Windows XP ...

Guest Kakashi

Guest Kakashi

Hi guys, I formatted my pc today with my legit copy of windows that I got back in 2002 but to my dismay it looks like microsoft is no longer offering updates for Windows XP Pro users under SP1 ... my Windows XP CD sadly only had a plain version of windows before SP1 and SP2

Q: Am i screwed?

Q: Do I have to buy a new copy of windows just to receive the new updates because I was stupid and did my yearly format ?

Q: If I download Windows XP with SP1 or SP2 in it already from a torrent site would my legit copy for plain Windows XP Pro work with the updated copy of Windows XP ? (even tho I hate to do this because you dont know if they put any extra spyware or something in it)

Q: Is there any link or something where I could order a Windows XP SP1 or SP2 CD for free from microsoft?

many thanks for any answers you can provide

- Kakashi

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

happened to me once too, when my windows had to re-activate due to a HDD switch (annoying). ended up having to call their out-sourced tech center and have the dude verify it manually (had to say each letter 3-4 times, could barely understand his accent) ;)

dunno how yer suppost due it with WGA tho, just goes to show you how faulty the whole process is...

• Administrator

Still will need to validate to run Windows Update and access most of microsofts "premium" downloads....

Archived