Eset Nod 32 Fix does not work!

Guest nod32-user

Yes people, you've guested right. It was softex.

I didn't mention this because they indeed have or should I say had a clean apps reputation :P

I thought I would let nsane decide whether he would post the site's location or not. Maybe he wanted to contact the admin of this site to ask him to put up the right fix. So we don't have to worry when we visit his site.

But I haven't heard anything yet so I can't tell anything more.

Stay safe,

1+1=FG ;) ;)

• Replies 79
  • Views 54.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
huh... u sure that is case... ? they were having quite clean apps reputation :blink:

Course I'm 'sure'! Just visit the site yourself & read the thread...

Obvious mishap :blink: , "infected" fixes hapens due to the nature of them, but if (once again if) that was the case- I am well surprised :wacko:

on the other hand it- u should enjoy nsane's fix from nsane's site :blink:

9down used to be quite good, but now it just seems to be going downhill... and FAST!

They seem to post random stuff amongst apps.... like Realtek drivers.... publicly available betas (firefox etc)... and just take a look at the comments to see what kinda people visit that site (90% seem to have an IQ lower than 4 and almost EVERY thread turns into a childish flamewar.... mixed up with some TOTALLY random requests/adverts for other apps) lol

Good example: http://www.9down.com/story.php?sid=7724

Guest WingDog

Hi!

I have a question about NOD32.Fix 1.9

how to make unattend install of it? :blink:

I've made /silent install of NOD32 and want to apply FIX automaticaly.

is it available?

thanks!!

• 1 month later...

The Fix was not working on my computer and I found out why.

As nsane said, I edited scheduled tasks and regedit's workdirectory was c:\programs\S|curit| (I like to have my program files clean and every app is sorted). I install NOD32 in Sécurité; accents got replaced with sort-of pipes (probably unrecognized char though). I put the correct path by hand, ran the task and voilà!

However my path should be OK since "é" are parts of ASCII.

What I advise it to use the same folder as regedit.exe so you don't even have to put a work directory.

:)

• 6 months later...
actually, some XP users do have a problem with the fix (only confirmed it recently -- thanks Edmond Dantes). i'm still trying to find the direct cause tho, but there is a workaround for it ;)

in NOD32 go to System Tools > Schedular/Planner and edit each FiX entry to look like the following on the very last screen...

nod32fix_1.png

...reboot and enjoy ;)

edit: maybe someone here can tell me, what is that requires some WinXP builds to use regedt32.exe and others use regedit.exe for command line registry importing? :)

Hello Nsane can you reupload the picture or give instructions as i also am getting 30 day trial version after applying fix version 2.2 on version 2.70.39.

ThankYou.

JunkInternetMail

Uninstall fix + NOD.

Reboot.

INstall NOD.

DO NOT REBOOT.

Install fix.

Reboot immediately.

NOD will update in a few minutes after reboot.

This also DOES work with VISTA!

junkinternetmail wrote

This also DOES work with VISTA!

Hmm..NOD32 v2.70.39 plus nSane Fix 2.2 ran for

several weeks on Vista. I've just got a NOD pop-

up..

NOD32 has exceeded the trial period by xxxx

(thousands of) days

- Run/Install NOD32/2.70.39

- During installation Push "Set update parameters later".

- Dont`t reboot when installation complete.

- Run/Install NOD32 FiX v2.2.exe (Trail(30) =To= Unlimted Days)

- Dont`t reboot when installation complete.

- Go to the installation folder of NOD32, usually C:\Program Files\Eset, you will see nod32fix.reg (It's a registry entry for NOD32).

- Double left click nod32fix.reg. It will ask you whether you want to add the entry, just click on yes then click on OK.

- Now Restart your PC.

- Now you have the unlimited version of NOD32.

hey strangest thing i installed the nod32 and fix 2.2 just like stated above on my old comp to try it out (win XP) but when i installed it the same way on my other comp (windows xp Sp2) the fix doesn't function correctly. it just keeps searchn through the servers when trying to update and shows an error message saying unable to connect :(. Anyone know how to fix? ive already tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail

• 2 weeks later...

hello also tapeworm the problem but when adding exe NOD32.FiX.v2.2-nsane and nod32Fix.reg to the exclusion list I am solved the problem ...

• 2 weeks later...
--=CHUCKY=--

I installed the program at the end i didn't reboot

Installed nsane fix 2.2 and reboot

(didn't click the nod32Fix.reg)

No problems here with updating

NOD32.jpg

hi everyone!

i've recently installed nod32 + fix on my computer, everything was fine for a few days (updates and all) but now when i get update messages it says username and password are incorrect so i can't update nod32.

can anyone help me?

thank you all

I wonder if the scheduling part is the issue. Could THEY be resetting the schedule portion of the fix? This is easily tested by isolating the reg file, removing the fix and writing some crude batch files at run the reg file after a certain point on restart.

Not having any issues myself.

If 2.3 is close then why mess with a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah just hoping for a working link for this or for 2.3 ;) I had this setup on like 3 comptuers for friends - seems to have stopped working on all of them.

Keep up the good work though :)

~Fizz

Archived