Computer freezes

sanjoa

SMART is activated, and there is no warning of HDD config and settings

• Replies 48
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may be different but check the ATA Section... and scroll the lower windows all the way down.. somewhere in there its listed a few times and one of them should have some information on it..

Campo	Valor
Propiedades del dispositivo ATA
Identificador del modelo WDC WD2500JS-08NCB1
Número de serie WD-WCANK6158701
Revisión 10.02E01
Tipo de dispositivo SATA-II
Parámetros 484521 cilindros, 16 cabezas, 63 sectores por pista, 512 bytes por sector
Sectores LBA 488397168
Búfer 8 MB
Sectores múltiples 16
Bytes ECC 50
Capacidad sin formatear 238475 MB
Estándar ATA ATA/ATAPI-7

Caraterísticas del dispositivo ATA
48-bit LBA Soportado
Administración avanzada de energía No soportado
Automatic Acoustic Management Soportado, Desactivado/a
Device Configuration Overlay Soportado
DMA Setup Auto-Activate Soportado, Desactivado/a
General Purpose Logging Soportado
Host Protected Area Soportado, Activado/a
In-Order Data Delivery No soportado
Native Command Queuing Soportado
Phy Event Counters Soportado
Administración de energía Soportado, Activado/a
Power-Up In Standby Soportado, Desactivado/a
Read Look-Ahead Soportado, Activado/a
Release Interrupt No soportado
Modo de seguridad Soportado, Desactivado/a
SMART Soportado, Activado/a
SMART Error Logging Soportado
SMART Self-Test Soportado
Software Settings Preservation Soportado, Activado/a
Streaming No soportado
Tagged Command Queuing No soportado
Caché de escritura Soportado, Activado/a

Fabricante del dispositivo ATA
Nombre de la empresa Western Digital Corporation
Información del producto http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products

Dude, I'm gonna bed now. I'll follow this tomorrow.

I've not found that, dude.

Thank you for your help.

Your welcome.. I would try to trace that ntdll error down.. but I think it could have something to do with the Google updater.. some of the others that may need to be rethought/cleaned..The reason I say this is because the Updater for Google runs everything in the background... you will not even see the errors.. AND the other service for it is running so something isn't right with it to begin with.. AND yes it is terrible to remove.. you have to uninstall/the remove manually/ then clean the registry.. and even then you may have some other crap to clean out...LOL.. gotta hate it.. Anyway I wish you luck.. but I think we actually have gotten somewhere .. at least a direction to go in anyways.. :thumbsup:

When you say it freeze for 10 minutes , does it restart automatically after that without any any action from your side?

Second, can you listen to your HD, a minute before restarting, it make a specific noise "clack" as if the heads where locked in the idle state (retracted) and wake up to seek its arm back into function. So the plates begin spinning again (as if it was in sleep state).

During all this process the OS hung or freeze.

This random hardware compatibility is a well known problem (google it), difficult to solve and never taken seriously by Microsoft.

HARD DATA FOR THIS

Floppy what do you mean with this? I don't understand you

Your welcome.. I would try to trace that ntdll error down.. but I think it could have something to do with the Google updater.. some of the others that may need to be rethought/cleaned..The reason I say this is because the Updater for Google runs everything in the background... you will not even see the errors.. AND the other service for it is running so something isn't right with it to begin with.. AND yes it is terrible to remove.. you have to uninstall/the remove manually/ then clean the registry.. and even then you may have some other crap to clean out...LOL.. gotta hate it.. Anyway I wish you luck.. but I think we actually have gotten somewhere .. at least a direction to go in anyways.. :thumbsup:

My computer is running more lighter. Only my connection is working a bit slow and I'm getting 800072ee2 error messages at WLM.

When you say it freeze for 10 minutes , does it restart automatically after that without any any action from your side?

Second, can you listen to your HD, a minute before restarting, it make a specific noise "clack" as if the heads where locked in the idle state (retracted) and wake up to seek its arm back into function. So the plates begin spinning again (as if it was in sleep state).

During all this process the OS hung or freeze.

This random hardware compatibility is a well known problem (google it), difficult to solve and never taken seriously by Microsoft.

Tony, thank you. It does restart automatically (no BSOD, only everything starts working again). OS freezes, red light of HDD work indication stays on and after that it turns off. I've not heard no rare sound at my HDD.

Open properties of My Computer. Go to Advanced System Setting. Go to Advanced tab. Press Settings under Startup and Recovery. Unckeck option Automatically restart. Check option Write an event to the system log. Now when you get BSOD again, you will see blue screen with error info. Write it here. Also, check Event Viewer after BSOD. Give us info from there, too.

Cheers ;)

hey, mara! thank you. I'm not getting a BSOD when it happens. And my computer is working faster with heat28 recommendations. Yesterday I did not have any problem. It is strange.

heath28m is a very good troubleshooter, I will follow his advice about Google.

José Matías Lemos, happy to know that freezing stopped. BTW freezing do not mean that the CPU stop working, it is the I/O peripherals (screen mouse and keyboard) that are ignored in the process. The CPU is doing something else and do not respond to the I/O IRQs.

heat28tm rocks!!!!!! :dance2: I've installed my video card again and it is working OK. No freezings.

And another thing, friends! My DVD/CD READER/RECODER hasn't died. It still records. Maybe this was related to this problem of freezings.

Could have something to do with it.. If it was trying to do it all at once.. I know some systems really take some resource focus for it.. mix it with the issue you were having.. could be.. I would monitor the logs and system for awhile though.. just to make sure.. and Look for Firmware updates for the specific model you have.. sometimes those can help.. OEM Product you may have to do some digging on..

Thats something I never bother with.. so this one is sort of lost on me.. BUT.. I am sure this would be something simple.. maybe not to fix but to explain.. and probably not a severe issue.. especially if the actual data is fine.. Could even be the program or settings used with or in conjunction with..

Well, you should verify you data somehow to see if you drive record as it should. Nero should be reliable, so I would check my data since it's verification failed.

Cheers ;)

Archived