Can't Remove A Folder

uffbros

I tried to delete a folder containing the portable version of Ultra Iso. It won't delete in windows or even if I boot up the computer with any given boot disk. Here is what it says no matter what. What is going on with this? I have never seen anything like this in my 23 years of computing. It should be removed if your booting up with a rescue disk no matter what.

Annotation 2020-08-02 010656.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, uffbros said:

I tried to delete a folder containing the portable version of Ultra Iso. It won't delete in windows or even if I boot up the computer with any given boot disk. Here is what it says no matter what. What is going on with this? I have never seen anything like this in my 23 years of computing. It should be removed if your booting up with a rescue disk no matter what.

Run Chkdsk, try again.

1 hour ago, uffbros said:

If you are using Win10, this might help:

https://windowsreport.com/deleted-files-still-show/

Open your task manager check its not in startup if it is cancel it restart and delete.

If its not in startup check Services most likely its running preventing you from deleting it stop the service and delete.

Sometimes moving the file will break the lock you could also try that if all else fails.

Hope that helps good luck.

Boot windows into safe mode then try to delete it.

Archived