Thunderbird Inbox

Samurai

Anyone know where the emails my client downloads, stores them?

I currently have 260 emails in my client, and want to find out how much space it's using. Aside from that, I'm just curious :rolleyes: I've looked in c:\program files\mozilla thunderbird but I don't think they're in there ;)

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, yes. I wanted to do the same thing, but with my cookies and FireFox. All of the Mozilla User Data is stored in the same place. So here it goes:

Go Start>Run> Type in "%AppData%" whithout quotes and hit enter. Find the Mozilla folder. Go inside the Mozilla folder and then go inside the Thunderbird folder. I dont have Thunderbird, so i dont know exactly where they are stored. Just try looking in different folders until you find it. :unsure:

Thanks but I'm only seeing Firefox in there :unsure:

Damn... It has to be somewhere!

Edit No. 1* Instead of going in Mozilla, Thunderbird had it's own folder so it did help :think:

Edit No. 2* Nothing in there that looks like i can use, loads of "files" with no extensions, a few .dats and .msf files but nothing of value.

I guess they're hardcoded into these files, as the largest I found was 9.5 MB

go to...

%appdata% > Thunderbird > Profiles > djkghsja.fdgh > Mail

then pick the server you wanna check the inbox for. now, there should be a file for every folder of the email account (trash, inbox, drafts, etc.). note, it's the files that have no extension that actually have the email data (content, files, etc.) :unsure:

Archived