the resave.. Will have to ' rasterize ' the layer first though..

I'm not sure if this thread is the right one to ask in. But - with Christmas coming up and winter all over us already I think it would be cool to have our ordinary avatar's customized reflecting this. And that maybe members could ask for assistance here?

I did a snow modified one which was ok I guess using this tutorial

Posted Image | Posted Image

You're the boss in this thread heat28m - so feel free to disregard my suggestion. I really would like a santa claus hat on my cat avatar though :)

That sounds like a great idea.. very cool.. Nice tutorial link too.. On the hat.. I will have to look.. I have the PNG for the one I hung on the banners still.. how to adapt it may be a little tricky.. I will definitely do some looking around.. The Black one would be easy.. ( I say that..LOL ).. the white one you just posted up may be a little harder.. but we never fail.. and where we do we have the blur and erase tool.. LOL

But seriously, yeah.. sounds like a great one...

That is freakin' awesome! Thank you so much heath.

Edit:

Another one - stop spoiling me :)

The latest one is so cool

Added one more to the above post.. added some sparkle and snow.. Not for sure it might be too much with the banner with this also or the second to last one may be better. dunno.. Trial and error.. LOL..Tried to add a gift box in the background but it blended in with the hat to much.. and the perspective was a little off..

• Administrator

Cool avatar jalaffa and great work heath28m. B) :)

• Administrator

@heath28m: Can you make my avatar a bit Christmas like? :)

Okay here is a version.. I couldn't decide on the present being in his hands or not.. BUT I went to http://www.sp-studio.de/ and designed the little guy with present and candle.. the background and everything else was done in Ps CS5.. The original is 385 x 385..

EDIT: Image removal for update..

• Administrator

Nice. Can you make it a slight less yellow more pink in the skin color? :)

The thing is, my mom/sis say I turn a bit reddish when in winter. :shy:

• Administrator

You can try that instead of the prize (we can compare both of them). Also, add that snow. :D Otherwise, everything is fine. :thumbsup:

Archived