Help me! Internet speed fluctuating.

Ghost RideR

Hello Guys, 

From the past week, I am facing serious fluctuations in my download speed. As per my ISP, my router (currently Mi Router 3c) is not working properly. I borrowed a new router (Tenda 1200 something) to cross check, that problem is still there. Although, I have noticed that when my turn off my wifi in laptop and then re-connect it, internet again works fine. 

So, is that issue caused by router or windows? Facing this type of issue for the first time, literally don't know what to do. 

Please suggest me what to do. Using IDM (cracked) to download(FYI).

Regards

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mp68terr said:

Fluctuation or only decrease of the speed?

Is it limited to a single protocol?

Fluctuation. Speed going up n down. 

Didn't get you, how to check that protocol thing?

29 minutes ago, mp68terr said:

Was wondering if the whole internet thing is affected (browsing as well as downloading) or if it's only for specific protocol like p2p.

whole internet

If you continue to have fluctuation in your internet speed, the best thing to do is to call your ISP and tell them about this problem, they could take the intiative of resetting the server to which you are connecting to fix this issue.

I had once a similar problem except that my internet speed was very low even though i have fiber at my place and no matter what i tried to do to fix this issue, the speed was still low, so i called my ISP, in my case, the problem was solved by simply resetting the server from their side. i managed to get back my original speed after that.

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, supdr said:

Mostly windows problem

Try in safe mode

You likely meant 'Safe Mode with Networking'. It adds the network drivers and services needed to access the Internet and other computers on the network.

Archived