Computer Restarting

Guest MindLess

• Administrator

Silly question... have you tried unplugging and plugging EVERYTHING in your computer again? (Check the CPU heatsink especially).

• Replies 40
  • Views 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MindLess

yes iv tryed unplugging everything and pugging it back in even check to make sure all the fans were working right

Guest MindLess

the ram was only thing i could try in another comp and it worked fine :/ but no other comps for the other stuff

Hi, while the PC is unplugged for a few minutes and later plug back, does the PC make an unusual buzzing sound around the power supply?

Hi, well... you can try going to the BIOS and Load Fail Safe Defaults, then save and exit. Also if you updated the nVIDIA drivers try to rollback or update the existing drivers.

nVIDIA Cards Support Forums:

Driver Heaven Forum

MVKTech Forum

nVIDIA Forum

TomsHardware Forum

Drivers, Manual... on your motherboard.

Be sure, base on the manual that the memory you're using is compatible with the motherboard memory requirements.

Good luck

Fixed the Abit Link...

Broke As Hell

I once had a similar problem with Vista, did some updating of the drivers and stuff, and it still would reboot my machine. After I flashed the BIOS to the newest version, everything started working fine... don't know why... :sneaky: ;)

I don't know what else I would do, but just throwing that out there just in case someone didn't suggest that.

• Administrator

Try this: Start > Run > SFC /scannow (will repair any corrupted windows system files).

Also, post the log from from event log: Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System -> Record id 1001

Guest MindLess

in the event viewer there is nothing that says record 1001 there is an event 1001 witch is from date 3/03/07

Archived