Android vs Blackberry OS vs Symbian vs iOS

LeetPirate

@Leetpirate: Couldn't agree more.

@Night Owl: On the other side, India would be having one of the most expensive internet. I pay $22 per month to get only 129KB/s dl and 25KB/s ul max. :frusty:

x2!

+ Glad to see "old zeus" back!

^_^

• Replies 31
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the other side, India would be having one of the most expensive internet. I pay $22 per month to get only 129KB/s dl and 25KB/s ul max. :frusty:

Don't count on that. :D

For that money here (don't ask where) I'm getting same download speed and like 16KB/s upload. Luckily I share Internet bill with two of my cousins so we have 500 KB/s download and about 40 KB/s upload (and this is provider error, I should have about 30 KB/s :D).

Cheers ;)

@Night Owl: On the other side, India would be having one of the most expensive internet. I pay $22 per month to get only 129KB/s dl and 25KB/s ul max. :frusty:

Internet is getting cheaper too.. For around $16 I can get 60KBps downloads

Between $25-30 around 110KBps

Can get higher speeds but they would have their download Limits.

Me eagerly waiting for WebOS 2.0

I will skip Palm Pre 2 for now and look for the Next HP device with WebOS.

You are right about the iPhone being a magnet for superficial elitist sheep. The company is afflicted with a severe case of 'not invented here' syndrome; they tend to put products that lag behind what is expected of phone technology today but label such late additions as groundbreaking when they build them in. A closed source iOS doesn't sit well with me either.

Symbian seems like a great os, but it might not be able to withstand the shifting market and overwhelming pressure exerted by Android. I had recently read an article that Sony Ericsson was dropping its support for symbian and moving to Google for its phone os needs. Only Nokia and Fujitsu remain as staunch supporters of what could be a great platform if it is rennovated and saved in time.

I too am lost as to what to buy for a new phone... :( :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

^^ I see you are a practising believer of the principle "If it ain't broke, fix it till it is broken". I too, most recently was when I was tweaking my BIOS code and ended up having to buy a new motherboard. :lol:

:hehe: I suppose it's the itch to learn unexplored stuff - this time, have to admit, though I overdid it and was shit scared. :tooth:

Archived