IPS 4.5 Important Changes

Matt

• Administrator

News Since 2018 we have been up to date with IPS system in order to insure our beloved forums run on the it bests speed, performance, secured, and latest technology, but there are a few important changes have been made with IPS 4.5.

We will start from the most important things.

The Edit button, and before "Edit" button was located in the bottom of the post now the location of this button has changed inside a little menu contains this missing option.

In the right top corner of each post and topic you will see three dots "..." called more options.

More options.png

Inside this menu you will find three important elements.

• Report button. (Usually it useless for some members, and hope they will use it more often whenever they see any issue with any topics or posts instead of posting useless replies)
  • Share button.
  • Edit button. 

menu options.png

Another important thing has changed with anonymous login, and it was located on the login page. Now IPS replaced it as a setting option, so from now on as it became a setting no need to worry if you forgot to login anonymously because it will be saved no matter where you login to use the forums.

Here where you can find this setting.

https://www.nsaneforums.com/settings/account-security/

Go to Account Settings > Security and Privacy then type down your password, and after that press on Reauthenticate button.

Security and Privacy.png

You will see this

Visable.png

Just simply press on Hide My Online Status button, and the results will look like this.

Hidden.png

You want to show your online status back just press on Show My Online Status button.

Finally we have a new option called "Mark as Solution". 

Here where it's available:

Technology Talk, Software Chat, The Chat Bat, Mobile Mania, Security & Privacy Center, Entertainment Exchange, Filesharing Chat, and ViP Downloads/ Requests.

All above forums are available for all members, but it's available for the topic starter "Author" only and staff members. Topic Author can mark his own question, request, help etc .. as solution from other members reply or his own one in order to make it easier on other members to find the solution if they have same question request, help etc .. 

Where to find it?

Screenshot_6.png

As a result you will start seeing this

Screenshot_5.png

Another example:

From now on it is require from the topic Author to mark as solution on all above mentioned forums whenever they create topics. 

One more thing that IPS has decided to remove in the future update is BBCode Parsing. This option is available with IPS 4.5, but we will keep it disabled in order to get used to work around the forums without using it.

BBCode is a legacy markup language that was originally designed to allow users to submit rich content prior to the advancement of WYSIWYG editors. BBCode support is deprecated and may be removed in a future release, and we recommend leaving this option disabled for greater performance and reliability if your community does not rely on BBCode parsing to format posts.

We will keep updating this topic if there is anything has changed not mentioned above with IPS 4.5, and if you see any issue you would like to report or even a request, please submit a ticket at the support forum in order to fix it. 

• Replies 18
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you very much @Matt for your explanation and your efforts to get this run the way it should

Surely, you still have a good time to invest, therefore, your efforts are much appreciated.

I did notice these changes and I'm sure many more are to come.

It is looking better and better every day

A job well done and those who were complaining should pull back their words, if they are "man" enough  😁

Regards

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, 0veR said:

Dark theme have bug above search bar.

sdfsdf.png

This topic doesn't have anything to do with themes or reporting an issue, so please go and submit this issue at the support forum.

Thanks for the info. Users could also look around and investigate by themselves in order to discover the changes/additions compare to the previous version.

No real idea regarding how often big upgrades are done but we will likely have enough time to get use to the new forum style and functions.

Hello @Matt,

Did I miss a setting? 🤔

Because it seems that the new editor don't know BB codes ?

Is it to possible to active BB codes [B]NsaneForums![/B] and/or Markdown code **NsaneForums!** and/or html code <b>NsaneForums!</b> or <strong>...</strong> ?

Thanks for this very nice update.  :thumbsup:

hpwamr

Matt Hi hope you are doing great !!!

First I want to express my gratitude for this updated ... great job !!! and beautiful work you been doing and the others (if anyone cooperated)... Thank you for job well done !!!

• Administrator
20 hours ago, hpwamr said:

Hello @Matt,

Did I miss a setting? 🤔

Because it seems that the new editor don't know BB codes ?

Is it to possible to active BB codes [B]NsaneForums![/B] and/or Markdown code **NsaneForums!** and/or html code <b>NsaneForums!</b> or <strong>...</strong> ?

Thanks for this very nice update.  :thumbsup:

hpwamr

Thanks for mentioning this to remind me to add the new information about it in the first post. 

Thanks for the update Matt and co.
I'm pretty excited about the "Mark as Solution" feature as it will absolutely help bring a higher degree of quality in the long and short term to this forum. I can already think of a number of ways in which it would help.
Sure there are and may be a few bugs but we will get there and resolve them in time.
A few things have been mentioned already in other threads but I do feel like the default (light) IPS theme is a bit snappier on my end but I'm sure things will improve in time and the ability to change or remove the background image to a flat image would be great, nonetheless keep up the good work and also to those prolific posters also. Without all of you and the input of everyone this place would be nothing.

• Administrator

Guys this topic has nothing to do with themes, and there is a topic was created on the feedback forums for such things. 

All above posts about the theme were removed, and this topic is about IPS new changes. If you've any comments or questions about the first post, please feel free to do so. 

where my past comment gone !

well did changes done again ?? as now the default nsane theme is little better..as less black/dark hackerz look.

but i will still prefer IPS default theme as its  look much nice,simple & comfortable on the eyes.

good update.. 👍

• Administrator

All above posts about the topics or forums were removed, and again this topic is about IPS new changes. If you've any comments or questions about the first post, please feel free to do so. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

@UpGrade Well I wish first you read before you post. 

The second this is this topic has nothing to do with theme. Hopefully after you read you know where you should report what you mentioned.

Archived