Office 2010 Fixes & Discussion

Toshiro

@ CODYQX4, I know.. but won't there be any nagging/restrictions?

/Updated main post.

I used RC a couple times on 30 trial. No nags till you run out of days. I hear it nags you after you are out of days, but doesn't disable anything. There will be a solution before you run out of rearms. The mini kms crack has an option to rearm making it easy.

• Replies 411
  • Views 51.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya, I know what the cracks can do :)

Downloading them now at the moment..

Does the mini kms use the official rearm method? or does it crack the rearm giving you unlimited amounts? I want it doing the official method only!

Does the mini kms use the official rearm method? or does it crack the rearm giving you unlimited amounts? I want it doing the official method only!

Appears to use official method.

Thanks a lot for creating a smaller version and removing the unnecessary stuff. ^_^

Im just a little curious tho. On your version, the build number is 14.0.4760.1000 and the the orginal one with everything on is 14.0.4763.1000.

I dont think its anything different, its just that it was kinda interesting.

25189786.png

All those choices bloat the ISO and are redundant since you can install Pro Plus and set any feature/app you don't want to Not Available to not install it.

I made a smaller download, it just includes Pro Plus, Visio, and Project Pro. It saves over 2GB in the ISO. Also less files to DL than any other release on the net. It's on MultiUpload so its mirrored to multiple sites.

This is the 32 bit version and I'll add the 64 Bit (to this post) when I finish DL and UL it

Site: www.multiupload.com/

Codes:

RM6LNS858C

IAOT5VWLMH

CU2BI2CRQF

AUTXAWUPT0

UW662XTS87

BEZ73ZDO3J

Annoying: if you download any Office file like a Word file from the internet, Office won't let you edit it. It gives a big warning about the file being obtained from internet and you have to click on enable editing to edit it, it does remember this setting for that file which is a relief. This must be a security feature but it gets annoying if you have many Office files from internet.

I always use the Sysinternals "streams" command to get rid of that nonsense: Streams v1.56

In my Downloads and Documents directories, I just run

streams -s -d *

from time to time.

EDIT: There's more info on streams here.

I was poking around in the options and you can easily turn off the protection mode for internet downloaded office files, which makes it so much easier now!

Where did you look for the build number? All the apps and even the setup exe have different build numbers. This is normal. Mine is made from the original ISO, so nothing is actually a different version from the larger release.

Where did you look for the build number? All the apps and even the setup exe have different build numbers. This is normal. Mine is made from the original ISO, so nothing is actually a different version from the larger release.

Aha Alright. Well i looked in the help option inside of Word and outlook which showed the build number 4760.100.

Links provided by CODYQX4 (FINAL RELEASE)

Notice: This is a lite version. It's not the full Office 2010 Suit.

25189786.png

22699701.png

Annoying: if you download any Office file like a Word file from the internet, Office won't let you edit it. It gives a big warning about the file being obtained from internet and you have to click on enable editing to edit it, it does remember this setting for that file which is a relief. This must be a security feature but it gets annoying if you have many Office files from internet.

I always use the Sysinternals "streams" command to get rid of that nonsense: Streams v1.56

In my Downloads and Documents directories, I just run

streams -s -d *

from time to time.

EDIT: There's more info on streams here.

I was poking around in the options and you can easily turn off the protection mode for internet downloaded office files, which makes it so much easier now!

@toshiro, thanks for adding my links to the front post, but I do think the part in red could be a bit misleading. Lite version implies that I have removed features. As you see in the first screenshot, when you run setup, you can see Standard and Pro Plus, both are full office suites. Each option given when you get to that screen is in a corresponding .WW folder. Remove that .WW folder, remove that option. Each .WW folder is self contained, so If I delete Access.WW, I have not removed Access from Pro Plus. If You were to choose Access from that screen, your next screen would have you install Access only. Pro Plus contains all individual apps (Access, Excel, etc), except for Visio and Project. Standard is a suite like Pro Plus but is missing some apps.

Therefore Pro Plus > and includes all removed Apps/suites. If you want the option to install only Access and Excel, you would select Pro Plus, hit customize, and set any unwanted app/feature (Using the arrow things by them in the 2nd screenshot) to Not Available (this means do not install). Project Pro > Project Standard, so Standard removed. Visio, like Project, is not included in any suite so it remains.

