Kaspersky Cloud Free

BigBear

I recently upgraded my KSC Free to the 2021 version,all went well till Sunday when i booted up my laptop and Kaspersky downloaded the latest definitions,thats when CPU usage rose sometimes spiking to 90 %.

Anyone here using this software and having any problems ?,i did notice two posts on the Kaspersky forum with this problem but the recommendation of uninstall and reinstall didnt seem to cure the problem.

Another issue i had was after uninstalling and rebooting the laptop it loaded to a black screen with just the cursor showing,took me a couple of hours to fix the problem. 

• Replies 10
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you check task manager to see what process was using all your resources , I have issues with chrome browser at the moment causing similar problems?

2 minutes ago, Arachnoid said:

Did you check task manager to see what process was using all your resources , I have issues with chrome browser at the moment causing similar problems?

It was avp.exe running the high CPU load.

I do use a chromium browser as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully the info posted below is helpful to you.

Application Control

On 64-bit operating systems, adjustment of application permissions for the following actions is unavailable:

Direct access to physical memory

Managing printer drivers

Creating a service

Opening a service for reading

Opening a service for writing

Modifying a service configuration

Managing a service

Starting a service

Deleting a service

Access to internal browser data

Access to critical objects of the operating system

Access to password storage

Setting debug privileges

Use of operating system program interfaces (including DNS)

Also, on the 64-bit version of Windows 8, adjustment of application permissions for the following actions is unavailable:

Sending window messages to other processes

Executing suspicious operations

Hooks installation

Hooking of incoming messages stream

Making screenshots

General articles: Software compatibility

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/20/2020 at 4:06 AM, caraid said:

Wasn't Kaspersky accused of being a backdoor for Putin's government?

i don't think so,,, it is the western media who blame data security breach or spying on China and Russia when these two countries or any other country make money but when Qualcomm, Intel, Apple Microsoft make Monopoly on their respective business there is no problem .. 

11 hours ago, casa said:

Is the Rootkit scan or Background scan available in the free edition? Try disabling it.

1) "Rootkit scan" and "quick scan" are the same. Only "rootkit scan" comes in the background and with reduced CPU and disk consumption.

2) The same number of objects will not get. There are many nuances. For example, running / running processes are included in the scan. Windows constantly runs background tasks, so the number of objects to be scanned is constantly changing.

3) The number of quick scan objects will be greater than that of rootkit scan."

• 2 months later...

Archived