Donations Read more... ×
mara-

IP Filter Downloader

mara-

Hello everybody,

Recently I started using IP Filter database from sourceforge.net. Also, I sow a topic here mentioning that there is no tool for automatic download of this file, so I decided to make a tool which will make this process a little easier.

IP Filter Downloader

This tool will download latest IPFilter database from sourceforge.net to uTorrent folder or to folder you choose. Wherever you choose to download, compressed rar archive will be downloaded and extracted automatically. If this database already exist on selected location, it will be overwritten.

ipf.th.png

Info:

Download Size: 1.01 MB
Executable size: 1.25 MB
Type: Portable (configuration .ini file is created in same folder of this executable to save custom location if used)
MD5: ffe3a2f68e981773a2793522069fbb7c

Changelog:

Version 1.1 [Date: 07/28/2010]

- Added ability to choose from two different download locations;- Added ability to enter you custom link (just enter instead of available link).

Version 1.0 [Date: 07/25/2010]

- Initial release.

Download

If your antivirus reports that IP Filter Downloader is some kind of a virus that is false positive and you can ignore it. IP Filter Downloader is created with AutoIt and most antiviruses reports false positives for anything created in AutoIt.

If you find some bugs, report it here. If you have suggestion, post it, and I'll consider adding it.

Cheers wink.gif Edited by mara-

mara-

Thanks. I'll try it. ^_^

I expect feedback. :D

Thank you, mara!

You are welcome.

Cheers ;)

DKT27

Somehow mediafire is not working. I press download and it refreshes the same thing again. :s

EDIT: There seems a problem in IDM.

Edited by DKT27

Marik

Somehow mediafire is not working. I press download and it refreshes the same thing again. :s

EDIT: There seems a problem in IDM.

IDM working fine over here....maybe you're not logged in (dunno if that matters or not, but I always stay logged in on that site)

DKT27

Works now. Reinstalling IDM addon and cleared mediafire cookies solved it.

RobrPatty

Not finding anything wrong with this. Downloaded latest filter in default location with no problems. Even edited the .dat file to my liking and is functioning great.

Got to throw in a thank you mara....nice little program.

harpua

Thanks for the program. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Btw, there is at least one other program that does the same thing that I have been using for a while. I don't recall where I got it but it's called IP Filter updater.bat and has been working quite well for me under w7 x64.

mara-

IP Filter updater.bat

That's not a program, it's a batch file.

Cheers ;)

harpua

IP Filter updater.bat

That's not a program, it's a batch file.

Cheers ;)

Well actually, I got the name wrong, it's "IPUpdater.exe" but it creates a batch file on the desktop that does the updating.

But I just tried your program and I like it very much and will use it from now on. THANKS.

mara-

I'm glad you like it.

Cheers ;)

LeetPirate

Thanks mara-, this is exactly what we need. :rolleyes:

I would like to request that you also make a setting to allow changing the url for the ipfilter file or allowing a custom url. The 2 most common urls I know of:

http://emulepawcio.sourceforge.net/nieuwe_site/Ipfilter_fakes/ipfilter.ziphttp://downloads.sourceforge.net/scarangel/ipfilter.rar
Awesome program. Added to my collection.

DKT27

Works perfectly mara-. Another great app from you. :)

Plus (+) repped.

Jordan de Souza

I'm sorry, but i don't get what is this batch file for... could anyone explain me?

mara-

I would like to request that you also make a setting to allow changing the url for the ipfilter file or allowing a custom url. The 2 most common urls I know of:

http://emulepawcio.sourceforge.net/nieuwe_site/Ipfilter_fakes/ipfilter.ziphttp://downloads.sourceforge.net/scarangel/ipfilter.rar

OK, nice idea. Program is using second link. But, I'll add that other link, and possibility for custom link.

Cheers ;)

Jordan de Souza

utorrent filter list

OK, thank you, but it serves for what? I mean, what is the purpose?

mara-

utorrent filter list

Read more here.

Cheers ;)

Jordan de Souza

utorrent filter list

Read more here.

Cheers ;)

Oh, now I understand. Well, i've never got a problem with so much wasted data, so i think this is not my case.

donkey-girl

Thanks mara-, this is exactly what doctor orders.

LeetPirate

OK, nice idea. Program is using second link. But, I'll add that other link, and possibility for custom link.

Cheers ;)

Excellent!

Since this is such a great and useful tool made by one of our very own, there is now a link to this topic on the uTorrent front page listing. ;)

Once again, great work mara- .

ugatme

Nice Mara :dance2: Just one stupid question, does it need to be updated at any time?

mara-

Nice Mara :dance2: Just one stupid question, does it need to be updated at any time?

If you mean this tool, that's up to me. I'm planning to make an update with one additional link for download and with ability to add you own link in inbuilt links stops working for some reason. You don't need updated tool unless link stops working. And, IP filter you download with this tool and use with uTorrent should be regularly updated, at least once a week.

Cheers ;)

Night Owl

mara-, thank you so much for making this tool. I never used an IP filter before, but thanks to you I now am. (Like Jordan de Souza, I never had problems with wasted data, but if I saw some trackers that looked a little funny, I always deleted them.)

I have some feedback though. After the tool finished downloading, there was a little pause and I almost quit the program. I didn't know there was an upcoming extraction phase before the tool was finally finished.