Device not recodnised in 2004

Chancer

I have a PC built on an Asus motherboard happily running Windows 10. I use a Logitch mouse connected via a Logitech Unifying Receiver. My version of Win 10 (1909) recognises the Unifying receiver.

I installed the 2004 update and the device is no longer recognised. I can use the mouse but only with basic functions. The Logitech Options software, where you customise buttons, does not work as it thinks there is no Unifying receiver.

If I roll back the update all is well again.

I have a laptop running Windows 10 2004. If I plug the Unifying receiver in there it is recognised.

I contacted Logitech who suggested various things none of which worked.

I contacted Asus who suggested various things none of which worked.

Google had a couple of suggestions, none of which worked.

So my question is - how can I get Windows 10 2004 to recognise the device as it should?

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On your laptop, open Device Manager and see if you have the Logitech Unifying Receiver driver, then isolate it and copy it to your computer.

I copied the relevant files - made no difference 😞 (That was the main suggestion I found on Google)

You can try to do a repair procedure with a win10 2004 iso and see what happens.

you download the iso with the same win10 edition, the same language and the same architecture then put it in the desktop. Double click on the iso and follow the instructutions. All the old system files will be saved in windows.old folder that you can remove if you want so you wil have a clean system with your data and application untouched. Hopefully your device will be recognized after that.

7 hours ago, Chancer said:

I have a PC built on an Asus motherboard happily running Windows 10. I use a Logitch mouse connected via a Logitech Unifying Receiver. My version of Win 10 (1909) recognises the Unifying receiver.

I installed the 2004 update and the device is no longer recognised. I can use the mouse but only with basic functions. The Logitech Options software, where you customise buttons, does not work as it thinks there is no Unifying receiver.

If I roll back the update all is well again.

I have a laptop running Windows 10 2004. If I plug the Unifying receiver in there it is recognised.

I contacted Logitech who suggested various things none of which worked.

I contacted Asus who suggested various things none of which worked.

Google had a couple of suggestions, none of which worked.

So my question is - how can I get Windows 10 2004 to recognise the device as it should?

I take it you've manually browsed and manually selected the driver, via the windows device wizard ?

I've had similar issues with plantronics gamecom headsets.

Archived