Slow torrent download speed on a high speed broadband

ashish1989

Hello guys I am using windows 10 Pro 64 bit

uTorrent 2.2.1 portable

20 mbps broadband connection

Whenever I download from a torrent file I never get a speed of more than 1.1 mbps and most of the time the speed fluctuates

In idm I get a constant speed of 2.4 mbps when downloading from a good server

Here is the torrent which I am downloading recently

Site: https://www.1337x.am
Sharecode: /torrent/4546114/Windows-8-1-X64-Pro-VL-3in1-OEM-ESD-en-US-JULY-2020-Gen2/

Kindly provide any solution for it

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Downloading from torrent clients with a good speed depends of upload speed of the peers which you download from so as long as the peers have a high upload speed you will normally download from them at high speed but if the peers you are connecting to have a low upload speed, you won't be able to download at high speed no matter how fast is your internet connection.

As i told you in my previous message, your download speed when use torrent client depends on the peers you connect at so you can't do anything if all the peers which you download from have low upload speed.

Even if you had the possibility to know which peers have high upload speed, unfortunately you couldn't do anything about it as you can't choose the peers, the connection to the peers is done in a random way so you connect to multiple peers with high upload speed and with low upload speed at the same time, that's why your download speed when you use utorrent varies continuously.

Marcus Thunder
3 hours ago, ashish1989 said:

Whenever I download from a torrent file I never get a speed of more than 1.1 mbps and most of the time the speed fluctuates

In idm I get a constant speed of 2.4 mbps when downloading from a good server

You cannot compain about speed if you are downloading from public trackers, low speed makes sure that you keep seeding for a longer time as most users of public torrents hit & run.

If you want higher speeds use private trackers or seedbox/torrent transloader.

To check open private trackers visit opentrackers.org

To check torrent transloaders check

https://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/241028-free-torrent-to-direct-link-convertion/?do=findComment&comment=1558078

5 hours ago, ashish1989 said:

Any source or website in which high speed peers are found?

Check your upload speed. Often times with ADSL and vDSL services as the upload rate increases the download rate will decrease since your line is allocated a total bandwidth. 

For example if I have 40mbit DL and 10mbit UL service, my line will be allocated a total combined stream bandwidth of 40mbit only, therefore if I max out 10mbit UL the max DL I can achieve will be 30mbit, combined total of 40mbit. 

Although if I download from a single server which uses minimal UL then I can max out 40mbit DL. A torrent client might be seeding many torrents hence has a higher upload rate usage. 

Hope this makes sense. 

Also your uTorrent client is very old. I use a portable variant from lrepacks.ru. Its almost always up to date. 

https://lrepacks.ru/repaki-programm-dlya-interneta/107-utorrent-pack-repack-amp-portable.html

Run the installer/GUI. On subsequent installs you can run the installer/unpacker directly and choose where to unpack/upgrade and preserve settings, select "Do not overwrite existing user settings" during GUI install

My friend have a 10 mbps broadband connection and always gets 20 mbps download speed when downloading torrents.

He said his ISP has given him this facility, I don't know how.

In my case I think IDM is the only option I have to download something at a good speed.

coromonadalix

Same things for some vpn,   some locations you choose will  limit the speed ... some dont

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2020 at 12:08 PM, ashish1989 said:

My friend have a 10 mbps broadband connection and always gets 20 mbps download speed when downloading torrents.

He said his ISP has given him this facility, I don't know how.

In my case I think IDM is the only option I have to download something at a good speed.

Sounds improbable. Keep updating trackers. Also, if you just download and not seed, over a period of time, your download speed will reduce.

• 1 month later...
john_smith0123

I use PicoTorrent is a BitTorrent client or  qbittorrent.  Pico is very simple. Both are better then utorrent

https://www.qbittorrent.org/

https://picotorrent.org/

Archived