Englands Abysmal performance.

vin3e

Cmon lads,

Lets hear it, I was thoroughly disappointed with our main players; Rooney, Gerrard, Milner etc. But jesus, we had it going out way when we smacked that goal in. I thought we had momentum when Lampards goal was disallowed.

The end of yet another England world cup dream, and this was suppose to be the golden team.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That goal was crazy... Like 1-2 feet past the line, but the referee just didn't see it. Pretty sad.

Germany was better in the first 25 minutes, then, as you said, the momentum shifted and England scored (twice). After that the play was close to being balanced until halftime...

Then after halftime I believe it seemed there was no real 'incentive' from the English to score another goal... And well, we all know what happened then.

The first goal by Germany was offside by the way. You can see it in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAjDLW-FDbQ

(not the best angle, looking for a better one) | Pause it at 0:01 (the moment the keeper hits the ball)

Edit: you can't be offside from a goal kick :rolleyes: my bad.

Hmmm, the first German goal does look offside. I hadn't noticed that before. Oh well, Germany was just too strong for England today.

And what happened with Wayne Rooney? He wasn't really much of a factor during the World Cup.

Let me correct that: you can't be offside from a goal kick :P (My bad :rolleyes:)

• Administrator

And what happened with Wayne Rooney? He wasn't really much of a factor during the World Cup.

The "Alex Ferguson" effect. Well know syndrome....

The "Alex Ferguson" effect. Well know syndrome....

Fergusons Midas touch

Archived