Office 2010 now available on MSDN/TechNet

nsane.forums

I installed Microsoft Office x86 Professional Plus 2010. The detected version installed programs in the Everest was 14.0.4763.1000. The explanation from the site KezNews builds for different numbers of applications in Office 2010.

"Note that although the main RTM assembly build of Office 2010 has version number of 14.0.4763.1000, its individual applications inside the package may have different build numbers as their final RTM version. In fast, in About dialog, MSO has is version 14.0.4760.0, while Word 2010 is version 14.0.4762.0, Excel 2010 and Visio 2010 are version 14.0.4756.0, Project 2010 is version 14.0.4751.0, PowerPoint 2010 is version 14.0.4754.0, Outlook 2010 is version 14.0.4760.0, and Access 2010 is version 14.0.4750.0. Only OneNote 2010 has build version of 14.0.4763.0. And even the Office 2010 suite setup.exe has the build version of 14.0.4755.0. "

• Replies 82
  • Views 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is isn't true for genuine Microsoft MSDN/Technet editions, that are all 14.0.4760.0, further proving how much of a cooked up, stitched up and thrown to the hungry masses the Select/VL edition is.

This is isn't true for genuine Microsoft MSDN/Technet editions, that are all 14.0.4760.0, further proving how much of a cooked up, stitched up and thrown to the hungry masses the Select/VL edition is.

Have you installed the Select edition?

No. I tend not to install stuff that's not genuine, especially when I have the alternative. The Select edition cannot be SHA1/CRC matched to a official Microsoft source yet, so we cannot prove it's genuine.

01.) The Select edition does not need a license, it only requires to be activated.

02.) The Select edition is definitely genuine (and let's not be misguided by somebody who has not even installed the same.)

03.) The Select edition could match the CRC, SHA1 & Hash checksums (provided one knows how to conduct these checksums on a apple-to-apple basis)

04.) The final RTM is 14.0.4763.1000 . . . . . . . period (which members who've actually installed Office 2010 rightly point out) and which is clearly reflected in the 'Programs and features' section (any claim that 14.0.4763.1000 is non-genuine is simply deplorable.)

05.) I'm running the Select edition and had opted to install just the 3 utilities that I use . . . . . Word, Excel & Outlook (any claim that 14.0.4756.1000 is the unified RTM is mis-information.)

The following screenshots highlight the version confusion of the various utilities within Microsoft Office 2010 (any flavor.):-

Word

nehqad.jpg

20h340x.jpg

Excel

11l6bfm.jpg

2e5ihys.jpg

Outlook

1079qg3.jpg

15yt61.jpg

No need to start flaming, using words as "deplorable" in bold. I'm not some 10 years old kid, craving for attention. Deplorable is the theft of the application, in the first place. I use the MSDN activated stuff and these are the numbers across the apps I installed, see picture.

Also, I said that it cannot be verified "yet", that leaves the future open... 

Did you hash check all the files MSDN vs Select? I doubt the match 100%... with these different version numbers.

post-2350-12722884208_thumb.png

Did you hash check all the files MSDN vs Select? I doubt the match 100%... with these different version numbers.

I know select is VL, but I hear MSDN is Retail, if this is true, some files will vary.

In your MDSN ISO what is the name of the *.WW folder? In select, Pro Plus is ProPlus.ww. If its something like ProPlusr.ww, its retail. the r at the end means the install is retail.

If you got your own MSDN key, it don't matter, but if you don't have a key for retail, you need a leaked one just to install, which will likely fail activation. That's why select edition is preferred as you don't need any key for KMS.

MSDN is retail, it needs key to install, it comes as an exe file, not iso... no fix I think available yet, so of course the Select edition is the way to go if you want Office now. And yeah on my HDD Office has the PROPLUSR folder.

No need to start flaming, using words as "deplorable" in bold. I'm not some 10 years old kid, craving for attention. Deplorable is the theft of the application, in the first place.

Hey, no flaming (not only 'deplorable' but the whole sentence is back to normal.)

I use the MSDN activated stuff and these are the numbers across the apps I installed, see picture.

I've used MSDN stuff myself, but I've never dismissed any other source as non-genuine before having done a proper installation & test ride.

Also, I said that it cannot be verified "yet", that leaves the future open...

It can be verified easily

The MSDN is not in my possession since I'd already downloaded the massive 3.5 GB Select. However, the Select contains the entire offering from MSDN as part of it's suite. I'm ever-ready to checksum every component of my Select ISO but it wont serve the purpose (check CODYQX4's response for the reason.)

I apologize also, for having a too strong opinion on a product I haven't tested; Microsoft is guilty for not marketing easy to "fix" products like they used to, making people like us lose precious time in sterile discussions... let's hope the Software Assurance launch tomorrow or even the May/June VL/Retail will bring us a good activation method, so we can forget about it.

Hey Toyo, it's me who owes you an apology for reacting instead of quietly posting all those screenshots (:think: maybe it's Microsoft's fault after all for their shabby versioning.) :D

Been doing some work on my Select ISO. Honestly, it's bloatware and not recommended for the Home User. It's only useful for those handful who depend on this for a livelihood.

The following screenshot of the Select folders might provide an insight to people who're about to install Office 2010. I've deliberately expanded the ProPlus folder for obvious reasons:-

e9bvj4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi to all.

