Office 2010 now available on MSDN/TechNet

nsane.forums

I recall reading on one of the technical sites (can't remember which) that they tested and x64 version was faster at dealing with large files, not just large excel files. As for me, I don't use any plugins in Office that don't work with x64 and I've been using the x64 beta for many months with no problems, so I'm going x64 all the way with the final, which I already installed and activated (Technet subscriber).

The only thing I'm missing is the final version of Outlook Connector. The version that Wizor posted doesn't install/work without errors even though I used the x64 specific version. So I'm still using the Beta of the Connector plug in which Office (final version) itself still points to when it tells you you need it.

• Replies 82
  • Views 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alix90 said that Ravi's patch worked great on Office 2010 RTM.

Yeah It works wonders here!

To confirm im just going to figure out how to send a caption here :sneaky:

QN750.jpg

I figured out how to set up Outlook to work with my *@live email addresses w/o even installing the buggy connector plugin so I'm pretty happy with how the final version of Outlook 2010 x64 is working for me now. It's just about perfect. Loads really fast too on my i7 quad core CPU based laptop.

@anuraag You can use KMS host serial but i guess it's already blacklisted

@anuraag You can use KMS host serial but i guess it's already blacklisted

The key used by KMS is the default key for Office, I don't think they can blacklist it.

Also, realize that there is currently no OGA for Office 2010, there is only the Office SPP, and activation. OSPP accepts KMS in place of activation, and nothing exists currently to tell it that its been tricked by fake KMS server.

There probably won't even be updates for Office 2010 for awhile, Win 7 updates from WU were rare until GA, which is June for Office I think.

You can use this link to download the 22/04/2010 RTM builds. Both x86 and x64 are included. No keys/fixes as yet.

Site: http://thepiratebay.org/
Sharecode: torrent/5509405/Microsoft_Office_2010_RTM

File Name: en_office_professional_plus_2010_x86_515486.exe
Date Published (UTC): 4/22/2010 8:45:06 AM Last Updated (UTC): 4/22/2010 8:53:18 AM
SHA1: 0E1840BF1AA81077692AF651BEFB75648CD9FAA7
ISO/CRC: 986EB4A1

File Name: en_office_professional_plus_2010_x64_515489.exe
Date Published (UTC): 4/22/2010 8:45:06 AM Last Updated (UTC): 4/22/2010 8:53:14 AM
SHA1: 7C2F2D5F8C273724EEC70A9EFA2DDD800FE3265F
ISO/CRC: BFE0338C

This isn't the RTM (wich build is 4763.1000), this is Pre-RTM and the build is 4760.1000. =/

You can use this link to download the 22/04/2010 RTM builds. Both x86 and x64 are included. No keys/fixes as yet.

Date Published (UTC): 4/22/2010 8:45:06 AM Last Updated (UTC): 4/22/2010 8:53:18 AM

Date Published (UTC): 4/22/2010 8:45:06 AM Last Updated (UTC): 4/22/2010 8:53:14 AM

This isn't the RTM (wich build is 4763.1000), this is Pre-RTM and the build is 4760.1000. =/

What makes you say that? I just double checked the hashes of these files and they match the values on the technet website.

Check it yourself, go to applications then office 2010. ;)

What makes you say that? I just double checked the hashes of these files and they match the values on the technet website.

Check it yourself, go to applications then office 2010. ;)

Well, as far as I know the RTM Build is 4763.1000 and that's what WZOR says. But to confirm this I downloaded and intalled it and checked the build, here it's the screenshot:

buildj.jpg

uhu, they made a pack (4763.1000) with 4760.1000 PRE RTM files.. nothing to worry.. running it here to.

Well this is confusing. If somebody else made their own pack the hashes could never match the ones posted on technet. I think we need to wait for Microsoft to confirm the RTM build number, they have not done that as yet. The wikipedia link says 14.0.4763.1000 but the source they reference does not have this information in any official capacity, the only place I saw the build number posted was in a user comment. :blink:

It would be great if somebody with technet access could check the hashes on the files they have from the official source.

Well this is confusing. If somebody else made their own pack the hashes could never match the ones posted on technet. I think we need to wait for Microsoft to confirm the RTM build number, they have not done that as yet. The wikipedia link says 14.0.4763.1000 but the source they reference does not have this information in any official capacity, the only place I saw the build number posted was in a user comment. blink.gif

It would be great if somebody with technet access could check the hashes on the files they have from the official source.

That's why I asked anyone to say if the exe files from technet are the 14.0.4763.1000 build, since MS has passed this to technet as RTM, it has to be, but I am not clear on that.

For anyone with the technet build, what build is word (should be 14.0.4760) if its the same as WZT release.

