What is the best VPN service for privacy?

tysroby

I live in France and today, for the second time in my life I got a notification from the organization that handles online piracy in this country, to stop torrenting, or else. Which is fine, in a way, after all, it is illegal. 

I have several gaming and paid streaming accounts, I buy whatever I can as much as I can afford, but when a movie is not available to stream, or when a game is too expensive for my pandemic hit budget, I download it via torrent, like many other people.

However, in today's notification I've seen they know even what client I've used for downloading. And then I thought, what else does this organization and my ISP have access to? I haven't been worried about privacy before, but now I cand of am.

So, my question is, in your personal opinion what VPN service is THE BEST solution to keep my online life hidden from peeking eyes? And what other, if any, complementary solution is there that I could use parallel with a VPN for my privacy?

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best VPN and especially for file sharing is nvpn.net, which even has port wording, which is very important for P2P and above all a zero log policy, is for me personally the best VPN provider, which above all has no speed loss!

On 10/16/2020 at 4:27 PM, mp68terr said:

Notification from the online piracy agency, not from some kind of copyright-related company?

Sorry, you are right. It is the online copyright authority.

i have used purevpn and mullvad no problems with disconnecting me. speed at best 10-15% less than maximum.

my friend has nordvpn no disconnects.

i don't work for either company and to be honest i use purevpn just because it was less than 1 usd / month. i use it for uk content since i used to live there. when that ends i will get the cheapest one.

i use a sort of a seedbox service which is encrypted for all my downloads.

AZwaffelForAWaff

NordVPN with NordLynx. It provides the best mix - encryption security, reliability, speed, and price. It surely provides privacy for P2P activities such as file sharing via torrent programs. However, you can't rely on any VPN for privacy when it comes to logging into any account. VPN's provide a safe and secure tunnel up until you login to whichever account. P2P sharing does not require you to login, which is why VPN subscription is useful in such a case.

However, understand and that the "no logs" concept is mostly an advantage to the VPN provider, not the VPN subscriber. The "no logs" concept greatly reduces VPN provider's legal liability for subscribers' actions without preventing 3rd parties from tracking VPN subscribers via all other fingerprinting methods other than IP and DNS addresses.

there is a nice lifetime offer of vpnsecure with a promo code it will be only 12$ for lifetime . you will find it on stacksocial

On 10/16/2020 at 9:37 PM, tysroby said:

So, my question is, in your personal opinion what VPN service is THE BEST solution to keep my online life hidden from peeking eyes? And what other, if any, complementary solution is there that I could use parallel with a VPN for my privacy?

Click That One Privacy Site

On the top right hand corner, you can choose to change the language to French. The table of comparison will then be in your desired language.

By the way, NordVPN's payment processing center is in the USA. Avoid VPN vendors that are based in the Five Eyes+14 countries.

• tysroby changed the title to What is the best VPN service for privacy?

Archived