More blocks being lifted from installing the Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Karlston

1593450668_m2020u-13_story.jpg

It's been a bumpy road for the Windows 10 May 2020 Update, which was released nearly three months ago. Windows 10 version 2004 has been plagued with known issues, and many still haven't been able to upgrade their PCs.

Now, more blocks are being removed, as spotted by Windows Latest. It is, however, expected though. As we reported after last month's optional cumulative update was released on July 31, a number of key known issues were fixed. But being that it was a preview update, it doesn't get rolled into the installation image, so the blocks in place weren't removed.

Then Patch Tuesday came along with mandatory cumulative updates. Given the nature of the word 'cumulative' the same fixes were included, and as expected, here we are a few days later and the blocks are being removed. According to Windows Latest, these are the blocks being removed today:

• PCs with aksfridge.sys or aksdf.sys is present on system.
  • PCs with older Nvidia GPU driver.
  • PCs with Realtek Bluetooth radio drivers.
  • PCs with Variable refresh rate in Intel iGPU.
  • PCs with Storage Spaces.

There are now just three known issues for version 2004 that are listed with 'Investigating' status. One is exclusive to those using Chinese or Japanese IME, and the others have to do with Conexant audio drivers.

ThanksForReading200x49.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Views 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not yet showing up for the two Surface Book 1 that I service. No fancy software installed, no third-party security solutions, all drivers up-to-date, and there is plenty of free storage - enough to install 10 copies of Windows 10 simultaneously.

There is always the manual upgrade routine, of course. But I am very curious what is keeping 2004 from appearing on these.

Barely any info on these on the web. Guess they're considered antiquated already?

So, I just wanted to do a follow up update to my previous post, and let folks know that the upgrade showed up on both machines as soon as I logged them out of their Microsoft Accounts, and switched their profiles back to a local account. Very strange.

Archived