Congressional sites defaced after Obama speech

DKT27

• Administrator

14mzyqf.png

This is the message hackers left on the pages of members of the U.S. House of Representatives after President Obama's State of the Union address Wednesday night.

Someone defaced the Web pages of nearly 50 members of the U.S. House of Representatives with an explicit insult to President Obama after he gave his State of the Union address on Wednesday night.

The 49 House Web sites, representing both Democrats and Republicans, were managed by a company called GovTrends,

The Associated Press reported on Thursday.

The hacking occurred while GovTrends was performing an update, Jeff Ventura, spokesman for the House chief administrative officer, told the AP.

Last August, 18 House sites managed by GovTrends were also defaced, according to Ventura, who added that the House is reconsidering the business relationship with the Web site service provider.

GovTrends could not be reached for comment late on Thursday.

Source -

CNET

• Replies 2
  • Views 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is pathetic... One that they are that limited in rhetorical skills..LOL. Two that web sit e security was not addressed.. I mean even for my personal sites, when I use and run my servers I make sure that I have covered my bases.. Nessus, a free program for Home users ( that I posted about ) is a good program for that ...but even in having that.. you have to make sure that even the most basic of HTML code is not vulnerable to attack and disallowed. Your connection has to well secured and technically some of the most basic things, like changing your methods.. and habits are some of the best and yet most overlooked..

It is like the all time mistake though that most people make.. They don't ever plan ahead.. they wait until it happens.. It's almost as if we are either the laziest people on the planet.. or the most disorganized, and misappropriated.. You know though, it can play out in several ways.. so you never know what vector/angle may be initiated and by whom..

I agree, this was totally unproffessional what the hackers did. A more professional way to attack Obama (not JUST Obama but everyone involved) is by watching this documentary. Much more professional.

WATCH THIS DOCUMENTARY

Archived