strange 127.0.0.1 connection

toyo

guys, from time 2 time, (didnt notice til now anything specific 2 trigger these events) my comp tries 2 connect 2 127.0.0.1 (antihacker from KIS 2006 tells me that) , which it labels as "serial alcohol home" or something since alcohol installed on my system. connection occur at different programs, like opera or yahoo mess updater. since this isnt normal behaviour 4 them, KIS announces me that with a popup asking me 2 allow or block these programs, trying to connect to myself, lol, 127.0.0.1 I know that at a given time, kaspersky saw the activator in the alcohol package as a trojan, webroot spy sweeper saw that 2 but in its BHO section or something. anyway, my sys is clean i guess, no akward connections or activity, but this strange connection some programes trying 2 establish 2 127.0.0.1

any opinions will be much appreciated, thank u

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

127.0.0.1 = Your Computer

Alchohol 120% checks the serial number everytime it's started. Its obvious you've used some crack to redirect the checking to your computer (ie... so it can't check its server to see if the serial is bad/ good). If a program is listening to 127.0.0.1 its usually nothing to worry about.

yea, obviously, used only wat i supposed 2 be using. know wat i mean :) ?

i know wat 127.0.0.1 is, rofl. the problem wit opera, think i solved, i disabled proxy servers. so the crack does that, hmm, but then why are other progs and not alcohol trying 2 connect?

i append a screenshot here, from yahoo autoupdater and opera, even though opera i think i solved.

and why 127.0.0.1 is called serial.alcohol... etc instead of my comp's name? the alcohol crack did that 2? changed my name on the net 2 look like that 2 fool the program trying 2 verify a serial or something?

thx lite 4 answering

here's the screenshot:

picsn7.jpg

it's reading the entries from your HOSTS file and listing them as such (nothing to worry about) ;)

%windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts - open that with notepad to see every domain being redirected and to what IP...

ok, im not worried, just want 2 get rid of this popups from antihacker without adding a new rule 4 the apps that do that stuff.

and, btw, opened my hosts file like u said, guess wat? empty... at least from wat i know, this is is just talking in the file, cos of the # symbol in front

here's wat's in my hosts file:

# Copyright © 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.

# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each

# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should

# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.

# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one

# space.

# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual

# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.

# For example:

# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server

# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

ant thx nsane 4 replying

glad u back in bizzniss ;)

incredible, after dissapearing 4 a period, the popups r back again, i deleted the entire hosts folder, they still appear. its very annoying that i dont know wat 2 do

could it be that this is related 2 proxy switcher pro?

i say this coz the opera popups r gone after i pressed F12 in opera and disabled proxies...

Why don't you just block any outbound connection of Alcohol120 with AntiHacker?

If I'm correct, alcohol have one process that start with os called star.....(sorry i forgot) Block this process with proactive in KIS2006

sorted it out

alcohol was never the culprit, neither the crack... when i uninstalled proxy switcher pro, it left the settings in "internet options" modified, so the LAN was configured for sum kinda proxy, stupid programs dont know how 2 uninstall themselves :)

thank u all 4 support

Archived