How to Sync folder between computers?

ThE iNsAnE

Hi,

I have a software in my office computer which stores its files in a particular folder.  Now that folder is about 7 gb in size. Everyday upon use, it adds files to the folder. That folder is backed up locally so in case of software reinstall, the folder is replaced to restore backup.

My question is,

1. Is there any way I can sync that folder through internet so that it automatically backs up the folder without needing manual intervention on a daily basis?

2. If I install the same software in my home computer, is there any way that the folder in my office and home computer are in sync so that if any changes occur in my office computer, it automatically makes that same changes in the home computer?

Hope my question is understood.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one is also a good option. https://syncthing.net/

I'm not using it myself but I gave it a try long time ago when I was searching for software to sync between my PC with external drives. Looks like it's suitable for your need.

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2020 at 12:12 PM, ThE iNsAnE said:

Hi,

I have a software in my office computer which stores its files in a particular folder.  Now that folder is about 7 gb in size. Everyday upon use, it adds files to the folder. That folder is backed up locally so in case of software reinstall, the folder is replaced to restore backup.

My question is,

1. Is there any way I can sync that folder through internet so that it automatically backs up the folder without needing manual intervention on a daily basis?

2. If I install the same software in my home computer, is there any way that the folder in my office and home computer are in sync so that if any changes occur in my office computer, it automatically makes that same changes in the home computer?

Hope my question is understood.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Well. I use Syncthing, or better SyncTrayzor: its' perfect for me and will be perfect for you.

Learn ti use it, it's free.

XYplorer folder sync between  2 panes (it works with network drives - sync from network drive to local TESTED/WORKING)

Archived