MOBO died?

sanjoa

Have you had it off for more than five minutes? at any point.. and have you tried pulling out the power cable.. waiting till the light goes off.. then switching the little switch in the back over and then back... This would work on some of the older machines.. Like a reset or something..

Mine would boot the floppy first.. regardless..

• Replies 65
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its strange. You hear a beep then the sound from floppy normally, but not now. I can't hear any beep. HDD works. Fans works. Everything works but not mobo.

check the floppy thing out.. and make sure you haven't plugged in the wrong power or cables? during the check-up?

EDIT: I had one once that would not boot if the floppy wasn't there.. because I tried to remove it..

• Administrator

I think you should check out the motherboard repair guy near you if you are 100% sure that it's the mobo.

If it is not mobo what could it be? Even without processor does not do any beep sound. And repair guy does not want to check it. :shit:

This is just strange. I've put mobo on a table with only power supply and it started automatically but no beeps came from speaker.

Speaker is OK. I'm going to buy a new mobo. Here in Argentina, you can buy one for less than 100 dollars.

• Administrator

Odd mobo repair guy. In Mumbai suburbs (where I live), there's only one guy that repairs mobos. When I had a problem, he repaired it in mins. ^_^

• Administrator

Sure, cause I wouldn't advice to change the MOBO just because one or two parts are not working properly. :P

But it would be so expensive to me send it, and how can I send it to you?

• Administrator

That will cost you a new MOBO I guess. Cause you have to pay 150% of the prize of your current MOBO in tax. :mellow:

Honestly though, you should find another repair guy. Unless you've had many other problems in this MOBO, I wouldn't just trash it or accept it as dead unless and until someone else sees it and confirms it. We are like nurses or part time self medication people, but only the doctor has the right to declare the patient dead. :D

hey dcs? haven't you read that I can't see POST from BIOS on screen? So on, boot with my Win7 DVD does not work.

Now mobo is on a table with only the power supply connected. And the speaker. No beep heard.

What's your BIOS make (AMI/AWARD/PHOENIX/Other) ? If you can log into Win7 normally then download the latest BIOS file from ASROCK's site & use the app(exe) provided to flash the BIOS from Windows OR I'll give you the link for that app(if you can tell me about the BIOS manufacturer) alternatively use a previous version of BIOS cause this recent one might be buggy(if its the current version that's giving you problems) !

Captain Caveman

Take a look at the caps on the motherboard.. any bulging on the top of them?

Plus you mention that the machine turned on automaticly when you had just the PS and motherboard on your table.. I still think it could be your powersupply.. is the older PS you tried flawless? .. whens the last time you used that thing?

If you're really unable to run the Windows Se7en DVD for repair (with your motherboard connected,) I'm afraid you may have to perform a BIOS recovery.

How can I do that?

What's your BIOS make (AMI/AWARD/PHOENIX/Other) ? If you can log into Win7 normally then download the latest BIOS file from ASROCK's site & use the app(exe) provided to flash the BIOS from Windows OR I'll give you the link for that app(if you can tell me about the BIOS manufacturer) alternatively use a previous version of BIOS cause this recent one might be buggy(if its the current version that's giving you problems) !

Bios brand is AMI. I'M NOT ABLE TO START MOBO.

Take a look at the caps on the motherboard.. any bulging on the top of them?

Plus you mention that the machine turned on automaticly when you had just the PS and motherboard on your table.. I still think it could be your powersupply.. is the older PS you tried flawless? .. whens the last time you used that thing?

There's not any bulging. I'm using old power supply (400 Watt). I did change it because it was "small" about power requirements for me. ('Twas giving me USB problems). I should try with the new one (it's 500 Watt).

I'm thinking in buying an ASROCK N-68 UCC or a GIGABYTE GA-M68M-S2P mobo.

I'm thinking in buying an ASROCK N-68 UCC or a GIGABYTE GA-M68M-S2P mobo.

Well if you can't boot through your HDD or any other removeable medium then the only option you have is to replace/repair your mobo. I think you should go for that dual BIOS one (probably from Gigabyte) ^_^

I can't see something bad on mobo. Only when I start it with the new power supply it automatically turns off a few moments later.

Archived