The numbers from MSDN/Technet posted by LeetPirate are obviously correct, final and RTM, and you have the guarantee that they come directly from Microsoft. How can you trust more some release group that cooked a "Select" edition that as far as we know might not even exist, and is not even officially released so we can compare the SHA1/CRC.

The numbers from MSDN/Technet posted by LeetPirate are obviously correct, final and RTM, and you have the guarantee that they come directly from Microsoft. How can you trust more some release group that cooked a "Select" edition that as far as we know might not even exist, and is not even officially released so we can compare the SHA1/CRC.

I've just got a few confused when people quote different build numbers (because the look in the about of an app, usually word). I believe the select edition and Technet are both RTM, and therefore they should have the same build numbers.

I prefer the select edition, because some of the other RTM leaks are not VL and therefore need a key at setup (which can't be passed without using a leaked key which won't activate anyway), and they can't be KMS activated.

Mmyeah, the sad thing is the retail version is not yet "fixed". I'll just wait a few weeks to see how the situation is developing... and when I have both Office (+ Visio) 2010 and Adobe CS5 working in a stable, updateable manner I'll do a fresh re-install of Windows 7... that's the plan, anyway. 

The pirates seem to have a harder and harder job at passing modern games/apps defenses...

I think the whole issue is that every website kept quoting the build number as 14.0.4763.1000 when Microsoft didn't make any statements about what is the final RTM version number. The only place I saw that build number was in a comment posted by some dude named oliver, lol he could be anyone. It would be totally funny if everyone else just believed this oliver person without trying to verify anything and that's how we ended up with this problem. :D I'm waiting to see the official statements from Microsoft. As for now I would prefer to trust the SHA1 hashes posted on MSDN subscriber downloads.

Sometimes those small differences in build numbers only account for insignificant things like the type of keys it could accept and the licensing methods but there is no way to tell for sure. What exactly is this select edition about?

Look I added this to the Wikipedia entry, LOL.

The RTM files available on the MSDN downloads page were published as executable (.exe) files instead of traditional disc images (.iso).[30] When installed, the version is 14.0.4760.1000, which is contrary to the rumoured 14.0.4763.1000. The final RTM version number has not yet been confirmed by Microsoft in any official statements or publications.[31]

That is Word's Build Number, the confusion is being caused because everyone gets the number from word, every screenshot on the net has been from word that I have seen when concerning the number.

If you go to Programs & Features, you will see 14.0.4763.1000 as the version for Office if you've installed the RTM build.

But you are right, nowhere has MS actually mentioned the build number, but they said they RTM'd and TechNet has the same build numbers as WZT Select edition, so I have no doubts that the TechNet and WZT Select are RTM.

Well, I saw in lots of reliable sites the build 4763.1000, but to be sure of it I just sent an email to a guy I "know" who is subscriber of MSDN/Technet (I'm not sure wich one he's subscriber, but the files should be the same) and I hope have a answer very soon, so when I get the answer I'll put here the build.

Ps: sorry if my english isn't that good, it's been a really long time I don't practice.

That is Word's Build Number, the confusion is being caused because everyone gets the number from word, every screenshot on the net has been from word that I have seen when concerning the number.

If you go to Programs & Features, you will see 14.0.4763.1000 as the version for Office if you've installed the RTM build.

But you are right, nowhere has MS actually mentioned the build number, but they said they RTM'd and TechNet has the same build numbers as WZT Select edition, so I have no doubts that the TechNet and WZT Select are RTM.

This explains alot. The real place to check is in Programs and Features as you pointed out. :rolleyes: Ok I adjusted the stuff I added to Wikipedia, lol.

Ok I'm still wondering what the select version has in comparison to the professional plus edition. Anyone knows?

This explains alot. The real place to check is in Programs and Features as you pointed out. rolleyes.gif Ok I adjusted the stuff I added to Wikipedia, lol.

Ok I'm still wondering what the select version has in comparison to the professional plus edition. Anyone knows?

Select Edition Has Pro Plus, Visio Premium, Project (Pro & Standard), Office 2010 Standard Suite (Has less apps included than Pro Plus), and every app individually.

A waste of space, IMO, Pro Plus includes everything but Visio and Project (Project Pro is better than Standard). If you install the apps individually, you'd need a key and activation for all of them, and each app backs up stuff to MSOCache, including files common to all apps, so installing them individually is a waste of space and activations.

You can just set any app/feature you don't want (EX: OneNote), in the customize screen for Pro Plus and decide what apps to install. This way they make a smaller backup to MSOCache, and only need one serial.

I slimmed Select down to Pro Plus, Visio, and Project Plus and released, and it turns out you can add the Proofing tools to it as well, which is a little more complicated.

Archived