NOD32 FiX v2.2

nsane

Eset.pngNOD32 Antivirus System provides well balanced, state-of-the-art protection against threats endangering your PC and enterprise systems running various platforms from Microsoft Windows 95 / 98 / ME / NT / 2000 / 2003 / XP, through a number of UNIX/Linux, Novell, MS DOS operating systems to Microsoft Exchange Server, Lotus Domino and other mail servers. Viruses, worms, trojans and other malware are kept out of striking distance of your valuable data. Advanced detection methods implemented in the software even provide protection against the future threats from most of the new worms and viruses.

Changes in 2.2:
  • Updated the server list so it should work with the retail builds again.
  • Now uses regedit.exe on Windows NT/2K/2K3/XP/Vista systems.
  • Completely rewritten because I lost the source in a HDD crash.
  • Now uses Inno Setup v5.1.9 for security reasons.

Download

• Replies 72
  • Views 74.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uninstall the previous version of NOD32 FiX before installing this one.

Nsane: What made you use Inno over NSIS in terms of security? Excellent work though. ;)

Uninstall the previous version of NOD32 FiX before installing this one.

Nsane: What made you use Inno over NSIS in terms of security? Excellent work though. ;)

I do it and nothing happened. After that I uninstall and reinstall the NOD32 all and nothing ?

@charlyweb - are you logged on as an admin, because the only thing deleted is a few HKLM reg values? ;)

@Lee - it's always used Inno, it's just that versions prior to 5.1.8 used vulnerable compression libraries ;)

@charlyweb - are you logged on as an admin, because the only thing deleted is a few HKLM reg values? :unsure:

@Lee - it's always used Inno, it's just that versions prior to 5.1.8 used vulnerable compression libraries ;)

Thanks for you help, yes I'm logged as admin and use the 2.70.31 in spanish, can I delete that value manual?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset\Nod\CurrentVersion\Modules\Update\Settings

delete any values with UserServer in the name

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset\Nod\CurrentVersion\Scheduler\991979032

delete that key completely

:unsure:

@Lee - it's always used Inno, it's just that versions prior to 5.1.8 used vulnerable compression libraries :unsure:

Then may I ask, why Inno over NSIS? ;)

Yep works fine for me too, thanks alot nsane :unsure:

After NOD32 FIX v2.2 my system freeze for two minutes. When I use FIX 2.1 I didnt have this problem. FIX related issue or NOD32 configuration?

I use 2.70.26 Portuguese version.

I can`t find 2.70.31 version too.

Thanks for the update.

My system:

1.1 Ghz Duron Processor

512 DDR

40 GB 7200RPM

Win XP SP2 (full patched)

After NOD32 FIX v2.2 my system freeze for two minutes. When I use FIX 2.1 I didnt have this problem. FIX related issue or NOD32 configuration?

I use 2.70.26 Portuguese version.

I can`t find 2.70.31 version too.

Thanks for the update.

My system:

1.1 Ghz Duron Processor

512 DDR

40 GB 7200RPM

Win XP SP2 (full patched)

Did you install NOD32 choose restart later and then install the NSANE FIX and then reboot or did you install NOD32 then reboot then install the NSANE FIX then reboot again?

Please help, I got this message-

Error occurred while updating program modules (cannot replace the curent file. Check the system TEMP and TMP variables.)

I got NOD32 v2.70.31, and NOD32.FiX.v2.2-nsane

;) :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Archived