Video Players

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Dear Readers,

I was wondering... After my time with playing different video formats.. finally taken notice to how some video formats play extremely... 'skippy' on Media Player Classic and play smoothly on let's say VLC Player... But in turn some Video formats don't work properly(No Audio) for VLC and for MPC works except it skips around.

Best example that I can give is... .TS

MPC=> Audio plays smoothly, but Video skips/lags

VLC=> USUALLY plays smoothly, and on certain .TS files tehre is no audio but video still plays smoothly.

And I am not too sure if this has anything to do with Codecs... And if so I use K-Lite Mega Codec if that makes any difference...

So I am not too sure as to what my Question is except for... Is there a way I can resolve this Video Skipping/Lagging in MPC? As I want to just stick to one Player (MPC) without needing multiple video players...

And to add.. .TS => HD(1080i) Videos... I am sure you all knew that though haha. Thanks

• Replies 20
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

try doing this in MPC, go to...

View > Options > Playback > Output

...and check the "DirectShow Video" setting. if it's set to VMR9 (renderless) try setting it to VMR7, or if it's already on VMR7 try setting it to the Overlay Mixer (you won't be able to use subtitles with this one tho) ;)

also, did you choose to use FFDshow when installing the KLCP? you can tell by looking for its icon in your system tray when viewing a video...

SacredCultivator

Hmm I tried switching to VMR7 and I do notice the skipping/laggign is slightly reduced but is still there... and can't really do Overlay Mixer as well most of the things I watch are subtitled...

As for the FFDShow yes I have that installed (When installing the Codec Package, I practically have everything selected =X haha... so if that coudl be the problem.. woops and best to let me know which things I need to Install.

PS: Thanks for helping.

SacredCultivator

Haha because nSane is Insanely smart like that haha... But yeah still awaiting a reply as this problem still annoying me ><

Try Gom Player

Use 2.0.6 .. some issues with 2.0.9 some settings do not get saved...

Install KLite Mega Codec pack...

Never had any issues playing any format of file yet...

SacredCultivator

Hmm never heard of that player.. But I will give it a try...

And also... For KLIte Mega Codec Pack..

What are the recommended settings? Because as mentioned above I always selct just about everything, but when nSane asked if I installed FFDShow yeah made me a little bleh.

Thanks for the information and I shall test it.

Too bad 2.0.9 is the only one available >< that link takes to 2.0.9

yeah, sorry, kinda forgot about ya for a day or two (trying to finish a few things that piled up on me here) :sneaky:

any ways, directshow might be able to handle the format and it's codec better. so open one of the files you're having problems with in MPC, go to "file > properties > details" and try to remember the video's FOURCC (xvid, divx, dx50, mp4x, h264, etc)...

Video: XVID 640x432 23.98fps [stream 00]

now open your FFDShow options panel: Start > Programs > KLCP > Configuration > ffdshow > video decoder. and on the very top menu, Codecs, look for the format that matches your video file and set it to disabled :)

SacredCultivator

Heehe that is alright that you were busy.

But I tried what you said... and that didn't seem to make any difference at all =/

what formats are the video and audio? just post the info displayed from the MPC screen i mentioned above (where you got the fourcc). you could also open the file in gspot to get a bit more info...

Start > Programs > KLCP > Tools > GSpot Codec Info.

SacredCultivator

Alright I hope I am posting the right information... Following are the ones that give me the most problems.

Video: MPEG2 Video 1920x1080 29.97fps 24000Kbps

Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 6ch 320Kbps [Audio]

Subtitle: DVD Subpicture [subtitle]

Video: MPEG2 Video 1920x1080 29.97fps 20000Kbps

Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 256Kbps [Audio]

Video: Windows Media Video 9 1280x720 29.97fps 12488Kbps [Raw Video 0]

Audio: Windows Media Audio 48000Hz stereo 192Kbps [Raw Audio 1]

So yeah... not too sure, hopefully that helps.. if not let me knows.

well, they are running at 30fps so it could be a bad pulldown/telecine/interlacing job (happens). i mean, it doesn't seem to be an codec problem as they differ from file to file. and you don't have any problems playing other HD resolution files do you?

also, what display type are you using -- PAL or NTSC? because the differing refresh rates could cause some stuttering aswell (ie. playing a NTSC file with a PAL refresh rate or vice-versa) :)

SacredCultivator

Emmm how to check which display type is being used? As I am unsure on that one...

So in conclusion it is something that has to do with the ripping of the video? Because yes most other HD Res. videos work (Funny though as most are fromt he same person)...

Maybe you can try... Here is a link to dl it. asdf

There should still be plenty of seeders...

\

PS: Thought this might help to..

