Outpost e-mails Comodo

Wheelie4

• Replies 11
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the competition between these two firewalls.

Outpost fans here but I admitted that comodo personal improved in the latest three release.

Outpost fans here but I admitted that comodo personal improved in the latest three release.

partly off subject quesiton. is COMODO any good?

ive tried it.. i dont know much about firewalls but i know comodo doesnt make my comp freeze like outpost 4.0 lol

ive tried it.. i dont know much about firewalls but i know comodo doesnt make my comp freeze like outpost 4.0 lol

shit. outpost 3.5 was the bsod for me.

Latest version is pretty darn good. Passes all leak tests so far.

Latest version is pretty darn good. Passes all leak tests so far.

it did surprise outpost in the email posting on comodo's furom ^_^

Like Wheelie said, it passes all leak test with default setting. Outpost does with some tweaks.

shit. outpost 3.5 was the bsod for me.

That's weird. Many complaint about bsod while using Outpost 4.x RC. As far as I know the cause is self protection that will be introduced in final version of Outpost 4.

This feature has been running smoothly with CPF.

That's weird. Many complaint about bsod while using Outpost 4.x RC. As far as I know the cause is self protection that will be introduced in final version of Outpost 4.

This feature has been running smoothly with CPF.

outpost website notes all versions of their firewall can cause bsod. they just dont tell you how to fix it. wanting you send a message about it and not help afterwards. all i know is after uninstalling mine i havent had a problem since. installed comodo after reading this thread and looking into their website. its the first one to ever stop napster (and the others) calling when one uses wmp to watch a movie or song. no more having to put http on block in pg2.

Comodo has done an impressive job with CPF. Still needs some tweaking like more advanced rules configuration.

Agree with more advanced rules and network configuration. I miss rules creation on the fly, I have to use default rule first for web browser, for instance, and then go to appliaction rule tab to change specific application.

Archived