maia

Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.3.1148.0100

MIkeVirtual
Posted (edited)

Download full installation, Win x32/x64, Mac, Linux and SEP Manager:

site: https://www.comss.ru

sharecode: /download/page.php?id=569

Dropdown top left allows you to select download.

Site in Russian - use Google Chrome to translate if required.

Edited by MIkeVirtual

ZinnPL

Still other languages are not available :( 

EMERSON FERNANDO DA SILVA

please language portuguese Brazil.

Pachuco

@maia

Many thanks!

I wonder if this is what we can now get since SEP is under a new owner... It would also be interesting to know if this is from the same (Russian?) source as previously (except for when the evaluation copy was accessible).  

VirusTotal doesn't seem happy with at least Setup.exe and Sep64.msi, which are reported to have [email protected]

Cheers!

sam3971
51 minutes ago, Pachuco said:

@maia

Many thanks!

I wonder if this is what we can now get since SEP is under a new owner... It would also be interesting to know if this is from the same (Russian?) source as previously (except for when the evaluation copy was accessible).  

VirusTotal doesn't seem happy with at least Setup.exe and Sep64.msi, which are reported to have [email protected]

Cheers!

I would think that the files are fine. Both questioned files have a digital signature of either Symantec or Broadcom. Moreover, when I checked both files with VT, the only scanning engine that detects anything is: Rising. On top of that, the detection is for a Heuristic threat. This is based on behavior, could very well be a false positive. As far as the source, this source has been around a long time, I would not worry about that for now.

Pachuco

@sam3971 You're probably right.

Just one question - where in VirusTotal can you see that the threat is from heuristic (as opposed to generic) detection? 

Cheers!

sam3971
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pachuco said:

@sam3971 You're probably right.

Just one question - where in VirusTotal can you see that the threat is from heuristic (as opposed to generic) detection? 

Cheers!

I honestly believe that was with the setup.exe, it is not "Inconclusive" for this file. As for SEP64.msi, it is showing as a generic trojan for Rising but given it has a digital signature and only Rising is seeing a threat, I would not worry about it. 60 other vendors are stating the same thing. Let me something different to see if different results apply.

Update: Ironically, I had VirusTotal run a new scan on the same file with modern definitions and now nothing is detecting anything, lol.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/6c24637175258c4041f58ea920b308e867d2c7907f1250b452dec96c9ed3cf87/detection

Edited by sam3971

DLord

Client-only patches would be much appreciated (EN x64).

P.S.  I know they are no longer publicly available.

marcin

True, I would also appreciate PL version of the full installers, cause posting client patches can be a pain (depending the version you have, you need certain patch).

Pachuco

@DLord 

Aren't they? I guess it depends on what you mean by publicly available...  Below a capture from the link provided by MIkeVirtual

capture_2020-08-06.thumb.png.94eedf8b7ee762a636bcc84b3cf5a89b.png

Notice the cursor location and the corresponding link address at the bottom. The 14.3 MP1 is the 14.3.1148.100.  Moreover, VirusTotal now only have the EFAInst.exe with a single positive (hopefully another false).

Cheers!

DLord
11 hours ago, Pachuco said:

@DLord 

Aren't they? I guess it depends on what you mean by publicly available...  Below a capture from the link provided by MIkeVirtual

capture_2020-08-06.thumb.png.94eedf8b7ee762a636bcc84b3cf5a89b.png

Notice the cursor location and the corresponding link address at the bottom. The 14.3 MP1 is the 14.3.1148.100.  Moreover, VirusTotal now only have the EFAInst.exe with a single positive (hopefully another false).

Cheers!

No my friend, those are download links for the main setup file for the new version for various OSes and languages.

The client-only patches (which used to be publicly available to download) are used to upgrade the old installed version to the new one.

flash13

@Pachuco

Post removed .  Like on most online forums the use of the 'Like / Thanks' button.

@chon_

Post removed.   Requests for illegal materials are not permitted.