Here are the Info for a few .TS /HD files that work normally:

Video: DIVX 1080x1080 25.00fps 8601Kbps [Video 0]

Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 48000Hz stereo 320Kbps [Audio 1]

Video: MPEG2 Video 1440x1080 (16:9) 29.97fps 20000Kbps

Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 190Kbps [Audio]

Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 184Kbps [Audio]

Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 184Kbps [Audio]

SacredCultivator

Well it seems I just clicked 'System Default' for the DirectShow Video thingy and that seemed to solve the problem.. but then in doing that.. is there a difference of anythign as I din't select VMR9?

EDIT: Ahhh that only solved the problem on PC as it doesn't transfer over to TV when I want to watch things via TV >< And yeah.. back to the same problem again.. blehs...

SacredCultivator

I apologize for the bumps but i googled and came across this HDTV Pump but then it didn't seem to help me at all when it came to MPC, but on Windwos Media Player 10.. It did smootht he playback nicely but then no audio ><

yeah, i haven't been able to find a reason for it. but, if i were to guess, i'd say it seems to be files using MPEG2 video greater than 1440 wide (ie. the 1920 files). which could mean you simply don't have enough processing power to play them (23MB/s for video is ALOT of data) :\

what kind of hardware are you using (graphics card, etc)? upgraded your directx or hardware drivers lately?

SacredCultivator

Bah lol I forget some of this information but from System Properties:

AMD Athlon 64 Process 3000+

1.87Ghz

1GB DDR RAM

Nvidia GeForce 6600GT

Ehh most things should be up to date...

Specs seem more than enough...

would that file only play on Media Player or VLC ?

Plz try some other player....

I had issues where some formats sometimes work(choppy) on VLC but not on GOM

and sometimes other file format which do not work(choppy) on VLC but does so on GOM...

and by the way I hope you have Klite codec.. I perfer klitemegacodec version 1.59

SacredCultivator

I have tried a few players...

GOM- Played Video SMOOTHLY but no sound

MMP 10- Played Smoothly(After installing HDTVPump) but no sound

MPC- Choppy with sound(smooth)

BSPlayer- Played video choppy and with sound(smooth)

VLC- Choppy and with sound(smooth)

And yes I do have KLite Mega Codec 1.59 Installed.

Edit; Alright.. I tried out VLC again and just started messing around with allt he settings.. and somehow I got it to work lol.. but not my only MINOR complaint about it is... Is there anyway to make it SAVE settings. by means that whenever I play a file it will remember to set the window/video size to FILL the screen? rather than having me manually right click-> Aspect Ratio 4:3 everytime? because that is annoying.. And also even at 4:3 there are gaps on the top and bottom and I was wondering if that can be like MPC and stretch to full screen?

SacredCultivator

UPDATE:

Okay I am stupid but my problem was fixed and I just had to update my Video Cards Driver to a Beta one and that is where my problem came in again..

Explanation: Fix: Used Nvidia PureVideo(Standalone) and CCCP and added the Nvidia Filters into MPC and then in my Properties->Settings->Video Card-> Full Screen Video-> Put Secondary Display(TV) on{As default is Off}. And there we go problem solved my videos didn't play all choppy and I didn't need to change my Resolution on Monitor (1280x1024) to see everything perfectly on my tv that plays at (1024x768) which in the past I had to change my Monitor res everytime I played via tv....

K and then I installed the dumb beta driver that features "Pure Video" and that is when the problem came...

And after uninstalling it reinstalling it (The Standalone Nvidia PureVideo and the Driver) I am stuck at my problem...

Problem: When I watch my videos on TV.. there are Black Gaps.. Depending on Files Extension(.TS/.AVI). For .TS files the gaps would be at the top and bottom (Almost as if I am watching WideScreen), and for .AVI files, the gaps are on the left and right. Of course... If I usemy TV Remote and change the Format, .TS=>Expand, .AVI=>Zoom, then they look just fine but that is a hassle and I don't want to do that as I didn't have to before i installed the dumb beta driver... And the settings within MPC were unchanged so it isn't like I changed anything on that to make it this way as things stayed the same as when it worked just fine.

So I am left at... What might have caused this to happen? When I uninstalled/reinstalled the Video Card Drivers I used DriveCleaner Pro, so I am sure it rid the driver... Not too sure if anyone has a clue as to what my problem is.. but if you do your help is greatly appreciated thank you.

PS: If it makes any difference, this is my TV. Just look at the Product Specifications (.PDF) if it helps.

SacredCultivator

Again I apologize for yet another bump.

Update: Seems that everything is working the way it is supposed to except for the fact that, 'OverScan' seems to be the problem now.. Because if I use for example: MultiRes, it displays correctly on my TV except the bottom part is 'stretched' meaning there is supposed to be more things displayed but aren't.. and people elsewhere are saying that maybe TV has/doesn't have... overscan? but I am inexperienced with that and a few said that NVidia Control Panal supposed to have an option to correct that but I don't see it anywhere...

Archived