Windows 7 Update - DO NOT INSTALL KB971033

CrAzYNeSs

OK guys, :s

... so I am making this post in hopes that it might help anyone out there expericeing similar problems with this stupid Microsoft WAT KB971033 plaguing users in automatic updates. The version of Windows 7 that I am using is: Windows 7 AIO version (pre-activated) Ultimate x64. So if you read my posts about my g/f accidentally installing Windows updates on my laptop (including KB971033), blah blah and laptop went black screen and Windows became not genuine. So, I downloaded the loader from nivrid05 (link above) and ran it. I chose 'default mode' and 'advanced options' and chose the 'TOSHIBA' from the drop-down emulate list since that is the make of my laptop. (This may differ for others). It installed OK and the loader sucessfully, I rebooted the laptop 2 times and my computer went back to being 'genuine'. I ran the Windows website check here: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/ValidateNow.aspx

ilgd8w.jpg

On the Microsoft website it keeps saying that the validation did not sucessfully complete, but what do they know, lol.

So then I ran the MGADIAG tool and the tool connects to the internet and says that I am genuine, I posted a screenshot to prove this!

29zu0d0.jpg

So I am not sure what to make of it. The stupid website says it can't complete the process, but the MGADIAG TOOL says I am genuine, and the Windows Update works and says I am good to go and up to date!

2j5c8k6.jpg

My desktop and everything is back, Windows says its activated and I am not seeing any NAG screen (yet) ... keeping my fingers crossed to this!! I also DELETED the registry keys because WAT stores your failures and may send them to Microsoft in the future to check for updates, so you can do the same:

START>RUN>REGEDIT (accept UAC) then start REGISTRY EDITOR ....

NAVIGATE TO and DELETE THE FOLDER and KEYS/SUBKEYS (make a reg backup incase you dont know waht your doing) you could really mess up your PC

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Activation Technologies"

delete that folder .. piss on it and burn it

Hopefully this works, I will be checking back here daily for the next few weeks to make sure everything is running smoothly on my computer and see if there are any other solutions. Right now its 3:30am and I been screwing around with WAT for 2 hours now. I am going to bed and hope my laptop will be geniune in the morning. Thanks again to nivrid05 for the files and lets pray this will pass us and we can stay genuine.

G'nite

:frusty:

• Replies 33
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thing your back on track .... don't worry it's genuine now until M$ can think of another way of validation :lol:

Good thing your back on track .... don't worry it's genuine now until M$ can think of another way of validation :lol:

OK, thank you .... for your help ... I really hope so that it is genuine now and the screen will not come back. It is almost 4am now and I will be really tired tomorrow .... I feel really no good :(

I hope this works! Thanks again for your help

G'nite

GINtech Systems

There is a patch that works for this, what i did was removed the updated and downloaded a program called removeWAT22. Here is the download link for it.

site: http://www.mediafire.com/
Sharecode: ?tjyywjymimy

Image is below:

2qcjaz5.png

• Administrator

@GINtech Systems: The link you've posted should be sharecoded. Read the forum rules if you have any doubts. ;)

There is a patch that works for this, what i did was removed the updated and downloaded a program called removeWAT22. Here is the download link for it.

site: http://www.mediafire.com/
Sharecode: ?tjyywjymimy

Image is below:

2qcjaz5.png

I used removeWAT. The windows is not genuine notification disappeared. I wanted to go to control panel> system to check my registration, but it says Failed to load and doesnt display anything. This seems the only part in Control Panel that cannot be loaded.

I used removeWAT. The windows is not genuine notification disappeared. I wanted to go to control panel> system to check my registration, but it says Failed to load and doesnt display anything. This seems the only part in Control Panel that cannot be loaded.

"Remove WAT" removes anything that has to do with windows validation, that's why. This is also the reason I would choose a loader (Daz's) over remove WAT.

Archived