'Free' Microsoft web apps

apcmiller

p2pnet.net News:- Microsoft is planning "free"online versions of its word processing and spreadsheet programs. And you know what "free" means ------- even more advertising, and they'll try to get into your wallet next time around.

"The move is seen as a rebuff to Google and others which already offer free versions of these types of programs," says the BBC.

"The free programs are likely to be based on Microsoft's Works software suite that is often installed on low-cost home PCs."

And, "If you believe Google and Microsoft, small business salvation is at hand. Both have recently launched free - yes, that's right, free - services for small businesses," points out TechWeb.

"Google offers Google Apps For Your Domain, while Microsoft has its Microsoft Office Live Basics. Both services are currently in beta, and both in essence function as loss leaders, because both Google and Microsoft will offer fuller featured for-pay versions of the services. (Microsoft offers Office Live Collaboration for $29.95 per month and Office Live Essentials for $29.95 per month, while Google has not yet announced the name and pricing of its for-pay service.)"

There's no set date for when small businesses will be saved.

P2PNet News

• Replies 3
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

idk if anyone else agrees with me, but i never trust anything from microsoft that is "free". there is always some kind of catch involved.

Thunder-GOLD
idk if anyone else agrees with me, but i never trust anything from microsoft that is "free". there is always some kind of catch involved.

:lol:

the only thing that microsoft gives completely free is : to visiting their Website.

We can visit their website completely free....!!! thing that I never do. :sneaky:

you got that right.if its free it will hurt.

Archived