It seems that finally the blue edition of office 2010 (without the need for any activation or serial number) is out. if thats true please someone provide the latest available blue edition of office 2010.

thanks in advance.

Installing Office 2010 had many problems for me! Forced me install Office2007 again !!!

I think ultimate solution introduced was 180-days activation, isn't it??

In pre-activated versions, office can see it is not activated easily, but can not go expire and you see red bar up the Office programs says "Product not activated"+ a NAG at every start of Word or PowerPoint or... which reminds you to activate, you press 'Close" :(

If there is some solution out of these cases, happy to know

Hi to all.

It seems that finally the blue edition of office 2010 (without the need for any activation or serial number) is out. if thats true please someone provide the latest available blue edition of office 2010.

thanks in advance.

:fear: Suggest you don't get scammed into installing the Blue edition of any Office (2010/2007.) In the longer run the Blue edition has always been an epic loser.

What's wrong with this Blue ed? Never heard of it, but there are some DVDs with Office on Technet&MSDN that were not there... 

So, why isn't it recommended? What's different...

And how is it activated?

Installing Office 2010 had many problems for me! Forced me install Office2007 again !!!

For Office 2010 to install properly, Office 2007 needs to be un-installed completely. If you've had problems you can try cleaning up Office 2007 uninstallation.

I think ultimate solution introduced was 180-days activation, isn't it??

In pre-activated versions, office can see it is not activated easily, but can not go expire and you see red bar up the Office programs says "Product not activated"+ a NAG at every start of Word or PowerPoint or... which reminds you to activate, you press 'Close" :(

If there is some solution out of these cases, happy to know

There're many solutions to activate your Office 2010 but at the moment, none are refined enough. You may rearm your copy of Office 2010 until a more permanent solution is devised.

What's wrong with this Blue ed? Never heard of it, but there are some DVDs with Office on Technet&MSDN that were not there...

So, why isn't it recommended? What's different...

And how is it activated?

toyo, the Blue edition is pre-activated and hence tends to fail in the longer run (as was experienced during Office 2007.). Office 2010 activation is somewhat similar (not identical) to Windows Se7en activation. We've also witnessed the pre-activated BIE installations (Windows Se7en) take a beating . . . . . . . subsequently.

I wouldn't know... I modded my BIOS, installed WAT and all is OK... very annoying that Office 2010 has not such a proper activation method... 

LeetPirate

I wouldn't know... I modded my BIOS, installed WAT and all is OK... very annoying that Office 2010 has not such a proper activation method...

The only working method so far is the KMS server emulation activator. I used it on the volume license edition of office 2010 and it seems to be holding up nicely. Only problem is some AV detects the KMService as "malware" but its a false positive. I uninstalled the KMS Server after I activated Office and it remains activated so far, I have no clue if it might eventually get unactivated, possibly through Microsoft Updates.

Hmmm... I have the MSDN version activated, took just two files to replace (after installing with some leaked serial) and there it was, all functional and OK. I already used Word and Excel for some extensive runs and all works as it should. I understand that this method didn't work for some people. Maybe someone will come with a genuine method to fix the MSDN stuff for good. Anyway, grats to the Microsoft team responsible for Office 2010 protection.

PsychoticxBloodxLust

see for me i have a legit serial as i work at a local college and all ready have 2 serials for office 2010, and as with 2007 there are 2 ways for auto activation you have custom xml which is annoying or you can use a nice GUI interface all you have have to do is extract the cd into a folder on your PC the open up command promt and run a simple command to create a custom file and for me i jus ttossed inot the office 2007 updates folder after slipstreaming sp2 then burned my DVD and all i do is pop it in a compter and it does a silent install. never palyed with XML cause i hate codeing and only do it if i must

as of 5/18/2010 they have released the pro plus x64/x86 DVD just can't find a torrent lol

and as usual cause i'm just a work study i can't get acess to the MSDN account and download the .iso myself.

possible you could help direct me jalaffa

Note: next person to message me asking for the serial will get reported to a mod, I will not risk my job

The untouched ISOs are uploaded on PB, you can search for them. I personally checked the CRC/SHA1.

As for the Blue edition, it's all bullshit, there isn'n such thing, it's only a concotion to be sold to naives on illegal warez selling sites, the ones that sell you soft that's allready available on P2P. So no official Microsoft Office Blue Edition out there, just a preactivated VLK version

PsychoticxBloodxLust

The untouched ISOs are uploaded on PB, you can search for them. I personally checked the CRC/SHA1.

As for the Blue edition, it's all bullshit, there isn'n such thing, it's only a concotion to be sold to naives on illegal warez selling sites, the ones that sell you soft that's allready available on P2P. So no official Microsoft Office Blue Edition out there, just a preactivated VLK version

i can't find the one uploaded to msdn on 5/18

Office Professional Plus 2010 (x86 and x64) - DVD (English) 5/18/2010

File Name: en_office_professional_plus_2010_x86_x64_dvd_515529.iso

Date Published (UTC): 5/18/2010 3:50:34 PM

Last Updated (UTC): 5/18/2010 3:50:34 PM

SHA1: C9A8C94328168041E09B3F4A9A529F6A1945C270

ISO / CRC: 0BCBB624

"Microsoft Office 2010 Collections May 2010 - Technet Untouched", 25 Gb or something. It's fourth entry from top if you search the PB. I verified the Office iso and Visio. There is no activation, just the images.

Archived