Two imaging software

Betts1964

If I were to use an external HDD with 2 folders in it. One is called ACRONIS and the other called AOMEI. Would I be able to store an image of my laptop and desktop using acronis and putting them in the acronis folder. Then putting a copy of my laptop and desktop in my AOMEI folder without them being erased? I cant keep them all on the external HDD without them trying to erase each other. I am going to try by seperating by folder but i am not sure if i will be able to.

Thought?

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nuclear Fallout

Trick question, have you observed the size of the images? In other words, is there ENOUGH space on the external hdd to have those images at the same time???

stylemessiah2
7 hours ago, Betts1964 said:

If I were to use an external HDD with 2 folders in it. One is called ACRONIS and the other called AOMEI. Would I be able to store an image of my laptop and desktop using acronis and putting them in the acronis folder. Then putting a copy of my laptop and desktop in my AOMEI folder without them being erased? I cant keep them all on the external HDD without them trying to erase each other. I am going to try by seperating by folder but i am not sure if i will be able to.

Thought?

If youre using two different backup programs, which will use totally different filenames most likely, then there really almost no threat of overwriting, in a single folder

Backing up into separate folders per program makes it impossible

Your only concern as mentioned is do you have enough storage space on the external drive

5 hours ago, stylemessiah2 said:

If youre using two different backup programs, which will use totally different filenames most likely, then there really almost no threat of overwriting, in a single folder

Backing up into separate folders per program makes it impossible

Your only concern as mentioned is do you have enough storage space on the external drive

Well I tried AOMEI and it wanted to delete my acronis images so I am not sure how true this is. Any ideas?

Can't speak for AOMEI but Acronis gives the user options to overwrite the previous backup image or create a new backup image . . . both, within the same folder (whatever be the name.) ;)

22 hours ago, UberGeek said:

Can't speak for AOMEI but Acronis gives the user options to overwrite the previous backup image or create a new backup image . . . both, within the same folder (whatever be the name.) ;)

Also incremental back ups are possible which saves time doing it all.

Acronis works great. For some reason the other day it took 2 hrs but yesterday it took 17 mins so i will continue using that.

Archived