I wanted to clear this up, since people have asked what I have removed. No features are removed and nothing is edited. It's like on 2007 discs where you don't see that select screen, that is because there is only one .WW folder, add Visio and Project,s 2007 .WW folder to that disc and you get the select screen for the original 2007 app/suite, and Visio/Project.

This release contains full Pro Plus, Visio, and Project Pro, sorry for any confusion.

@donizme, yeah that internet thing is annoying, but the option for protected mode has been around since the beta to turn it off, just deactivate it and it will shut up.

What does everyone whos got the final RTM think of it verses Office 2007? I've posted my mini review in my previous posts and I've quoted it below:

Office 2007 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) took 275MB. Office 2010 32-bit with the same apps takes 435MB. There is a splash screen which opens up everytime you open an Office file, which was annoying to me at first but I'm more used to it now. The icons for the apps have changed hugely, plus they don't align themselves with the other icons on the taskbar well, this may have been intentional though to make it stand out. >_<

Performance is a little mixed, opening files takes a little longer, but shutting files is quicker. Memory usage is higher in every app, but only by a few MB.

Annoying: if you download any Office file like a Word file from the internet, Office won't let you edit it. It gives a big warning about the file being obtained from internet and you have to click on enable editing to edit it, it does remember this setting for that file which is a relief. This must be a security feature but it gets annoying if you have many Office files from web.

More on performance: The performance once a file is opened is definitely quicker. I mean like navigating throughout a Word file or through slides in PowerPoint when not in slideshow mode.

Yeah i didnt notice that option until now. Thanks very much ^_^

Its Certainly gets a lot less annoying. :dance2:

And i have to say that word is a lot quicker to open and edit files compared to 2007.

@donizme Takes longer to open, but closes quicker. I have to agree with you exactly on performance.

@Everyone I tested the Frankenbuild method (activate.cmd) and it does not work. Switched out frankenbuild files with RTM files (I backed up before try)

My attempt with mini KMS. Install service, restart service, press Activate Office 2010 VL, 8 attempts, but fails, another 8 fails, another 8, same story. Not sure if it needs a serial, but it does not work

EDIT: Rearmed using mini kms, activated, and it worked. Apparently you have to rearm to get it to work. I am now activated for 180 days.

Also, I heard that when those 180 are up, you get a 30 day grace period.

@donizme Takes longer to open, but closes quicker. I have to agree with you exactly on performance.

@Everyone I tested the Frankenbuild method (activate.cmd) and it does not work. Switched out frankenbuild files with RTM files (I backed up before try)

My attempt with mini KMS. Install service, restart service, press Activate Office 2010 VL, 8 attempts, but fails, another 8 fails, another 8, same story. Not sure if it needs a serial, but it does not work

EDIT: Rearmed using mini kms, activated, and it worked. Apparently you have to rearm to get it to work. I am now activated for 180 days.

Also, I heard that when those 180 are up, you get a 30 day grace period.

I find the slow opening of files really hard to take. It's making me think of even switching back to Office 2007, it's that bad.

Microsoft, what were you thinking!

The slowness is probably nothing that can't be fine tuned with updates/service packs. I tend to find some documents open really fast and some sit at the splash screen. One thing though, it feels slower because you sit at the splash screen longer, but once the app is open, the doc is open, at least for me. MY splash screen wait for 2007 was quick, the app would open, but it would take awhile for me to even see the document.

Found this just now...

---------------------------

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 RTM Build v14.0.4763.1000 Volume English (x86) | 732.8 MB

---------

Members package Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010

Microsoft Excel 2010

Microsoft Outlook 2010 with Business Contact Manager *

Microsoft PowerPoint 2010

Microsoft Word 2010

Microsoft Access 2010

Microsoft InfoPath 2010

Microsoft Communicator *

Microsoft Publisher 2010

Microsoft OneNote2010

Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010

Applications Microsoft Office for Web

---------

Additional integrated solutions, such as support for enterprise content management (Enterprise content management, ECM), electronic forms, information law and policy

Medician: Yes

Language: English

Link is hotfile dot com (8 links total)

/dl/38775770/ca4a0af/

/dl/38775838/3fc479a/

/dl/38775912/e0c3d19/

/dl/38775981/5121764/

/dl/38775780/dc3816e/

/dl/38775828/7d63e1e/

/dl/38775893/1461a5b/

/dl/38775923/9b069cc/

- Still haven't tried it yet though.

