The end of nsane.down FrontPage

Matt

I discovered nsane via this nsane.down and then came to the forum !

But life (as the show) must go on !

• Replies 117
  • Views 27k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Matt said:

Don't you worry so much because if I am taking something down, it means I am building something better. It will be a surprise, so don't tell anyone. 

Thanks for all your hard work. I am expecting great things from what you are planning to build. I m sure we all be surprised.

While the forums might remain open, the main site closing is still disappointing news for everybody.  The first thing I do most days is check nsane.down for software updates and again during the day every few hours.

I really hope that we can have a new frontend to view updates, just as we can by looking at Latest Community Activity on nsane.down.  This and the frontpage are what I am going to miss the most.

Should nsane.down and nsaneforums disappear completely, can people begin to list alternative websites?

4 minutes ago, ajdibi said:

Should nsane.down and nsaneforums disappear completely, can people begin to list alternative websites?

Forums will be running as usual, and it's just the end of nsane.down website.

It's just nsane.down, and forums will be up and running.

I believe you've not paid any attention to what I said in the first post that forums will be running as usual.

5 minutes ago, mp68terr said:

I never said they were disappearing, sorry if you misunderstood me.  I said should they disappear.

@Matt

Thanks for your hard work! Sad to see the frontpage go but I can understand. Looking forward to the day we'll have something new and great. Forums are where everything happens, so we'll manage. 

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Matrix unlocked this topic
10 hours ago, Matt said:

NewsLife goes on.

As of the new web developments have changed a lot over time and because of the lack of new update on nsane.down, we have decided to end it life. 

nsane.down has started since 2004, and it's time to leave the old web design, platform, and development. nsane.down will be down forever.

We don't have a specific date, but it will be this year.

Ya know.. you could totally make this a news site if you wanted.. It's quite handy for app updates among other things. It has a lot of potential tbh.

If the forum is going to continue, then it's not as bad as it looks ...

1 hour ago, Abacaxi said:

If the forum is going to continue, then it's not as bad as it looks ...

Not only is it going to continue its going to be even bigger and better than ever before thank you @Matt  a very wise member said not to long ago that you go above and beyond well this will be just another example of that thank you brother we love your work and are lucky to have you  :cheers:

I always go to nsanedown.com to view my morning news. It's my first go-to website. It's really a shame to see it go.

been here from roughly from the beginning.

not to sure sure why anything needs to be closed down.  I personally would build the "new improved" then slowly change over.

My personal opinion from shutting down that front page with no placeholder is gonna kill the population.

Your basically saying go to the forum or go elseware.

I can put my life on on this -> more then 50% of user's arnt registered with the forum or visit the forum.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Don't you worry so much because if I am taking something down, it means I am building something better. It will be a surprise, so don't tell anyone. 

Sooner or later the same code won't be supported, so we will have to move to something stable and can be updated. Now I am here to do that, and I am the only one who can do it. Now or never. 

For all the sad sacks and doomsday preppers try reading before trying to spread such ridiculous rubbish get with the program its called "technology" :duh:..  

All goods things must come to an end.  Fortunately, the World Wide Web is so enormous that there are other gems such as Nsane out there just a fingertip away.  

I hope this is one of those things that get reversed before it happens. Love the main site. I check it over 20 times every day. The forums are great, but the main site was soooo convenient because most of the time you just need the update info and the link to the update. I would go to the forums only when I needed more info for a app.

Like so many others, I'll miss this greatly. Was on here every day and loved all the great information I could get no where else.

Thank you all that worked on this for so long and made it so great!

What a shame. What you take for granted will soon be gone. Thanks to all for you're hard work over the years.

7 hours ago, Matt said:

This is here are lies because whenever Lite and shought were running here they have too many issues that they couldn't solve but I did. Moreover, all members including you have new servers who have zero downtime since 2018, and before old servers most of the time are down especially at the end of the month whenever the bandwidth is over and everyone has to wait to the 1st of the new month to access the site.

Whenever you say someone has new changes are bad please mention them otherwise what you are saying is nothing but lies. All the good things I have achieved and worked for the forums were one handed man from my own time, so instead of attacking me with false information do something better.

nsane.forums has been running on a fastest servers, and I don't believe that anyone has ever used the forums with zero downtime and this speed, so I wonder from where you are getting those false information. 

I believe you've not paid any attention to what I said in the first post that forums will be running as usual.

I see you got butt hurt and removed my veteran status!

I've been a member of this site and have relied upon it as my primary go-to source for software news and updates for a long time. This is heartbreaking news. nsane.down will leave me bereft and forlorn. It truly is a shame that it will be shutting down. 😪

BTW, thank you for reminding me to upgrade Firefox. I'll savor it while it lasts. 😜

Thank you for what you have been doing, and all the work you have put in.  Going to miss the front end.

Will be on the forums, and waiting with excitment for your next project.

I know it will be this year, but any hints.  Just a teaser.

Thank You

Like other members, I have been visiting here since 2005 and the frontpage nsane.down is usually the first thing I check before going to the forum, but maybe it is time to adopt to change. The old code has been giving our mods a hard time to manage it. It's only a matter of time that will be down with an unfixable bug or becomes too hard to port to current standard. These changes could probably be much better than what we have now so let's wait for the big surprise. There is a saying "Let's  cross the bridge when we get there" so until we see these changes we can't know how it will affect us, how we react to these changes and if we can adopt easily with these changes. At the very least, I am seeing progress thru "these changes" than just let it rot and wait until nsane.down goes offline thru code bugs or lack of interest to maintain it.

Archived