What’s new about Internet Explorer 7.0

Zeus_Hunt

The new Internet Explorer version, to be numbered 7.0, is getting closer and closer to its release date, and, as Microsoft stated on several occasions, its main target will be online security.

Within a speech held at TechED, Gordon Mangione, vice president of Microsoft’s

Security Business & Technology department, announced some of the main features which have been radically changed in the new Internet Explorer.

Mangione confirmed the fact that, after the installation, Internet Explorer 7.0 will run, as standard, in a reduced-privilege mode, in order to prevent the remote-type attacks.

Moreover, Internet Explorer 7.0 will be endowed with anti-spoofing and anti-phishing technologies, which will assure the users’ safety. The persons still feeling the need to fiddle with the security options will be able to access them through a menu from Tools, Internet Options, Security.

Mangione also announced that the cross scripting-type attacks will not be possible anymore in the 7.0 version and that the SSL interface will be improved. In order to reduce the spyware infestation, Microsoft also decided to integrate Microsoft Windows Anti-Spyware into the new browser.

Mangione confirmed the fact that Internet Explorer 7.0 will have tabbed-browsing, will support international domain names (IDN), but also integrate a RSS reader and a search engine with an option for choosing the search portal and new printing capabilities.

Internet Explorer 7.0, code-named Rincon, will be available for Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 and Windows XP Professional x64.

Sounds decent :rolleyes:

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rudeboy2025

Code named Rincon... :lol: Anyways Firefox will always be better than IE.

• Administrator

And you know that how? Predict the future? :lol:

Anywho... IE is superiour to firefox in several ways and the opposite statement is also true.

Rudeboy2025
And you know that how? Predict the future?  ;)

Anywho... IE is superiour to firefox in several ways and the opposite statement is also true.

Actually I do, I get paid for it. ;) :lol: :D

Nice.... :lol:

If only i beleived you ;)

And I dont believe both of u :D

And I dont believe both of u  :D

well gee...they keep telling us how damn good it will be ...but when...thats what we want to know...... :lol: that microsoft...the big teasers ;)

Archived