New computer configuration

DKT27

Dont worry about the review. They search for the best overclock and timmings. You dont gonna see any difference in performance.

Thats only for people who wants the best of the best and overclock to the limits. :lol:

• Replies 119
  • Views 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DKT27: I've got Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with 4 GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT card with 512 MB of onboard memory. My memory used plus my Available memory equals 4 GB.

• Administrator

Thanks you both. :)

Tomorrow is the day. :D

You're welcome. :)

I can't wait now to hear about your new computer after you get it. :whistle: :D

good luck dkt !

may the victory be yours !!!:thumbsup:

after all i read in this thread , its no less than a battle strategy designed after some serious consultation with all the veterans !! :battle:

:lol::P

i wonder if everyone plans buying a pc like this :think:

( i know nobody does , just a thought :P )

the thread also solved my purpose ,

me too will be getting a pc shortly ;)

• Administrator

It costs more than I expected. About Rs. 5K more.;)

• Administrator

My whole rig, with a D-Link router and multimedia keyboard + optical mouse, excluding LCD and speakers, It would cost me around US $900. Mainly because it's not easy to get newly arrived or expensive parts in India. Like ATI 5450 costs around $60, it's costing me around $110.

Look at the price of the rig i want in Argentina.

i5 750 + Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P + 2x2GB Gskill ripjaws 1600mhz + PSU Corsair 850w + ATI 5850 Toxic edition = US $1450 :fear:

In PESOS (Argentinian money) its $ 5655 :(

• Administrator

Wow :blink: .

In Indian Rupees it's gonna cost me Rs. 41000. So I beat you in numbers. :P

But yea nice rig. You should also check out Cooler Master PSU. :)

It costs more than I expected. About Rs. 5K more.;)

My whole rig, with a D-Link router and multimedia keyboard + optical mouse, excluding LCD and speakers, It would cost me around US $900. Mainly because it's not easy to get newly arrived or expensive parts in India. Like ATI 5450 costs around $60, it's costing me around $110.

hmmm...

the rig is definitely towards the higher end , but once you will bring it to life ,

m sure it wont disappoint you ( or rather anyone with such custom tailored config ...) ;)

i wont be going for this much a budget but

lets see , what all i finalize ....

;)

• Administrator

I had enough on my current old PC that's why I chose to buy it now. If you can extend the buying to next 3-4months. You may see some price fell down or 6 months to see drastic changes.

Actually this price is soaring because our FM has put heavy taxes for this year on computer parts/technological items. Plus my father told me yesterday that there are some more changes in VAT etc.

I had enough on my current old PC that's why I chose to buy it now. If you can extend the buying to next 3-4months. You may see some price fell down or 6 months to see drastic changes.

Actually this price is soaring because our FM has put heavy taxes for this year on computer parts/technological items. Plus my father told me yesterday that there are some more changes in VAT etc.

right .

what all goes when planning a budget and taxes . we dont know . but that is how it is ...

not so delay ,

i ll be having a month free in a months time ,

so lets see where the prices stand after two months ....

• Administrator

At last I got it. Was busy whole day to go to the city side and then make it. I'll start using it from tomorrow.

Config:

i5-750

Asus P7P55D

Kingston DDR3 KVR1333D3N9/2G-SP(PDF)

Western Digital 500GB

XFX ATI Radeon HD 5450

Cooler Master Extreme 500W

Cooler Master Elite 310

Logitech Internet Pro Desktop

D-Link ADSL 2+ Router GLB-802C

Leet please tell me how's it.

For ATI, I asked them and XFX is the only manufacturer available here for these ATI 5000 graphics cards. Is XFX good?

My router says it has 64MB memory, does it mean 64MB RAM? :unsure:

ANW after making the half of the PC and keeping a close eye on the rest of the making, I am really really impressed with the parts. :)

Man I hate you right now..:lmao: BUT ALAS.. no more BSOD mysteries... that we can't figure out.. tortured by not figuring it out..

One day.. one day I will have something worth having.. I hope..

• Administrator

I'm still sitting on my old PC at 5:40AM in the morning. The BSOD is probably gone by now after SFC. ;)

• Administrator

It's 6AM. And I know that if I start it would take several hours to complete. So I am wishing to sleep a little and then start working on it. BTW I came home with the PC at 1:30AM at night. ;)

:rockon: Congrats DKT27,

So finally your dream is come true. Thanks for jotting down the final configuration - wish you'd mentioned the rates against each item, though.

It's 6AM. And I know that if I start it would take several hours to complete. So I am wishing to sleep a little and then start working on it. BTW I came home with the PC at 1:30AM at night. ;)

Good luck DKT, You must be really excited!

Don't forget that for Win7 you can install the OS and easily enable AHCI mode after you install the drivers. This saves you from having to insert driver discs while installing Win7. Without AHCI mode, none of the new SATA features actually work so you should enable it.

So just install Win7 as normal then download and install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers then you can go into the BIOS and enable AHCI mode. Just need to enable AHCI service in the registry ofcourse. 1 simple action, read here to see what to do.

Don't forget that for Win7 you can install the OS and easily enable AHCI mode after you install the drivers. This saves you from having to insert driver discs while installing Win7. Without AHCI mode, none of the new SATA features actually work so you should enable it.

So just install Win7 as normal then download and install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers then you can go into the BIOS and enable AHCI mode. Just need to enable AHCI service in the registry ofcourse. 1 simple action, read here to see what to do.

Thanks for that information, LeetPirate. :)

I did not install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager yet because I thought it was just for RAID support. I didn't realize it was also for AHCI. However, in Device Manager I see that I already have "Intel® ICH9M/M-E Family 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller - 2929". I suppose Windows 7 installed this because under Driver Details, all four files are provided by Microsoft Corporation and their file versions are all "6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)". I read the article you referred to, How to enable AHCI in Windows 7 RC after installation, but my registry already has that value set. My BIOS doesn't show anything about AHCI. Probably this would be under the Advanced tab in my BIOS, but Sony only shows "Intel® Virtualization Technology" — everything else is hidden.

Since Windows 7 installed AHCI for me, I don't think I need to install Intel Matrix Storage Manager on my Sony laptop. :unsure: Or should I? :unsure:

Archived