DVD Backup

Guest drymosphilos

Guest drymosphilos

:yes: :P :yes: :beg: :D :D so, as u can c from the emoticons, i'm asking 4 a little help here :

what, in u guys' opinions, is the best way 4 me 2 go about backing-up dvds?

had a go at ultraiso & dvd-decrypter, seemed to sort-of work 4 1 dvd but not 4 another! this is difficult 4 a newbie like me but i s'pose i'd get the hang of it if i tried often enough...

i'm particularly interested in nsane's view, especially as u have put slysoft app.s on your app.s-page mate.

info on both sampling & exact copying appreciated, even tho' i prefer exact copies :D

• Replies 8
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:yes:  :P  :yes:  :beg:  :D  :D so, as u can c from the emoticons,  i'm asking 4 a little help here :

had a go at ultraiso & dvd-decrypter, seemed to sort-of work 4 1 dvd but not 4 another! this is difficult 4 a newbie like me but i s'pose i'd get the hang of it if i tried often enough...

i'm particularly interested in nsane's view, especially as u have put slysoft app.s on your app.s-page mate.

info on both sampling & exact copying appreciated, even tho' i prefer exact copies :D

dvd shrink works great and you will need dvd43 to bypass copy protection... or ..any dvd

DVD2SVCD can make DVDs, tho, you'll need Cinema Craft Encoder v2.5x (or 2.67 with the latest DS2RoBa, which has no website atm), which is a paid product. but, you can get both versions off eMule, i'll post a hash for you later :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
:blink:  :shy:  :lol:  :beg:  :lol:  :think: so, as u can c from the emoticons,  i'm asking 4 a little help here :

info on both sampling & exact copying appreciated, even tho' i prefer exact copies :lol:

DVD shrink seems to be the easiest program to operate i have tried quite a few and dvd shrink seems to always outshine them all for ease of use and how fast it does the job. DON"T forget to have dvd43 or anydvd running in the background when you use any copy program tho

I'd also highly recommend using Auto Gordian Knot (or AutoGK) with DVD Decrypter. Digital Digest has a wealth of guides that cover everything you'll ever need including the method I've recommended above.

Hope this helps :lol:

Guest Hocus

Thanks for useful info guys,

i just newbie at DVD stuffs i just got a 6-in-one combo drive last week and i havent really used it that much since. im going to try these programs tonight.

so thanks again :lol:

Personally, If im backup DVD-9 to DVD-4, I use DVDdecryptor to decrypt the DVD and then DVDShrink to get the data to fit a single layer disk.

As for ripping to AVI, I use DVDdecryptor (duh) and then Dr.DivX to get it to AVI (700MB ~good quality and fits a single CD).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest drymosphilos

Excellent advice guys,

sorry it's been so long to reply to your help, university studies...

will get on to d'loading & trying the softwares now!

THANKS!!! :( :(

will let u know how i go :lol:

Archived