TheEmpathicEar

• Replies 35
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheEmpathicEar
On 9/13/2020 at 3:04 AM, sky19 said:

"...So, what is it about hardware acceleration?..."

Nothing special, the application hands over part of the work to the hardware in this case the graphics card:

https://www.maketecheasier.com/what-is-hardware-acceleration-and-why-it-matters/

Another crash. But, this was from over heating. Are there any tweaks to handle this when Windows is in lid down. Sleep down?

19 hours ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

Another crash. But, this was from over heating. Are there any tweaks to handle this when Windows is in lid down. Sleep down?

Over heating in sleep mode? Did you hear vents speeding up? When, on beginning or on wake up from "sleep"?

Check "Event Viewer" - "Administrative events" to c if something funny going on...

TheEmpathicEar
7 minutes ago, sky19 said:

Over heating in sleep mode? Did you hear vents speeding up? When, on beginning or on wake up from "sleep"?

Check "Event Viewer" - "Administrative events" to c if something funny going on...

I took a look. But, I am not sure what I should be looking for?

Chrome consumes a high CPU and therefore the processor that cannot be fully cooled may be overheating for various reasons (for example: The pores or airways of your PC's CPU cooler fan may be clogged or almost clogged). Check your PC's processor temperature and fan. If the situation is abnormal, replace your processor's thermal paste and clean the pores of the CPU fan. Also; usually most Windows services run in standby mode, which is why your PC's processor may be overheating.

Regards.

21 hours ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

I was just going to tell you about that.
If the machine shuts down suddenly, it's probably due to an overheating of the processor because of the dust that would have probably accumulated inside the radiator which prevents the processor from being cooled properly.
you should look at cpu and CG temperatures through cpuz tool.
If you notice high temperature, you should consider making a cleaning by disassembling the laptop to remove the dust.

If you never disassemble a laptop before, it's better to call a professional to do that properly and not cause any damage to the machine.

• 1 month later...
TheEmpathicEar

111520-107875-01.dmp    11/15/2020 5:05:08 PM    THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER    0x100000ea    ffffb783`73a130c0    00000000`00000000    00000000`00000000    00000000`00000000    atikmdag.sys    atikmdag.sys+10c58b                    x64    ntoskrnl.exe+3f5210                    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\111520-107875-01.dmp    8    15    19041    1,670,076    11/15/2020 5:10:19 PM    

Getting this again?? There is no update for my video card. So, this must be something else? How to tell what?

EDIT: Atikmdag.sys and dxgkrnl.sys are listed
EDIT2: I used DDU to uninstall the AMD driver and then used the AMD installer to reinstall. Now, wait and see.

• 5 weeks later...
TheEmpathicEar

I used DDU to uninstall the AMD driver and then used the AMD installer to reinstall. Now, wait and see.

Installing driver/software directly from the AMD site has been working. But, now, I get a message from the software about a mismatch between the driver version and the software version? So, why was it working and complaining now? Immediately after the install of a new driver/software, the AMD software does not complain. It's only after so much time, the error message comes up.

Archived