Found this just now...

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 RTM Build v14.0.4763.1000 Volume English (x86) | 732.8 MB

---------

Members package Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010

Microsoft Excel 2010

Microsoft Outlook 2010 with Business Contact Manager *

Microsoft PowerPoint 2010

Microsoft Word 2010

Microsoft Access 2010

Microsoft InfoPath 2010

Microsoft Communicator *

Microsoft Publisher 2010

Microsoft OneNote2010

Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010

Applications Microsoft Office for Web

---------

Additional integrated solutions, such as support for enterprise content management (Enterprise content management, ECM), electronic forms, information law and policy

Medician: Yes

Language: English

Link is hotfile dot com (8 links total)

/dl/38775770/ca4a0af/

/dl/38775838/3fc479a/

/dl/38775912/e0c3d19/

/dl/38775981/5121764/

/dl/38775780/dc3816e/

/dl/38775828/7d63e1e/

/dl/38775893/1461a5b/

/dl/38775923/9b069cc/

- Still haven't tried it yet though.

Basically the same as what I did to my release, take my release, remove Visio and Project, and all you have is Pro Plus. You don't even see that screen that tells you to pick between them as Pro Plus is the only choice.

Probably a better option for someone that only wants Pro Plus, and not Visio and Project too.

PS: The mini kms activates Pro Plus, Visio, and Project Pro. I have all 3 on my PC activated (though only 180 days and not permanent activation). You do not need to enter a key, as the VLK versions include one by default that can be KMS activated.

I would rather have permanent activation, so I hope someone can figure that out, but we need leaked keys before that can even be done. I think somebody could rig the phone activation so we don't need online if it is anything like 2007.

P.S.

What is Medician btw? Anybody know? :hehe:

Probably the mini kms tool.

mini kms activator v1.051 activated office for me but it would not work until I rearmed office and used it. It only gives you 180 days, but can be reset endlessly. You do not need any leaked key to use it.

Wait..is the mini kms activator the one Ravi posted a while back ago? I think he called it, Office 2010 volume license active tool What happened to it?

Wait..is the mini kms activator the one Ravi posted a while back ago? I think he called it, Office 2010 volume license active tool What happened to it?

I don't know, I never used that, and that tool came out before RTM. I think its a gew pages back but have no idea if it will work or what it even does.

From what i can remember, i think it replaces some of the .exe files that are meant to be protect Office 2010. And it says, Just one click to active your Office 2010! But I had to do it 3 times just to make sure. ;)

EDIT

So far so good. I think Ravi's fix is working out just fine for me right now(using 14.0.4734.1000). No nags or anything except that it remains, Product Activation Required under HELP menu.

I think someone should definitely try it against the current Office build.

From what i can remember, i think it replaces some of the .exe files that are meant to be protect Office 2010. And it says, Just one click to active your Office 2010! But I had to do it 3 times just to make sure. ;)

EDIT

So far so good. I think Ravi's fix is working out just fine for me right now(using 14.0.4734.1000). No nags or anything except that it remains, Product Activation Required under HELP menu.

I think someone should definitely try it against the current Office build.

It works wonders for the current build for Office :dance2: . It shows that its activated. It doesnt show how many days are left tho im guessing its valid för 180days.

CODYQX4 can you make a guide how to remove other products?

I downloaded the 3gigs x86 and would like to customize to suite my own taste.

Also, do you have the full x64, 4gig? Mind to make ifile.it mirror? Because that's the only place I can use parallel download

Thank you.

@ Alix90

I'm glad to know that it works. Thanks for confirming. :)

CODYQX4 can you make a guide how to remove other products?

I downloaded the 3gigs x86 and would like to customize to suite my own taste.

Also, do you have the full x64, 4gig? Mind to make ifile.it mirror? Because that's the only place I can use parallel download

Thank you.

I don't have full ISO's any longer, just my customized one.

Customization is simple:

Removing thing is simple, just delete the %App%.WW folder for what app/suite you want to remove. For my release, only ProPlus.WW, PrjPro.WW, and Visio.WW remain.

Do not remove anything other than the .WW folders.

Archived