Welcome to TinyURL!™

Zeus_Hunt

Are you sick of posting URLs in emails only to have it break when sent causing the recipient to have to cut and paste it back together? Then you've come to the right place. By entering in a URL in the text field below, we will create a tiny URL that will not break in email postings and never expires.

An example

Turn this URL:

h**p://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?ovi=1&mqma

p.x=300&mqmap.y=75&mapdata=%252bKZmeiIh6N%252bI

gpXRP3bylMaN0O4z8OOUkZWYe7NRH6ldDN96YFTIUmSH3Q6

OzE5XVqcuc5zb%252fY5wy1MZwTnT2pu%252bNMjOjsHjvN

lygTRMzqazPStrN%252f1YzA0oWEWLwkHdhVHeG9sG6cMrf

XNJKHY6fML4o6Nb0SeQm75ET9jAjKelrmqBCNta%252bsKC

9n8jslz%252fo188N4g3BvAJYuzx8J8r%252f1fPFWkPYg%

252bT9Su5KoQ9YpNSj%252bmo0h0aEK%252bofj3f6vCP

into this tinyURL:

h**p://tinyurl.com/6

Which one would you rather cut and paste into your browser? That's the power of TinyURL!

Redirection to any page in your site!

With TinyURL, you can also make a smaller URL that will work for any page on your site. Let's say that you have a website with the homepage that is at:

h**p://www.my-internet-isp.com/~myusername

Entering that URL into TinyURL will create a URL like

h**p://tinyurl.com/3

With this you can then redirect someone to anywhere within your site by appending a slash and the pages filename to it. So if you have a page at h**p://www.my-internet-isp.com/~myusername...links-page.html, you can use the URL h**p://tinyurl.com/3/my-links-page.html and going to this URL will forward the visitor to the page in your website.

Hide your affiliate URLs

Are you posting something that you don't want people to know what the URL is because it might give away that it's an affiliate link. Then you can enter a URL into TinyURL, and your affiliate link will be hidden from the visitor, only the tinyurl.com address and the ending address will be visible to your visitors.

Pretty Interesting .........

• Replies 5
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No-IP Free allows you to redirect too.

Below is a pic of the free redirct extensions you can choose from.

noip15nw.th.png

No-IP web site

logo.gif

No-IP Free offers an easier way for others to locate you on the Internet. If you want to serve web pages, share MP3s, host Quake, or run any kind of Internet server, you need a name so your users can find you. It's simple. You choose a name for your computer and we tell the world where your computer is located. Even better, we also provide you with a program that notifies us whenever your computer's IP address changes. Instead of being just a number on the Internet, your server is now always available by the same easy-to-remember name.

Get A Name To Remember

The IP addresses used by computers to communicate are difficult to remember. You wouldn't think of accessing yahoo.com, by typing "66.218.71.113" into your browser, would you? With No-IP free, your computer now has a name, not just a numeric address. You can have a server that's just as accessible as the Internet's biggest sites.

Make Your Location Constant

Even better is that your name remains the same, even when your service provider changes your address behind the scenes. Dial-up accounts, and some DSL or cable modem subscribers, often get a different IP address every time they connect. Although this allows your ISP to serve a large number of customers with a small block of addresses, it means that your location on the Internet is always changing. By automatically maintaining the relationship between your fixed name and the changing IP, No-IP Free anchors you in cyberspace.

Shorten Your Favorite Web URLs

Ever wish the URL for your personal website did not resemble www.someisp.com/subscribers/j/s/~jsmith?. With No-IP Free, you can transform this clunker into jsmith.hopto.org.

Accept Mail For Your Domain

An added bonus is that you can have email addresses associated with the domains you create. You can use No-IP Free to direct mail for [email protected] to three mail servers of your own choosing. This allows you to run your own mail server and point to others as backup.

Once you have your own spot on the Internet, you can run a commerce website, publish a rant, hold a forum, serve files, anything you want. No-IP has registered servequake.com, servemp3.com and myvnc.com so that you can create your own subdomains for some common Internet server needs.

No-IP Free Is Ideal If You:

* Are running a web site from a dial-up/dsl/cable connection and need a fixed location on the Internet.

* Want to shorten the URL for existing sites.

* Want a descriptive name for your website without the bother of registering a domain name with an Internet name registrar.

* Need to accept mail for one of your No-IP subdomains.

All this is provided by No-IP's dependable name service back end and, as its name implies is FREE. The service is supported by advertising on our website and by paid services, such as No-IP Enhanced, No-IP+, No-IP Squared and No-IP Mail. If you are interested in these services, have a look at their descriptions.

Guest Blank Space

I used no-ip for my mirror before the host took it down. They were good, they had a good uptime with the redirects too.

theres also has.it which was what I used to use for my k-lite mirror (owns.it) :w00t:

Guest Blank Space
theres also has.it which was what I used to use for my k-lite mirror (owns.it) :w00t:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used it also, but they got sucky and had a lot of downtime after awhile.

Archived