Torrent Application

Kavu

whats the best torrent application cause ive ben using utorrent and well it works fine i gues but it takes up a hellalot of bandwitch and slows my itnernet speed right down to nothing even when there a file geting maybe 1 kb a second and same with up to 700kb ;)

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well my connection is cable i usualy get 700 kb a sec on downloads :/ and i think i set utorrent to 756kb or 1 mb

utorrent is not your problem i have it on 24/7 and my connection which is 3/2 DSL never gives me any issues.

what seems to kill my speed more than anything else is my upload not download...so, if your connection is cable and your downloading at 700 kilobytes/sec your advertised speed is probably 5 or 6 megabits/sec and 2 megabits/sec up so try setting your upload speed to 150 kilobytes/sec. (a hundred or so below max)

P.S. Cable SUCKS......cable internet is a shared connection with everyone else in your loop that has cable internet so during peak hours your connection is going to take a crap.

P.P.S. Try FIOS internet from verizon ,if its available in your area, 15 megabits a second down 2 up on a dedicated fiberoptic line for probably less than what your paying for cable access. (I sell the stuff its blows most service providers in the US out of the water)

well i had verizon dsl befor and it was more expensive then my cable and was alot slower i never got more then 300kb a sec

yeah thats because dsl is 3/2 and cable is 5(6)/2. FiOS (if its available in your area) is 15/2 for 40 or 45 bucks a month. FiOS has 30/5 speed too but the price jumps considerably. FiOS will eventually be available everywhere verizon has local phone service, but at 5 or 6 billion dollars a year to roll it out they can only go so fast.

ah well not available for my city in new york i was gona get it to :sneaky: and your right about that price jump 44 dollers to 179 wow lol

if your upload is really that low you should set your max upload to 30k thats probably why your internet freezes up when you download on utorrent. Rule that i use is max up divided by 8 (kilobit to kilobyte conversion) times .7 rounded down to the nearest 10.

P.S. yeah FiOS isnt avaible in a lot of places yet but keep your eyes out for it they are really rolling it out as fast as they can. Rollout actually means running spools of new cable through any area they want it to be available in and ripping up whole streets to do it. Price jump from 15 to 30 is really steep, i told you, I dont even like to mention the price to customers unless we get to the point where i can tell they really will use that much speed. FiOS is the Sh*t though, and Fios TV kicks cables a** so keep yourself on the mailing list. I've been on the list for 3 years now and dont really expect to get it soon its harder when you live in an apartment complex. FiOS is the future though pure fiberoptic TV, Internet, and phone. I could go on for hours about it, I have several manuals a couple of hundred pages thick on it so i'll quit now.

Archived